[CLOSED][Mega Thread] OnePlus 5T Oreo update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 27, 2017

Cheetosdust , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Not only that, but the communication within the different teams is just crazy.

Sure we can attribute this to someone pressing the button before the time, but some official accounts published the info saying “now”, there’s nothing on others, and there’s nothing here in the forums.

NDGOFFICIAL, Oldx, m404 and 1 other person like this.
  2. m404
    Eclair Dec 27, 2017

m404 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    pretty much that, yes.
    at this stage, i'm already counting on getting oreo only sometime 1st quarter of 2018 (since we're not even beta testing yet, at least not openly), and i'm ok with that. other than native OMS support, i got no reason to rush into oreo ...

but damn do i have that weird aftertaste in my mouth about this mess of a communication :/

Oldx likes this.
  3. Oldx
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

Oldx , Dec 27, 2017 :
    IMO they have made a mistake publishing the post, maybe it was for tomorrow.. Who knows. I mean, is it hard to update users about how is developing going? I think they could definitely say some days ago that the beta would be released today/tomorrow to stop all the questions and all this savage threads that are going on.

4. iamsachin
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

IT@UA likes this.
  5. Cheetosdust

I understand why OnePlus mentioned “Late December” in their presentation.

Not only it gives us the impression it’s “2017” but also generates some hype and some buzz about it. However, we are 3-4 days until that’s not true anymore, so either we’re really close to the start of the beta or OnePlus decided internally that was best to delay it.

My bet is on the first case - I think it’ll begin in the next hours or days.

But here’s the problem - this lack of information transforms the hype in frustration, it leads to hundreds of threads created by people who are impatient and can’t use the search function.

I can live with all that, but why not post a message saying it’s coming along - or stating it isn’t?

No one wins in this situation, especially the mods. Can you count how many “thread merged” messages you can find in the last pages? It’s just crazy.

Xedios and Alex_Wells like this.
  6. Jonsnow6099
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2017

Jonsnow6099 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Time and again oneplus shows that they are still a small nd inexperienced bunch of people with really poor communication skills...its just that oneplus don't have any competition in the market ryt now with the price at which they provide high end specs...but its just a matter of time untill someone like google start launching their devices at affordable prices like they did with nexus and oneplus will meet a deadly fate

Waka_Yama likes this.
  7. Oldx
    Gingerbread Dec 27, 2017

Oldx , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Well said, but consider that people who are asking for update are not even looking for Open Beta, they are looking for the stable one. Let's just hope for tomorrow.

8. Rizla
    Jelly Bean Dec 27, 2017

Rizla , Dec 27, 2017 :
    The tweet is still up. If it was a mistake surely they would've removed it already.

Xedios and the_reckoner like this.
  9. Cheetosdust

Not only that, but it's published in more than one account - Germany, Netherlands at least.

the_reckoner, Xedios and Rizla like this.
  10. jcespi2005
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2017

jcespi2005 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    open beta is different channel, so you can not update from stock

11. JorgeDiesel
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

JorgeDiesel , Dec 27, 2017 :
    yep already told so :) thx tho

12. EmanueleFulco
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

EmanueleFulco , Dec 27, 2017 :
    It's stupid (I do not want to offend anyone) to talk about the release date of this Beta. It could be very soon until the ending of that day. It could be tomorrow. It could be on Friday. But thanks to tweets we know that it is behind the corner!

13. nunovpc
    Eclair Dec 27, 2017

nunovpc , Dec 27, 2017 :
    "Starts now" usually does not mean that it starts tomorrow or in one week...is the frustration of the expectation created with that post that is making everyone crazy buddy...

MicBlang and IT@UA like this.
  14. Cheetosdust

Those tweets will be true sometime :p

15. PuCiNhOOO
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Dec 27, 2017

PuCiNhOOO , Dec 27, 2017 :
    OP3 Nougat Update was promissed for 2016, and OP released it on 31st of December.
    This is a usual system from them

16. rogers41
    Cupcake Dec 27, 2017

rogers41 , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Perhaps you wanted to say it can't be updated by OTA.
    If you can't update from stock, no one would be able to install the beta.

17. raja.d

raja.d , Dec 27, 2017 :

if Op release OpenBeta then
    it's easy guys.. just download the full beta rom and sideload it........

If release Stable then you get through OTA

18. Deactivated User
    Dec 27, 2017

19. yfan
    Honeycomb Dec 27, 2017

yfan , Dec 27, 2017 :
    Google used to have affordable devices. It was called the Nexus brand. Google went from that to the Pixel line, making their devices more expensive and taking no prisoners. I actually think that was the right decision for them. The truth is that there are really, really good budget phones and mid-price range phones right now, and Google does not need to show how it's done in those segments anymore. They need to be challenging the high end players to keep up with innovation.

JorgeDiesel and ShermCraig like this.
  20. ViW1p

ViW1p , Dec 27, 2017 :
    They kinda have already "launched their own device" on the budget smartphone industry in partnership with Xiaomi - the Mi A1 is very well put for the price :) not comparable to OP, however not everybody needs the greatest and latest device.

Regarding the other comments on "Time and again oneplus shows that they are still a small nd inexperienced bunch of people...." I want just to make the point that you (and I) are using their devices, and still here expecting a software release like it would be gold.... there is the possibility that this not organized communication is in fact a marketing practice to keep the hype.. They are small however we cannot deny the are good on creating hype :)