[CLOSED] List of issues on OOS 10.0.3 & my journey coming to an end (hopefully not)! via OnePlus 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techtrip
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

techtrip , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 11, 2020 :
    I switched from a OP6T after A10 update thinking A10 would have been stable on OP7 considering it launched a while back and may have ironed out the issues but I'm getting bugged about some issues that have lingered on forever..

1. Google Maps / GPS in general would get stuck on the previous location so you'll need to kill Google Maps a couple times before it picks up your current location.

2. Every now and then you can't attach images on Whatsapp. Only way to fix that is to restart the device or kill Whatsapp a few times and it might work if you're lucky.

3. Using gesture navigation with 3rd party launchers still flickers with a black screen before seeing home screen. I understand this is a Google issue but still it is an issue.

4. Company that was super aggressive with their updates has diluted their phone portfolio so bad that they just can't cope up with timely & stable updates. Stable update rollback have been record high for them in the last few months!

5. Multitasking is a joke on OP throwing out phones with 8GB/12GB with capability of holding apps in memory worst than a 4GB phone.

I've been a pretty loyal OP customer since OP3 and this is my 6th OP devices, but I'm on the verge of changing brands because of what once used to be their strength is now their weakness.

Hope things turn around soon for them, and us users!

2. Xiaobin_Lu
    Gingerbread Feb 11, 2020

Xiaobin_Lu , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Feb 11, 2020 :
    I back up your point 4,5. I can live with other bugs for more than 2 months. well a timely updates will solve those a few bug.

all I'm waiting is pro motion on iPhone 12. I had shit experience with 6G ram 6T back in time.

techtrip likes this.
  3. DA7801
    Honeycomb Feb 11, 2020

DA7801 , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 11, 2020 :
    I don't know whether this is a particular phone problem but I haven't faced any of the issue from my first phone OnePlus 3T till now
    apart from the updates that's normal

4. Venkatesh_thota
    Froyo Feb 11, 2020

gauravM007 and techtrip like this.
  5. Venkatesh_thota
    Froyo Feb 11, 2020

techtrip likes this.
  6. techtrip
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

Actually such has been my experience until A10 on 6T and now 7. But it's been so long on A10 that these issues should have been ironed out by now.

7. techtrip
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

To me, #1 and 2 are the most important because it breaks the basic operational utility of a smartphone.

8. techtrip
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

I've noticed that even Pixel users are complaining about #1 so that's probably something to do with A10 itself, which Google may have mucked up. But on the contrary, I haven't seen any Samsung user complaining of these issues post the A10 update. I think it's an OEM's responsibility to fix the issues, at least the ones that involve basic operational utility of a smartphone.

Venkatesh_thota likes this.
  9. Venkatesh_thota
    Froyo Feb 11, 2020

Venkatesh_thota , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 11, 2020 :
    oh...even camera is so downgraded....before we could zoom in in front camera ...now we can't [e]1f613[/e]

10. techtrip
    Eclair Feb 11, 2020

Oh really I'm not really a camera guy so doesn't really matter. Although I've noticed the camera on 7 takes over saturated images as compared to the 6T.

11. abhigd
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2020

abhigd , Feb 11, 2020 :
    I'm also facing similar issue with WhatsApp and even on Instagram, pictures clicked through OP are sometimes not supported by this applications

12. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Feb 11, 2020

pablofg1978 , Feb 11, 2020 :
    Hello there, this is a community forum, not support.
    If you want to inform a bug, please use the bug report platform to submit it directly to OnePlus.
    Https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback
    You can also use the official update thread for further discussion
    Thread closed