[Closed]Is Motherboard repair possible ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhisheksahota
    Eclair Jul 5, 2015

abhisheksahota , Jul 5, 2015 :
    My phone fell in water,
    After drying everything is working except signals. Radio is not turning on from *#*#INFO#*#*
    I think there is issue with Network/RF IC. Service center is asking 17k fr whole motherboard replacements.
    Please let me know if it is possible to change only one IC or not?

2. peterzhu2118
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 6, 2015

peterzhu2118 , Jul 6, 2015 :
    You can't change it without using super expensive tools. BUT you can take it apart (at your own risk) and check if everything is plugged in right.

3. abhisheksahota
    Eclair Jul 6, 2015

abhisheksahota , Jul 6, 2015 :
    i have opened it twice, but i want confirmation if repair shops are able to repair motherboard by replacing IC ?

4. peterzhu2118
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 7, 2015

peterzhu2118 , Jul 7, 2015 :
    You can't just remove a chip on a motherboard, it doesn't work like that. You would need a new motherboard.

5. finaldentiny
    Community Veteran Jul 7, 2015

finaldentiny , Jul 7, 2015 :
    I rather not do that.
    warranty void is bad.
    might want to try submitting ticket to CS;)

6. feluda
    Lollipop Jul 8, 2015

7. cboursinos
    Honeycomb Nov 2, 2015

cboursinos , Nov 2, 2015 :
    213 euro for motherboard and 7 euro for repair.... Buy a new one

vidhina_23 likes this.
  8. mannan2000
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

mannan2000 , Dec 18, 2018 :
    Oneplus support is very bad. My phone suddenly switched off and when i went to service center they are saying replace motherboard. I don't understand why I should pay 15k for outdated model?

It is irrepairable and have to buy new samsung model by throwing this away.

Under buyback program they valued my phone for Rs. 5000 but when it comes to spare parts its Rs. 15,000........3 times the value of my phone. It is not justified.

vidhina_23 likes this.
  9. Gaurav garg12
    Cupcake Jan 4, 2019

Gaurav garg12 , Jan 4, 2019 :
    One plus 5t wasste company zero statisfication level low standards than any other xiaomi ,opportunity companies they sometimes get a pinch of water if it's raining immediately bad their parts are much superior than u r parts of expensive 5th is shitty ,outdated parts and technology u use in costly mobiles and Ur motherboard charges likes 24k plus touch first of all expenses costs is not worth for this kind of low standard company secondly Ur making fool of customermera even 10k mobiles of other companies if they get litter water by rain still works u should close Ur company and first concentrate on giving good satisfaction to customer always asking to pay high amounts u wanted my 35k u still saying to pay 20k seriously I want instant solution I don't wait again problem u still if u replaced parts it's you think worth are u out of mind either refund my money oor giving me new phone 5t if I don't worry do it will take this issue to media and consumer court plzzz take this case to high authority either filing a complaint boss this is not acceptable from big reputed company Ur are running Ur name now I have taken lesson never purchase one plus in my life
    Thanking u gaurav jain

Rahul.chavan likes this.
  10. Rahul.chavan
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2019

Rahul.chavan , Jan 14, 2019 :
    exactly... I am facing same issue.. it get damaged with very Lil spilled water.. suggesting everyone not to buy OnePlus now.

11. MoYusuf
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2020

MoYusuf , Jul 27, 2020 :
    same issue but I did not even spill any thing it was just humid weather and my phone started showing issues then I contacted customer care.... they took my phone and diagnosed it and said it is motherboard issue and they said it would cost me 17k.... for 2yr old phone ... really diappointed.

12. Rahul.chavan
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2020

Rahul.chavan , via OnePlus 6 , Jul 27, 2020 :
    Yes... Very bad experience... I bought iphone 8 after that.... I didn't repaired the OnePlus. That problem get solved automatically after 3/4 months.. but lesson learnt... hence forth no that much investment in Chinese phone...

13. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 27, 2020

B_Wrath , Jul 27, 2020 :
    You guys do realize you are bumping a 5 years old thread? Please don't do that.

14. Gajawada Praveen
    Cupcake May 6, 2021

Gajawada Praveen , May 6, 2021 :
    My OP6 mobile stopped working suddenly and not switching on. Service center guy told me that it's mother board issue and costs 23k for oneplus 6 64gb variant which I bought for 35k.
    It's ridiculous.
    I was fan of oneplus and no longer now.

15. LovinaTyagi
    Cupcake Jun 6, 2021

LovinaTyagi , Jun 6, 2021 :
    My phone stopped on 5may ...suddenly the video stopped and black screen ...
    The phone won't turn on or even charge ....they said the same thing to me... motherboard issue ...

I will visit a repair center ...they said power ic might be faulted

16. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Jun 12, 2021

Cervantes , Jun 12, 2021 :
    Hello
    This thread is in the One Plus One forum, which is the first phone that was launched
    if You have OP 6 You can use the OP 6 forum

Read the forum rules: Rules
    Thread closed

Best regards, Cervantes, Forum Moderator

Artemus. and McJader like this.