[CLOSED]Is it worth using the beta? via OnePlus 6T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_Geek_Master_PBvx , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I have a OnePlus 6T from T-mobile that I converted to use the regular international software. I've used beta software for Samsung Galaxy S8 (my previous phone) and it was cool to get new features and functionality first while still having a phone stable enough for daily use. I'm wanting to know from anyone who has used and is using the beta software for OnePlus, especially on the 6T, if it's stable enough for daily use and if the new features are worth it?

2. Shiva.V
    Froyo Oct 28, 2019

KeepTransisting likes this.
  3. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Oct 28, 2019

The1Lion , Oct 28, 2019 :
    BETA means you are the tester - so not guaranteed stable. If you are okay with that then read instructions for installing the BETA as well as instruction to revert back to stable just in case. You should be aware of the risk of using the BETA and you accept those risk when you install it.
    For me, having a stable version of the OS on my daily driver is more important than having the "latest" features. Those I can wait for when we know they won't interfere with our daily needs ;)

4. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 28, 2019

ironass , Oct 28, 2019 :
    I can make the decision much easier for you...

You cannot use Open Beta 1, Android 10, on the converted T-Mobile (USA) carrier minority variant.

See, here and, here.

Oxygen Updater also has a warning...

[​IMG]

6. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 28, 2019

ironass , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Here we go again! :rolleyes:

The links work if you use the Google Chrome browser and not the OnePlus Community app.

B_Wrath likes this.
  7. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 28, 2019

pablofg1978 , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Please, use the official beta thread for any beta related discussion.
    My advice is if you are not able to open simple links, maybe you should stay away from betas.
    Pointless and redundant thread closed

Shiva.V and ironass like this.