[CLOSED][Mega Thread] OnePlus 5T Oreo update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voltas
    Donut Dec 28, 2017

voltas , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Why do people have the urge to be updated to Oreo? OxygenOS will look exactly the same, updating to Oreo won't give you more features. If there's something OnePlus can implement they can already do it in Nougat. Most people here and fantastic battery life, smoothness and overall experience, and you'll still get security updates.

I had stock Nougat on my 6P and upgraded to Oreo, didn't feel any improvement in terms of battery life or performance, with no major new features. This has been the case since Marshmallow.

I'm happy how it is now, no complaints.

2. Deactivated User
    Dec 28, 2017

itsmetoddie likes this.
  3. dego007
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

dego007 , Dec 28, 2017 :
    But I don't understand how notification dots are better from notification count in any manner
    Count tells you exactly how many new notifications have arrived as opposed to dot which is vague and just tells that something new has arrived

the_reckoner likes this.
  4. Oldx
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

Oldx , Dec 28, 2017 :
    The important is not to know how many, but IF there are some notifications, the other reason is that for some applications you would get big number as email applications etc.

5. iamsachin
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

iamsachin , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Will you be upgrading to Oreo when it comes?
    And why?

6. itsmetoddie
    Froyo Dec 28, 2017

itsmetoddie , Dec 28, 2017 :
    I'm waiting for these as well :rolleyes: Can't wait to have normal looking emojis lol

7. Deactivated User
    Dec 28, 2017

the_reckoner likes this.
  8. G_Mohammed_Zuhan_iNWh
    Cupcake Dec 28, 2017

9. jlye834
    Eclair Dec 28, 2017

jlye834 , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Dude, it will come when it comes. Do you think you're little thread post is going to make them go faster? They already said it would come around Jan 2018. Also, the 3T has been out much longer so they've had more time for development and testing.

10. Chris.C
    Lollipop Dec 28, 2017

Chris.C , Dec 28, 2017 :
    That's no reason why, just cause your brother's got it.
    OnePlus doesn't do updated just cause you are missing out, they do it when it is ready

You have just been awarded CUPCAKE of the year

Dhruvit Jain likes this.
  11. Catalin_Buzescu
    Jelly Bean Dec 28, 2017

Catalin_Buzescu , Dec 28, 2017 :
    It's got nothing to do... Different phones, different update schedule. Plus, Oreo updates are incremental, which means you will get it later than sooner. Unless you choose to use VPN

12. Cervantes
    Lollipop Moderator Dec 28, 2017

Cervantes , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Thread merged
    read the first post

13. Oldx
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

14. anxnenko
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2017

anxnenko , Dec 28, 2017 :
    Graphically speaking? I'll be happy if with the white stock theme you'll be able to choose "black" accent color...could be an interesting add...

Plus, it'll be a DREAM if we can have as an option a swipe navigation like it's on VIVO X20 or more generally with the same results that you can experience with the app "All In One Gestures": hotspots from the bottom of the display, in the same position where soft keys should be...so a swipe up from center bottom screen will emulate HOME button, while left and right could be exchanged like now the soft keys are, and will emulate RECENTS and BACK.

Should be a DREAM, really...and it will prevent burn-in problems too! ::grimacing:

15. reyscott1968
    Jelly Bean Dec 28, 2017

reyscott1968 , Dec 28, 2017 :
    totally agree with this. most are just hyped because of the new operating system which is for me just somehow not really a drastic OS change, unlike kitkat - lollipop where everything cosmetic did really change. but nougat-oreo ?? not really a much of a change... imho

16. Lucky M. Nelson
    Froyo Dec 28, 2017

Lucky M. Nelson , Dec 28, 2017 :
    I'm just hoping the 8.0 update will help with the annoying problem I have, of accidentally pressing the home button while typing on the keyboard. Doesn't happen at all with my Galaxy S8, a phone with a slightly smaller and skinnier display. I'm sure this is software related.

TheMindy2011 likes this.
  17. Motleyscrew
    Gingerbread Dec 29, 2017

Motleyscrew , Dec 29, 2017 :
    Guys, they JUST released the xxx.5 update YESTERDAY. Hold your horses. You (we) have an awesome phone and upgrading to 8 is not gonna change your life. Or your phone in any Radical way. I had a 3T before my 5T. I got the Oreo update on the 3T before I bought the 5T. It's a nice update but it really is not as big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be. I'm sure it will be released sometime in January. Enjoy your phone now. It is awesome as is, and when ya get Oreo it is not gonna change your life.

bhargab likes this.
  18. the_reckoner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 29, 2017

the_reckoner , Dec 29, 2017 :
    I want Oreo because I want to theme my Android without root

19. U1512470387762
    Cupcake Dec 29, 2017

20. SurajLoharia
    KitKat Dec 29, 2017