[Closed] Is Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) fake in Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_adrian_simental_QEGP
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2017

G_adrian_simental_QEGP , Feb 13, 2017 :
    wow must be a defect. I took video the other day while walking. camera was moving all over the place, went into gallery and that's where you see the magic!! absolutely no shake(not as robotic as pixel) but naturally so.

vinayvilas likes this.
  2. Kiran.a.joseph
    Jelly Bean Feb 13, 2017

Kiran.a.joseph , Feb 13, 2017 :
    Sad to hear that you had a bad experience, but I dont think this is an issue with all OP phones. Did you raise this as an issue with oneplus?

Tommy6860 likes this.
  3. Tommy6860
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2017

Tommy6860 , Feb 13, 2017 :
    Please share the actual link or official OP reference to this update.

4. Tommy6860
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2017

Tommy6860 , Feb 13, 2017 :
    I have an S7 Edge, and though the 3t does OK for limiting the shaking effect while taking video and moving, the S7 is better at stabilization. Still, the 3t is good for video.

JoshuvaAntony likes this.
  5. G_adrian_simental_QEGP
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2017

G_adrian_simental_QEGP , Feb 14, 2017 :
    I own an edge too

Tommy6860 likes this.
  6. Alp123
    Froyo Feb 14, 2017

Alp123 , Feb 14, 2017 :
    its you who is getting hiper....check your words...

JoshuvaAntony likes this.
  7. Tommy6860
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2017

Tommy6860 , Feb 14, 2017 :
    I have the 3t because my edge is almost dead after six months of use. Samsung refuses to cover the warranty.

8. G_adrian_simental_QEGP
    Honeycomb Feb 14, 2017

G_adrian_simental_QEGP , Feb 14, 2017 :
    dude I broke mine while trying to test what it takes to scratch it lol. my heavy *** key chain hit it at the weakest point. a huge pink line later developed!

Tommy6860 likes this.
  9. kravit
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2017

10. serafko
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

daviell and JoshuvaAntony like this.
  11. G_Anand_Sharma_ewsK
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

G_Anand_Sharma_ewsK , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Guys yesterday @ Navi Mumbai... india...I got an patch update 4.3 There is some kind of twiking in camera done the photos are bit ok now but lots of room for improvement one plus 3T

12. G_Anand_Sharma_ewsK
    Donut Feb 14, 2017

G_Anand_Sharma_ewsK , Feb 14, 2017 :
    I am truly impressed with 3T except camera which is a bit disappointing for me but m sure software updates can fix the Tunning parameters

13. JoshuvaAntony
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 14, 2017

JoshuvaAntony , Feb 14, 2017 :
    Yes the auto focus is great now...i tested it by placing my hand on front of the camera and it focused automatically and when i removed my hand from the cam...it suddenly focused the surrounding. In 4.0.2 it was not this good. I checked this by checking two phones which one ran 4.0.2 and the other with 4.0.3. Bt still i havent tested the low light performance upgrade.

G_Anand_Sharma_ewsK likes this.
  14. G_Anand_Sharma_ewsK
    Donut Feb 15, 2017

15. G_Muhammad_Qasim_tPyK
    Eclair Feb 16, 2017

G_Muhammad_Qasim_tPyK , Feb 16, 2017 :
    Videos are fine. No issue. But the shaky pictures are the issue.

16. G_adrian_simental_QEGP
    Honeycomb Feb 16, 2017

G_adrian_simental_QEGP , Feb 16, 2017 :
    ahhh there you have a point m8

17. daviell
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2017

daviell , Apr 4, 2017 :
    It's been mentioned a couple of times but I'll reiterate.
    1. OIS with photos is only really meant for correcting minor hand shake of still objects.
    2. HDR set on by default on OP3t. This will lead to blurry shots of any moving subject, (if shutter speed not fast enough) because it's effectively taking multiple shots and processing them together. Switch to HQ mode, or manual and adjust shutter speed. Min 1/125 of a second.
    3. My £1000 dslr has great image stabilization, but if I don't set the shutter speed correctly to account for movement of the subject, images will blur.

Been very happy with OP3t camera, once I got used to switching HDR off in these situations.

Hristcroix likes this.
  18. shanonsfx31
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2017

shanonsfx31 , Aug 27, 2017 :
    Hey guys.YESS! IT WORK AND IS DAMN GOOD IN IT. I HAVE PROOF AND U CAN TEST IT URSLF TOO. I am a proud oneplus 3t user for past few months. I have had some doubt about the EIS & OIS since my camera use to snap blurry images at times even by the slightest hand movement and also use to have shaky videos. Even tho it was not too noticeable and not present in every video recording mode.

*Fix number 1*
    Thats when i thought to search about it on net. I decided to download a third party app called footej camera. In this app setting, turning on the video stabilization option made super huge difference and my videow were soo much better. video recording in 4k was amazing but then it raised a question in my mind.!!! Is it only EIS doing all the work because OIS is a hardware feature and should work all the time cause u cant turn it off or on(that's what i use to believe)!!!

Then i got even more curious n worried. Searching if this is common with other users too i landed here! N read the comments. I was shattered knowing that i was not the only one and lots of users were complaining of the OIS being fake in this phone (which is not true).
    I read a lot n also came across the inbuilt testing system code *#808# and tested the OIS, but failing every time because it required to be performed under certain conditions.
    Then i remembered the video by youtuber "jerryrigeverything" as i watch all his videos and am his fan! In his oneplus 3t tear down video, he had shown how the OIS WORKS and it was working perfectly.

So that raised another doubt in my mind. Is my oneplus 3t a fake one??? But that couldn't b. My device was genuine and original.

*fix number 2* COMPULSORY
    A guy had commented on this forum over this topic that by CLEARING THE CHASE & DATA FILES AND THEN Force STOPPING THE DEFAULT CAMERA APP FROM THE APPLICATION SETTING DOES THE JOB.
    I tried it and it fixed the problem of blurry images while snapping picture from the default camera app!!!! I was bit satisfied but still wanted to know if my phones OIS is doing anything or its just THE EIS.

That's WHEN I GOT AN IDEA AND THIS CLEARED Every DOUBT IN MY MIND.

*FINAL SOLUTION / MORE OF A TEST TO KNOW ITS WORKING*
    REQUIREMENTS :
    1) A SMARTPHONE WITH GOOD CAMERA AND FLASH
    2) YOUR ONEPLUS 3 OR 3T( ANY PHONE THAT u want to test and HAS OIS)
    3) A SPACER i.e A BOX WITH TWO FLAT SIDES OR A CONTAINER OR CUP.

PROCEDURE :
    TAKE A SMALL SNACK CONTAINER OR STEEL GLASS OR SOMETHING WITH TWO FLAT SIDES AND PLACE THE TWO PHONES i.e ( ur oneplus 3/3t and ur other smartphone) ON THE FLAT SIDES With THE!!! CAMERAS FACING EACH OTHER!!!!

NOW SLIDE THE PHONES A BIT OUTWARDS SO THAT UR SMARTPHONE PHONE CAN RECORD UR ONEPLUS.

(THE IDEA IS TO LET THE PHONES BE ON A SURFACE STABLIZED AND TAKE THE WHOLE SURFACE AND MOVE IT AROUND SO THAT UR SMARTPHONE CAN RECORD UR ONPLUS'S CAMERA OIS MOVEMENT)

NOW TURN ON THE FLASH OPTION IN UR VIDEO RECORDING APP ON UR OTHER SMARTPHONE AND RECORD UR ONEPLUS WHEN U R SHAKING THE WHOLE SUBJECT i.e ( two phone and the spacer/container)
    Stop recording and watch the video. U will see that the camera lens moves inside which means OIS WORKS 100%

NOW THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT ONLY WORKS WHEN U R RECORDING IN 4K AND 1080P60FPS BUT NOT IN 720P AND IN 1080P ON STOCK CAMERA APP. (WORKS IF U FOLLOW THE FIX NUMBER 2)

OIS ALSO WORKS WHEN THE PHONE IS PUT TO SLEEP AND IN CAMERA MODE!! (WORKS IF U FOLLOW THE FIX NUMBER 2)

WHICH MEANS OIS CAN BE TURNED OFF AND THIS IS DUE TO SOFTWARE IMPLEMENTATION AND NOT HARDWARE!!!!!!!
    [TRY THIS BY URSLF GUYS WITH BOTH THE CAMERA ON AND CKECH THE VIDEO RECORDING ON UR OTHER SMARTPHONE. U WILL UNDERSTAND] THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY.
    FINAL CONCLUSION : OIS WORKS SUPERB AND IS NOT FAKE. EIS ALSO PLAY A GOOD ROLE.

19. drmartin
    Lollipop Moderator Aug 27, 2017

drmartin , Aug 27, 2017 :
    Closed due to complaints regarding posters intentional spamming to bump their own thread.

Please do not engage in unnatural posting to promote yourself.