[CLOSED] How to switch to beta program

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

Nicolas_M , Jul 5, 2017 :
    I am trying to find detailed instructions on how to move from the regular oxygen build to the open beta program but found nothing clear.

Can anyone kindly explain the procedure clearly for someone who doesn't know what "rooting" is? From downloading to installation instructions.

I'd highly appreciate it
    thanks!

2. shirish.k
    Gingerbread Jul 5, 2017

shirish.k , Jul 5, 2017 :
    switch form beta to stable or stable to beta: "youtu.be/eyHFBkgoSa8"
    I hope this link will help you to easily switch to desired version.

3. jpts
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 5, 2017

jpts , Jul 5, 2017 :
    How about looking at pinned Beta threads first post? :rolleyes::confused:

4. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

How about being kind and explaining? I used the search function, I read a few threads but most were too technical or derived in different things

nandisha likes this.
  5. shollmannr
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

shollmannr , Jul 5, 2017 :
    The way I did it was, I downloaded the beta from downloads.oneplus.net. Download it on your computer of course, then connect your phone to your computer. Put the download into your phones internal storage. Do not need to put it into a folder in the storage. Boot your phone into recovery by holding volume down and the power button until the recovery screen comes up. Hit the right button, usually the multitasking button to switch it to English. Pick update from internal and pick the file. It will then update and reboot.

6. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

How about being kind and explaining? I used the search function, I read a few threads but most were too technical or derived in different things

7. ashacekar

8. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

Now this is what I needed. Thanks man! Are you happy with the switch?

9. shollmannr
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

You're welcome! I enjoy the quick updates and added features vs the stable. I have not experienced any bugs yet either. I do not regret it one bit, I say go for it.

10. jpts

OALEXANDER likes this.
  11. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

I did. Does it make so angry because I didn't succeed in finding it?
    Instead of scolding me like a kid trying to teach me a lesson, save your arrogance and you could've saved us both this waste of time and post this links from the beginning. Is it that hard just to be kind?

12. F_Gregory_Jimenez_Peralt
    Froyo Jul 5, 2017

13. jpts

jpts , Jul 5, 2017 :
    How hard was that thread to find? It's literally the first pinned thread here, but no, you created your own thread and think you get everything on silver plate, some people...

Android450 likes this.
  14. shollmannr
    Cupcake Jul 5, 2017

You're welcome! I enjoy the quick updates and added features vs the stable. I have not experienced any bugs yet either. I do not regret it one bit, I say go for it.

15. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

OMG, What a tragedy!! The forum and the internet are in danger, can you imagine? Another thread created!!! What an aberration, what if it helps anyone? What are we gonna do? It's the end, the end of the world!!!!

Exactly.... I tell you exactly the same

16. jpts

jpts , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Again search, how many threads about "How to join Beta" or "How to get Beta" you'll find from this first page alone?
    And the main Beta thread is first and pinned...
    But no, "I needs me own thread" :rolleyes::confused:

17. Nicolas_M
    Eclair Jul 5, 2017

Again, try kindness straight away next time. I'll assure it yields better results and it'll make your life better

18. jpts

jpts , Jul 5, 2017 :
    Again search before making thread, you might (well might) learn something, doubt it, but...

luigimario likes this.
  19. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 5, 2017

jpts likes this.