[CLOSED][Mega Unified] All about Android P

?

Which dessert best suits the next version of Android P?

1. Peppermint

2. Popsicle

3. Pop-Tarts

4. Pumpkin pie

5. Pancake

6. Pizza because everybody loves Pizza..

7. Parfait

8. Peanut butter

9. P just P

10. Pistachio ice cream

11. Pavlova

12. Pie

13. Carl Pie =P

14. Payasam

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devendra_Prakash_Date_ Donut Dec 9, 2018

2. PokiX Jelly Bean Dec 10, 2018

PokiX, Dec 10, 2018 :
    Do wee still need this huge poll at the start of this page?
    It's useless and most questions are obviously around the availability of Android Pie for our devices.

Regarding this, can oneplus.com make any official comment on their planning for their customers ?

3. U1543739103547 Cupcake Dec 10, 2018

4. G1517740087526 Cupcake Dec 11, 2018

G1517740087526, Dec 11, 2018 :
    it's really disheartening to see OnePlus building McLaren Edition for oneplus 6t and doing nothing in terms of software for the existing customers using 5 n 5t. this really takes down the trust you have in the company and make you feel as if the company is jot Sticking to the promises they make.

pass this message onto Pete and tell him that you are not going in the direction you projected.

if this continues customers won't be buying your phones as you only think about sales of new handsets.

MESSAGE TO PETE

5. danvxz Honeycomb Dec 11, 2018

danvxz, Dec 11, 2018 :
    from FunkWizard@XDA

Official Update from the ROM Team | 11th Dec 2018 | More to Come ...

6. PokiX Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2018

PokiX, Dec 11, 2018 :
    Lost patience so I installed a custom android P rom (Bliss) and everything works very well.

7. Nishu.sanju Cupcake Dec 19, 2018

Nishu.sanju, Dec 19, 2018 :
    r u joining android pie beta ??

8. PokiX Jelly Bean Dec 19, 2018

PokiX, Dec 19, 2018 :
    Sure I am :)

9. Micromize Gingerbread Dec 29, 2018

Micromize, Dec 29, 2018 :
    He guys,

I would like to discuss some features in android Pie. And my criticism on it.

After using Oreo for so long Pie is really different in feeling and UX.

The first point that I noticed is that it feels much slower due to the new animations. Yes they are nice and smooth but not that polished at all. Because of this the experience just feels a little sluggish sometimes. Decreasing the animation speed in dev options helps.

I tried the new gesture based system but it feels worthless to me because it doesn't let you use the whole screen. So I switched back to the OnePlus gesture based navigation that just feel superior cause it uses the whole screen. I don't really feel why Google implemented it this way. The auto rotate option is super cool though and the recent app drawer is easier to access.

But man I hate the new recent app drawer! With OnePlus gesture at least.. It looks okay, like iOS. But vertical scrolling does not feel natural I think. Also I can't press the previous app I have been using? Well it is there in the side of the screen, but so small... Then when I swipe for my previous app I have to wait for the animation to end(this also happens when you swipe home).. What brings me back to my first point. I sometimes swipe to fast and go multiple apps back. You can switch to the previous app with an arc gesture just like iOS. But it just a weird move for the thump. There is also no indication when the recent app drawer is activated.

The new design and quick toggles are looking less professional in my opinion with all the circles going on. I also miss the slick animations when you toggle something on or off.

Settings are drastically improved. Very nice. But lot of times there is so much white space on the left side of the screen where all the icons should be. Wasted space..

Of course I will get used to it and I hope I'll like it someday. But it's a big change and don't really like these changes now.

What do you guys think? What is your experience so far?

10. AVargas28 Eclair Jan 3, 2019

11. Akhshay Srinivasan Marshmallow Jan 3, 2019

12. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Apr 30, 2019