[CLOSED]How I got scammed by OnePlus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bounze
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

Bounze , Jun 22, 2017 :
    As the title suggests, I kinda got scammed by oneplus. As we all know the keynote was the 20th, right after you were able to get the OP5 in the early drop. I wanted to get the OP5 as soon as possible and I wanted some accessories, the exclusive welcome bundle was perfect for me. I live pretty close to Amsterdam so I asked support if the bundle would be available there for the same price so I could buy it there and wouldn't have to wait for shipping, they said it was. If I had bought the 128 midnight black op5 with the bundle (sandstone case, black op bullets, screen protector and 150cm dash cable) this would have been a total of €600,90.

When I got at the pop-up event it turned out that the staff made a list of the first 300 people so they could buy the phone. The worst part is that a lot of these people couldn't even buy a phone because there weren't even 300 units, not to mention that the 128gig model was sold out really fast. So I asked the staff if I could still get the bundle without the phone so I could order it later and still get it for the same price, they told me they only gave some accessories in a goodie bag if you bought the phone and they didn't even sell the accessories.

Now I have to wait for the midnight black version to get in stock again and obviously the exclusive welcome bundle won't be available with the 50% discount as it was in the early drop. So basically I now have to pay more to get the exact same and I have to wait. Now there were also a lot of people who came from pretty far to get this phone only to get disappointed by oneplus. I made a support ticket explaining all this and asked if I could get the stuff I want for the early drop prices, I'm still waiting on a reply. I just wanted to tell you all to never go to the pop-up stores and always order online.

2. d3funct
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

d3funct , Jun 22, 2017 :
    I had it in my cart online . went to pay . sorry out of stock message appears. I also have to wait now. it's a bummer

avjain2015 likes this.
  3. Bounze
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

Bounze , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Well that is to be expected but being straight up lied to is unacceptable, and what was the purpose of the rsva's?

avjain2015 likes this.
  4. avjain2015
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2017

avjain2015 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    First time would be customer of One Plus - and I have the same story with online experience no different than yours. Although, I was in time to order the 128GB midnite but on adding the exclusive welcome bundle - a swift "out of stock" diligently came up. I raised a ticket with one plus - was adviced to subscribe via email to thier latest promotions and be on the lookout. Not amused at all.
    What I would really welcome - is if they want them to up the customer service game here and do something about it. A suggestion in good faith :
    For One, atleast offer the same deal to people to took the pain to visit pop-up stores. Plus - People who raised support cases enquiring about this - honor their requests.

5. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 22, 2017

6. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jun 22, 2017

Tokolozi, KU1T and sfomin like this.
  7. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2017

hotsauce , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Actually Verbal contract is legally binding. But the hard part is the burden of proof is on your shoulder. If you have multiple eye witnesses, audio or video, then obviously it'd be easy. But of course that's not often the case.

Just learn this recently from my business law class lol

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  8. sfomin
    Nougat Jun 22, 2017

sfomin , Jun 22, 2017 :
    if they have not taken your money, they have not scammed you...YET

9. meatandy
    Oreo Jun 22, 2017

meatandy , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Maybe in a professional setting , yes
    Most of the time it ends up being,
    he said...she said....
    Or just That's what she said....
    Especially when doing business with a foreign company outside your home country you don't have a leg to stand on.

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. Bounze
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

Bounze , Jun 22, 2017 :
    well in my case nothing was out of stock only until half an hour after I got my answer from support but I wanted to get the phone asap so I went to the pop-up store not knowing this bullcrap would happen.

11. Bounze
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

Bounze , Jun 22, 2017 :
    guess that's true but I will get this phone but now I'll have to pay more for accessories

12. avjain2015
    Cupcake Jun 22, 2017

avjain2015 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    An update - I was just able to order the Exlusive Welcome Bundle standalone, meaning if you had added this bundle in your shopping cart earlier - it will show $79.80 as the price. But when checking out - you will a discount of $39.90 applied. Ofcourse you have pay shipping as the amount is less than $100., but a little respite - worth trying for people who are in my situation.

13. Bounze
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

Bounze , Jun 22, 2017 :
    I could only select it with the 128gb version of the phone

14. dboyrusky
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

15. grneyez
    Honeycomb Jun 22, 2017

Attached Files:

16. bruh4
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

bruh4 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Unfortunately this.
    Its more of a you want a product that's really popular, and stock can't meet demand.

If you need a phone now asapasap next day amazon a phone, active it, and return. Or find a brick and morter store with a 100% rrefund policy. Is kinda scummy, but you need a phone you need a phone.

17. ctrev21
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

ctrev21 , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Life lesson learned. next time pull the fuckin trigger!

18. HeeroML
    Gingerbread Jun 22, 2017

HeeroML , Jun 22, 2017 :
    This is not scamming, just out of stock. pop-up isn't guarantee to get. though this 300 isn't nice.

19. lostLambda
    Lollipop Jun 22, 2017

lostLambda , Jun 22, 2017 :
    How heart wrenching.

Tokolozi likes this.
  20. adilamistry
    Donut Jun 22, 2017

adilamistry , Jun 22, 2017 :
    Meh, I wouldn't really call this scammed. Unfortunate for sure, but that's just how launches can be...

Tokolozi likes this.