[CLOSED]How to remove the deactivated sim icon from status bar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2017

ashwin.243 , Mar 27, 2017 :
    Hello people
    Since I've upgraded to Nougat, I'm not able to remove the second SIM icon from the status bar. I have a second SIM in the slot but I only use it once a week or once in 2 weeks. In oxygen os 3 marshmallow, when I used to switch off the SIM then the icon used to get removed but since Nougat I am not able to do that. Anyone knows how to do it?

1490634350637.jpg

2. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 27, 2017

Sun90 , Mar 27, 2017 :
    You can't do so on Nougat,unless u remove the SIM from the SIM tray.

SoniaB and Sahilkum like this.
  3. instarobuk
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2017

instarobuk , Mar 27, 2017 :
    Not sure you can hide it. Why turn it off, just swap all over to the SIM you use. it's easy to switch data from the status bar but you can go in and select ask always for calls and text or just select which one each time. other then that unless you switch to a custom ROM which offers this i think your stuck with it as is

Sun90 likes this.
  4. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2017

I understand all of this. The reason of switching off this SIM is that this SIM is from UAE and I live in India. I only turn this on to receive OTPs from my Dubai Bank. Now, if I turn it on always, then the company sends me a lot of roaming messages which irritates me and if by mistake I receive a call on this number then the bill becomes huge. So, I turn this off
    Reason of not installing a custom ROM is that I don't want to unlock the bootloader of my phone due to security reasons. Till the bootloader is locked, no one can access the data of my phone without my access.

Reason I raised the thread is that this feature was there in Oxygen OS 3 Marshmallow but now it has been removed in Nougat. Removing the SIM icon makes the status bar more clean.

deviantartjr likes this.
  5. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 27, 2017

Sun90 , Mar 27, 2017 :
    Well really sorry about that annoyance caused by the roaming SIM.
    But in Nougat u can't do that for now.
    So u have to live by it.

gildavid likes this.
  6. ABHI170790
    Froyo Mar 27, 2017

7. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2017

Thanks for replying but please refer to the screenshot I mentioned. When I switch off the SIM it shows a no SIM icon in the second SIM slot. I want to remove that. When I switch off the SIM, I want only one SIM icon in the status bar. When I activate both, I want both icons

8. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2017

kaghedo , Mar 27, 2017 :
    Remove the sim and keep it...

9. AbidAbdullah
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2017

10. Rockett0
    Froyo Mar 27, 2017

Rockett0 , Mar 27, 2017 :
    Tape the sim and the tool to the inside of your case. Then pop it in when you need it.

11. Henaway
    Honeycomb Mar 27, 2017

Henaway , Mar 27, 2017 :
    Is having the disabled sim icon REALLY a huge issue? Yes, it's a bit silly that you can't remove it, but it also reminds you that you actually have a second SIM currently inserted in your phone. WIping your phone and installing a new ROM is a little bit excessive ... just because you don't like a UI design feature that doesn't harm your daily usage in any way. But that's just me. *shrug*

Nanjunda K T likes this.
  12. ashwin.243
    Honeycomb Mar 28, 2017

ashwin.243 , Mar 28, 2017 :
    Yeah, it's not a big issue bro, I just wanted to remove it as it was annoying for me. On the other hand I don't switch ROMs much and my memory is clear enough to remember that my SIM is in the phone only and no where else coz that's the place only I keep it.

Also, this did not happen in Oxygen OS 3 then why it happens in Oxygen OS 4.

Plus many people around here are giving me dumb ideas. See, I am on Honeycomb level of OnePlus forums and there is a reason why you reach at this level. I know all the in and outs of Android and I try a lot of custom ROMs and mods on my secondary phone (OnePlus 2)
    For security of my data I didn't want to unlock the bootloader of my OnePlus 3 which is a reason I don't get into installing custom ROMs on my OnePlus 3. I was just checking if this is the general issue or only I am facing this so that I can proceed with a factory reset and sort this out

snowcat98 and Henaway like this.
  13. MarkLR
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2017

MarkLR , Mar 28, 2017 :
    I don't have the deactivated SIM icon on mine. Make sure you installed the SIM in the first slot and not the second. I'm pretty sure that if you install the SIM in the first slot the icon should disappear.

14. G_Alex_Szeto_EyzR
    Cupcake May 25, 2017

15. Sun90
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 25, 2017

Sun90 , May 25, 2017 :
    For now there is no option in Nougat Oos apart from removing the SIM from the SIM tray.

16. SoniaB
    Community Hero 2020 May 25, 2017

SoniaB , May 25, 2017 :
    Indeed there is not.
    The device recognizes that there is a SIM in the slot and will show it in the status bar as deactivated.
    Some would argue that this is the correct behaviour.

Thread closed as answered 3 times already by @Sun90 [​IMG]

Sun90 likes this.