1. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 31, 2018

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Sorry. It's a habit :p

Punk_69 and izzykasha like this.
  2. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I dare you to find copy paste of this anywhere. It will only be found in come place. Here. Yes all above things were popular before apple launched them. If you were talking a 1:1 copy then why were you listing things off in this way? Your Orkut example made absolutely no sense. The iPhone 6 copied HTC's design. The outcry fell on deaf ears though. For your information I am feeling like you were not born until after 2000. The Evo line of devices was very popular. There was even a time in schools they would say "turn off your Evos" whereas now it has gone to iPhone. None of the Evo devices were flops. Nor the One line. The One line sold incredibly well. Then Scott Croyle left HTC and they stopped innovating. So if you are trying to say the OnePlus 6, which has not been released yet, is a clone of the iPhone X then I call complete hogwash. The back of the device looks like Samsung S9+, even down to the fingerprint sensor on the back. Wait... Last I checked Apple got rid of the fingerprint sensor. :expressionless:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018

3. Toghrul_Tahirov
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

Toghrul_Tahirov , Mar 31, 2018 :
    5t is inspired from iPhone?? like what the heck...
    + iPhone was not even the first one to come up with notch ...there was Essential phone before that ..
    OnePlus doesn't have the technology for sensors embedded under the screen.... Soo what else could it have suggested+ I believe there will be a software trick to hide the notch ...u can just use that if u r that much not okay with notch

4. Toghrul_Tahirov
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

good points tho...[e]1f603[/e][e]1f603[/e]

Baymax likes this.
  5. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Thank ya. :D

G_Togrul_Tahirov likes this.
  6. izzykasha
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

izzykasha , Mar 31, 2018 :

Baymax

I dare you to find copy paste of this anywhere. It will only be found in come place. Here. Yes all above things were popular before apple launched them. If you were talking a 1:1 copy then why were you listing things off in this way? Your Orkut example made absolutely no sense. The iPhone 6 copied HTC's design. The outcry fell on deaf ears though. For your information I am feeling like you were not born until after 2000. The Evo line of devices was very popular. There was even a time in schools they would say "turn off your Evos" whereas now it has gone to iPhone. None of the Evo devices we're flops. Nor the One line. The One line sold incredibly well. Then Scott Croyle left HTC and they stopped innovating. So if you are trying to say the OnePlus 6, which has not been released yet, is a clone of the iPhone X then I call complete hogwash. The back of the device looks like Samsung S9+, even down to the fingerprint sensor on the back. Wait... Last I checked Apple got rid of the fingerprint sensor.​

you can't help yourself can you, I'm going to call the sense police and have you locked up for the night.

what do u think you are doing bringing facts, historically referenced evidence and gramatically correct prose to a forum!!!!!!

I hope they lock you up and throw away the key!

7. Toghrul_Tahirov
    Eclair Mar 31, 2018

and what if OnePlus goes with the new trend of notch as well...this is called improvement... it's up to you (everyone's personal opinion) wether u like or not....
    + OnePlus, in my opinion, offers even better products for even lower price tag.... The hell I would ever pay sth like $1000

Baymax likes this.
  8. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Speaking of grammatically correct prose, gotta prepare the Month in Review for release today.

9. izzykasha
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

izzykasha , Mar 31, 2018 :
    nice!

Punk_69 and Baymax like this.
  10. Punk_69
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

Punk_69 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Well i have one good example to compare with this "notch" trend.....
    The genre of "battle royale" games....

The pioneer of the notch was the essential phone (or the LG v10), pioneer of battle royale games was Dyna Blaster ( or something else, i remember there was an Arma mod too, and then there was DayZ)

So the first commercially successful "notch" was of the iPhone X (even tho it was ugly), and first successful and popular battle royale was PUBG - Player Unknowns Battle Grounds

But then there were other companies which started the same stuff, case 1 - companies used the notch, case 2 - battle royale games by many other companies

So, oneplus isn't basically copying the iPhone X, or the other companies aren't copying PUBG,

Its just that other companies are using the same thing. It isn't being copied.
    Well instead of PUBG i can take CS too (counter strike i mean) there's so many companies which made similar games.

What are your thoughts? @Baymax @Cheetosdust @idkwhoiam322 @NeVeR_SeTTLe @meatandy @dsmonteiro

11. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I can only agree with the bolded statement because it was only commercially successful. It was not the first though. Essential got their commercial too though. Though you should also factor in fortnite. That is also very successful right now.

varma246 and Punk_69 like this.
  12. Punk_69
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

Punk_69 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Well yea, now fortnite is getting popular, but i dont like it, it's kinda childish, with too much stuff going on.... Kinda different though

Baymax likes this.
  13. varma246
    Lollipop Mar 31, 2018

varma246 , Mar 31, 2018 :
    Well, You can't change this butthurt kid. he will change the topic into his favor by forgetting the older topic..

It's started with copying ideas and implementing,Here Read this .....

we (few people ) proved that the Apple also copied ideas from other devices and implemented it in their devices .but he didn't agreed with us,and He actually changed his first post and removed the above "idea" question.

Now he's talking about whole device, see below...
    Not even talking or mentioning about the " idea and it's implementation"

@Baymax the thing is he bought the Oneplus device with higher expectations and he didn't satisfied by it,and at the end his butt is hurt so badly.He couldn't take the hurt and came here to prove that "oneplus copies things " which is a thing we all know and except it.

He won't agree the fact that Apple copies things from other brands.IF he agrees that "apple copies other brand idea" then it will justify "oneplus situation of copying notch idea" ....that's why he's not agreeing that Apple copying other brand.

BTW I asked him one question "why do you even care whether oneplus copies something from other brands".... Till now He didn't even given a proper answer for it.... You know why!

14. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    It was quite funny that he also thought the HTC Evo line and One line of devices didn't sell very well. Yep. No changing the mind of this butthurt kid.

Diagnosis: a bit of talc power rubbed on the affected area of the gluteus maximus.

izzykasha and varma246 like this.
  15. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    @dsmonteiro you hit the nail on the head! :p

Though I've already won this one. Mine is better. Mine doesn't even exist!

[​IMG]

16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 31, 2018

dsmonteiro , Mar 31, 2018 :
    I guess he already started asking for insta accounts, then...? :tearsofjoy:

17. Baymax

Baymax , Mar 31, 2018 :
    :laughing: yep

Punk_69 likes this.
  18. Deactivated User
    Mar 31, 2018