[CLOSED]Honest opinion One+ via OnePlus 7T Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabolique
    Cupcake Oct 20, 2020

Diabolique , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 20, 2020 :
    So don't really know how to start this but here I go.

I'm kinda a tech guy, technology enthusiast if you could say that ,the kind friends and acquaintances ask when and what to buy relating to phones,pc and almoust every consumer electronics stuff. I owned and own plenty of electronics ,from plenty of brands ,some are good ,some are bad , but I'm gonna talk about smartphones here.
    I went from a symbian Nokia beeing my first smartphone to a fost android phone beeing a HTC and till now never went away from Android after testing and owning more that 30 phones ,many of them from different manufacturers ,known brands and 'one time' chinese brands.

The first one+ phone is the 7t pro , best one+ phone on the market at the moment of buy , verry respectable and appreciated brand for its quality, money-performance ratio and great software.

Since then, I'm kinda say to say one+ went down hill , phones became more expensive , almoust as well known flagship brands , verry few features compared to them , even software support is close to non existent.
    I understand, don't get me wrong, you guys went on a market spree launching new models , addressing more and more market tier consumers , but didn't consider the fact that maybe your programers ,developers can't handle to offer support for all of them in due time , and that's your fault. You guys want to be a big company ? Have phones and other stuff competing to other brands ? I understand,business is business , but consider the principles that made you famous,consider the software development for wich 70% of your buyers became your clients. Many can live without the gymicki features others offer , so can i, but from that, to offering almoust no improvement to things like OS optimisations, no camera optimisations, just a few security patches launched now and then, not even monthly ones ,features promised like previous owners stated ,is a long way.
    Take a look at the forums,not even a single moderator here, no tech support, no statements and not event a hint on the direction one+ is going is just bad for the brand and worst for the users.
    This kind of a software and client support is what a usual chinese 30$ / phone gives so what the hell one+ ? This model in under a year old and you toss it to the trashcan. We can expect even the newer models like 8 and 8t to be trashed out in half a year, you guys are becoming the old Xiaomi, even them are starting to become more serious. So what's going on ? From a brad that was the top tier of it's time, well spoken by users and reviewers everywhere to what you guys are becoming now verry fast.
    Maybe I'm dumb and I'm the only one that feels this way,maybe it's just a business strategy and in the next months you guys are gonna sell your brand to huawei or so on. Gonna attract lots of hate from fanboy's and gonna attract appreciation from users that feel the same but that's not the point. The point is that one+ needs to evaluate it's principles again , needs to think about it's long term plan if they haven't already, needs to say to us the direction it's going if they have even an ounce of respect for its clients or you guys are going to fall big time and not even in a long term,I'm talking in in less than a year from now when users start to feel the same as I do,we are not all kids ,we are not all fanboy's of the brand and want to see the value for our money for what we bought. Get your sh@t together one+ or you will be the long term losser.

2. Ankit_2012
    Eclair Oct 20, 2020

3. harshil1903
    Jelly Bean Oct 20, 2020

4. sidsousa
    Donut Oct 20, 2020

sidsousa , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Lol! AS iF any company cares about what you think! No whey won't go downhill because people will still buy it as with any other brand. Every brand has its advantages and disadvantages. It's up to you to decide if you want to continue buying that brand or not. No one is forcing you. You bought a OnePlus, didn't like it, next year buy a Samsung. You'll see the experience will be the same. You won't say "oh samsung give me what I want otherwise you'll go downhill"... One advice, grow up because it's so tiring seeing these people just complain and complain...

5. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Oct 20, 2020

pablofg1978 , Oct 20, 2020 :
    Hello there,
    I really dont know what forum are you talking about, Moderators are active all day long here, and there are threads by admins at least a coupleof times a week.
    I also dont know what you mean about software support, if you mean monthly security updates, that was never promised by oneplus. Oneplus releases updates every two months. The software support policy is 2 years of software updates and one extra year of security updates, this one of the best software update policy on android devices.

About the price, is is true that the pro version of this year is more expensive than the one from the year before, but you also get more features and more premium specs, that cost more money.
    If you dont want to spend more money, you have a non pro version more afordable.

My advise to you is to buy the device that suits your needs, no mather which brand is. If you think that the price, the specs, software or anything on the actual oneplus devices dont suit your needs, just buy another one.

I invite you to use the feedback page to submit your feel to oneplus, but I request you to be objective, most of the points that you adress here are simply not true.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    Thread closed