[CLOSED][GUIDE] How to Unroot your OnePlus 3 / 3T and go back completely to stock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Sam_Saju_sqZs Donut Apr 4, 2018

G_Sam_Saju_sqZs, Apr 4, 2018 :
    Thanks for the reply but I have a question - there any other way without using the tool? And If there isn't are you able to give me a link?

2. calvinistmac Jelly Bean Apr 5, 2018

calvinistmac, Apr 5, 2018 :
    There is but it's simpler to just use the tool. A search will yield the information you need.

3. imakul8 Cupcake Apr 19, 2018

calvinistmac likes this.
  4. calvinistmac Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2018

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018

5. S_T_A_R Gingerbread Apr 27, 2018

S_T_A_R, Apr 27, 2018 :
    I have an issues after unroot and lock bootloader, when I reboot my OP3T there is a screen showing start in 5 sec. Etc.
    How can i remove this.

6. Paschfire Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2018

Paschfire, Apr 28, 2018 :
    All depends on what the screen message says.

7. A.Broken.Star Cupcake Apr 30, 2018

A.Broken.Star, Apr 30, 2018 :
    I'm currently running Android N (7.0) Resurrection Remix ROM. Should i download Stock Oreo or Nougat ROM ? I want to be on open beta OOS (dont care if its Android O or N).

8. calvinistmac Jelly Bean May 5, 2018

calvinistmac, May 5, 2018 :
    Go for the latest Open Beta.

9. lkosova Ice Cream Sandwich May 7, 2018

lkosova, May 7, 2018 :
    Hi, thx for the great thread. I bought 2 phones when op3 came out Mine I learned to update, sideload etc with yours and others help. No problem...

My son rooted his and used trwp He is still on 3.1.2 (never had any issues). He wants to update to 5.0.1 Android 8.0. He has tried and downloaded the update after taking off the root and the phone seems to be boot into trwp.

Does he still need to follow the instructions on the first page since he is using trwp? If trwp is blocking the update is there a way to remove trwp, update, then put trwp back on? Or another solution leaving trwp. (I have limited trwp knowledge even after looking it up)

I guess I am just asking for the best solution with my limited knowledge I have searched but was confused since he is on 3.1.2 why would he roll back to the same?

Thanks again in advance.

10. St0ne_ Cupcake May 10, 2018

St0ne_, May 10, 2018 :
    It says "Open Beta 33 (for the OnePlus 3)", but is it also working if i have Open Beta 35 installed?

EDIT: It worked 100% fine, thank you very much for the tutorial. I can confirm this 100% works with Open Beta 35.

Last edited: May 10, 2018

11. Bobbie63 Lollipop May 10, 2018

Bobbie63, May 10, 2018 :
    @Sun90, any chance you are able to help out on this?

12. calvinistmac Jelly Bean May 12, 2018

calvinistmac, May 12, 2018 :
    Guide has been updated to version 4.3. I have edited this to broadly include all versions of OxygenOS (Open Beta and Stable) as there was a post above with some minor confusion.

I am starting to wind down on checking this thread. Fortunately there are some good folks on here who keep an eye on it and answer questions when I'm not around.

Please again make sure you read the original post in its entirety and search the thread for an answer to any questions you have before posting the question. Most everything has been covered here.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  13. lkosova Ice Cream Sandwich May 12, 2018

lkosova, May 12, 2018 :
    Hi, good to see you here. Yes I have some confusion but just want to make sure If I am still going back to stock since I think my son is still on stock but with trwp. My post is two above.

Last question... Since you have been great for the forum and a advanced user.... May I ask what rom you are going to? Just curious since I will be looking at some point.

All the best and thx for all your help here.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  14. calvinistmac Jelly Bean May 12, 2018

Thanks for the wishes. I'm glad this has been a good thread and a good help to many people!

I have actually moved to the Pixel 2 XL and have been using that since the beginning of February. I still have my OP3 which is running LOS 15.1. I boot it up every now and then. I'll eventually be selling it on Swappa.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  15. lkosova Ice Cream Sandwich May 12, 2018

lkosova, May 12, 2018 :
    So then with this question..... Above..... Just completely go back and use the guide correct.,since he has trwp....??? Sorry that is where I get confused.

16. calvinistmac Jelly Bean May 12, 2018

If he has TWRP then he's still rooted. You'll need to follow the guide from the beginning.

Bobbie63 likes this.
  17. lkosova Ice Cream Sandwich May 12, 2018

lkosova, May 12, 2018 :
    That is what I thought He showed me his phone says it was unrooted when he did something but just checking Will follow the guide Again all the best and hope to see you back at some point Op3 is great for my use and the hardware is solid. I will just play around with roms and see what I like

Thx for everything you did for the forum I will miss your remarks...... Lol :cool:

calvinistmac and Bobbie63 like this.
  18. SgtIcetea Honeycomb May 24, 2018

SgtIcetea, May 24, 2018 :
    How do I fix the dm-verity message? I thought following this guide would also get rid of it but it didn't is there a faster way than re-rooting, installing twrp and following the guides that flash older firmware?

19. laupuy Honeycomb May 24, 2018

SgtIcetea likes this.
  20. SgtIcetea Honeycomb May 24, 2018

laupuy likes this.