Marshmallow Dec 25, 2017

MentalDraco , Dec 25, 2017 :
    No

Hydra Bob and Arne Hermansen like this.
  3. Punk_69
    Lollipop Dec 25, 2017

Punk_69 , Dec 25, 2017 :
    nope, not at all.

you'll receive an update when it's ready.
    until then wait patiently.

Hydra Bob and Arne Hermansen like this.
  4. AqeebMohammed
    Honeycomb Dec 25, 2017

Arne Hermansen likes this.
  5. ask77
    Eclair Dec 25, 2017

ask77 , Dec 25, 2017 :
    Oreo Beta for oneplus 5 was released a month ago and now they have oreo stable while oneplus 5t does not even have a beta. This phone should have been launched with Oreo preinstalled in the first place since Oreo itself came out in August . They should have delayed release of the phone if the software was not ready. They are doing things backwards with their latest hardware running on the oldest software . What is the use of buying the latest hardware when the software is going to be old ? They did this with OP5 also when OP3 and 3T got Oreo much before OP5 . I do not understand the logic behind this . The only reason is that they are understaffed in their software development team and are unable to cope up with the hardware release cycle. Hope they avoid doing this with upcoming OP6 and project treble comes included in the software . They are now releasing phones every 4 to 5 months and that is too short an interval in my opinion unless they can match up with the OS part.

6. G_Mark_Lin_nxgM
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2017

G_Mark_Lin_nxgM , Dec 25, 2017 :
    why would it be the other way around? They started work on the 5 first. So this makes sense. What would you say if future OP6 get the update before you?

Arne Hermansen likes this.
  7. Mahammad94
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 25, 2017

Mahammad94 , Dec 25, 2017 :
    Yes, I don't want want what happened to 3T users, kept asking and asking, they recieved it, but it was so buggy.

8. FaleshC
    KitKat Dec 25, 2017

FaleshC , Dec 25, 2017 :
    Maybe they don't use logic there!!
    They don't want to release anything except flagship. They say they are learning from op2 and opx. Which they themselves sabotaged by not providing proper fixes and blamed on device. For example: OP2 lacked NFC who decided it? users? no. it was oneplus and when device somehow started to get criticized they stopped giving fixes and immediately started to get OP3 on market to overcome the failure.
    Current;y the y keep so less gap that the old users get frustrated, many op5 users where dissapointed when op 5T released so soon. Now rumors say March release for 6. I m pretty sure they are going to ditch 3.5mm this time to again piss off other users.

9. AqeebMohammed
    Honeycomb Dec 25, 2017

AqeebMohammed , Dec 25, 2017 :
    Now they realize the meaning of patience

10. Mahammad94
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 25, 2017

11. midas_n
    Donut Dec 25, 2017

midas_n , Dec 25, 2017 :
    pls stop crying. you probably bought a OnePlus phone because they make the best high end phones for the least amount of money. that means that they can't do everything they want to do. they would love to give us the Oreo update the second Google released it, but they just can't.

and the fact that there is a new update available on other phones doesn't make your phone less good. if u didn't know Oreo was there you would be happy with the current version of your software.

I also like the way OP is updating it's phones to oreo. because they start with the oldest phone the people with that phone don't feel like they are less important to OP.

I'm a OnePlus 5T owner and I'm sure OnePlus it trying everything they can to give us the best hardware and software experience they can so I'm happy to wait a couple months for the Oreo update.

12. ɢноѕтΘпе
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 25, 2017

13. FaleshC
    KitKat Dec 25, 2017

FaleshC , Dec 25, 2017 :
    its great you are happy and wish to wait.
    But you cant wish others to feel the same way. Different people different behavior.

14. Ajith__Kumar
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2017

15. doom71
    Gingerbread Dec 25, 2017

doom71 , Dec 25, 2017 :
    When you buy a phone you should take a good look in to everything. That includes how a company goes about things concerning updates and so on. Everyone knows what OnePlus does with software. If you then still buy the 5T then stop wining. Read better!!

Paul_W_, midas_n and SergiuszJasper like this.
  16. Arne Hermansen
    Honeycomb Dec 25, 2017

Arne Hermansen , Dec 25, 2017 :
    When its ready you get it, not before my frend. Soon........

17. Arne Hermansen
    Honeycomb Dec 25, 2017

Arne Hermansen , Dec 25, 2017 :
    Better of waiting for OTA and that is soon, so heng in there.

18. vishnumrao
    Eclair Dec 25, 2017

vishnumrao , Dec 25, 2017 :
    OnePlus should just stick to making great hardware and rely on lineageos or some third party to develop an Android port. Software is by far the weak spot for OnePlus.

19. FaleshC
    KitKat Dec 25, 2017

FaleshC , Dec 25, 2017 :
    wining <>Whining.
    No one is whining. The latest os is what user wants. Let them ask. They are not asking you and you don't have any right to tell them not to ask. Matter clear and over. Whatever company did in past doesnot mean they have to do the same for newer device. Looking what they did to op2 and opx no one should have bought oneplus phones, looking at sh***y touchwiz no one would have bought sammy phones. Looking at how Apple treated users in past no one should buy Apple by your logic. Its not like that is it? So please cut it out.

TheJedeX and Oldx like this.
  20. @seanlogue90
    Cupcake Dec 25, 2017

@seanlogue90 , Dec 25, 2017 :
    Can anyone tell me when the Android Oreo 8.0 software update will be available for the one plus 5t. I heard today that the software was being rolled out to one plus 3, 3t and 5 customers. I don't understand why the software update has not yet been released for the newer 5t model. Could someone help me out here please?