[CLOSED] is it worth updating?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Mr_Fister_pNle Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

GURVIR.SINGH likes this.
  2. Ryan Marshall Donut Jun 23, 2019

Ryan Marshall, Jun 23, 2019 :
    I've had it for 5 minutes and I regret all my actions that have led me here to this day

don't do it

G_Mr_Fister_pNle likes this.
  3. G_Mr_Fister_pNle Cupcake Jun 23, 2019

4. savvymatthew Gingerbread Jun 23, 2019

5. Kalyan Froyo Jun 23, 2019

6. gpcy Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

gpcy, Jun 24, 2019 :
    do you think android q can run on OnePlus 3 as custom rom when it's available ? I can wait . maybe less bugs?

7. karthik oneplus Honeycomb Jun 24, 2019

karthik oneplus, Jun 24, 2019 :
    Custom rom would be good if they don't have major bugs. I want to dispose my 3T because of lots of complaints on camera hardware failure.

Kalyan likes this.
  8. karthik oneplus Honeycomb Jun 24, 2019

karthik oneplus, Jun 24, 2019 :
    I skipped 9.0.2 and now. 0.3. Thanks to the community. Lots of issues are flooding in community.
    My current oreo is working fine for all basis like gps, Bluetooth earphones, calls etc. Will not risk it and my time.

Kalyan likes this.
  9. binaynimodia Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

binaynimodia, Jun 24, 2019 :
    If u can wait then wait . as i love updating new software like to teat new features and yeh when u update to get a new features u will get some bug, thats a normal thing. if u get bug tell and share developer will fix it so we can enjoy it more cool features and bug free in feature.
    yeh there are bugs on it if u can handle the upgrade and if u dont want to deal with bugs then just wait.

10. iNtEnSePL KitKat Jun 24, 2019

iNtEnSePL, Jun 24, 2019 :
    You can do it if you can give it some time and factory reset the phone prior to updating. All the issues people write about are due to updating the Oreo to Pie while all apps, settings etc. remain. that causes big mess. Reset the phone, update, reinstall apps, give the phone 2-3 days to settle etc. Then you have a well working phone.

karthik oneplus and Praty_28 like this.
  11. SinghSum Cupcake Jun 24, 2019

12. G1561136121487 Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

13. G1561136121487 Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

G1561136121487, Jun 25, 2019 :
    Not true. The new update is buggy.
    Resetting the phone after the update should give the same results, since the rom update doesn't depend on what you got installed on your phone. It can mess up the installation, but not the rom upgrade. After a reset everything should work fine.
    I had android p on my phone for a few days then rolled back to O. It messed up my proximity sensor and editing pocket mode was not always immediate, making the fingerprint sensor unavailable for a few seconds before you could unlock the phone.
    Yes, even after the reset the phone was slower than with O.

14. iNtEnSePL KitKat Jun 25, 2019

iNtEnSePL, Jun 25, 2019 :
    ok, sometimes the FP sensor lags and proximity sensor gets confused I confirm. These are not a show stoppers for me, but I admit, a fix here and there would be handy. Let's see what future brings

Kalyan likes this.
  15. ghostofcain Marshmallow Jun 25, 2019

ghostofcain, Jun 25, 2019 :
    What are you after from the update? If you need uptodate security patches then update, if you have issues that maybe will be fixed by the update then think about going ahead. Otherwise you'll lose nothing waiting a couple of weeks, but ultimately the choice is yours.

When reading feedback on a new ROM do take into account that very few users log onto a forum to say what a swell time they are having, although they are posting to the release thread, so feedback always tends towards the negative.

16. joricato Eclair Jun 25, 2019

joricato, Jun 25, 2019 :
    I agree that has some "minor" issues, and definitely is slower than Oreo, but there is the problem of the Security patch level, the previous version is on November 2018 while this is on April 2019. Is a security risk. hence I would recommend to give it a try ( one week). another option is to with Lineage OS. I am considering myself go with that

GURVIR.SINGH likes this.
  17. CarlosCJ Cupcake Jun 25, 2019

CarlosCJ, Jun 25, 2019 :
    No if you want use G Pay or another apps that marks incompatibles in Play Store

18. ghostofcain Marshmallow Jun 25, 2019

ghostofcain, Jun 25, 2019 :
    I have seen this mooted elsewhere as an issue, bit it's certainly not a common issue with updaters.

19. CarlosCJ Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

CarlosCJ, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Yes, and happends with clear install and erase and add the car, clearing cache and data, restart and installing only G Pay.... This is only my device problem, or only Spain problem?
    I am old user of OnePlus, I know when the problem not is because I doing bad steps.

20. ghostofcain Marshmallow Jun 26, 2019

ghostofcain, Jun 26, 2019 :
    As I say only ONE or TWO users have reported a G pay issue, in the release thread. I assume you have a locked bootloader and are not rooted in anyway?