[Closed]MI or 1+1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SASWATS
    Gingerbread Aug 11, 2014

SASWATS , Aug 11, 2014 :
    Whether to fight in flipkart or fight in 1+1 site for an invitation.

Or wait for next Nexus. So is this the new game in mobile world where you create a buzz and people run. Register then try to buy.....take part in contest and then get an invitation to buy....

More to come...

Pranav Phatak likes this.
  2. rohitanand
    KitKat Aug 11, 2014

SASWATS, chosen1 and Pranav Phatak like this.
  3. SmartPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 11, 2014

SmartPhone , Aug 11, 2014 :
    OPO not before Oct better buy Mi3

SASWATS and Pranav Phatak like this.
  4. nithinravi
    Honeycomb Aug 11, 2014

nithinravi , Aug 11, 2014 :
    It's not fair to compare Mi3 with OPO, both are different class apart, but probably Mi4 & OPO may be a fair fight!

SASWATS, AmolKute and Pranav Phatak like this.
  5. Lazywiz
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

Lazywiz , Aug 12, 2014 :
    You dont need to fight anyone for the invitation. Just be active around the forum, begging rarely helps here. Contests are one way to get the invite, but there are a lot of people with an invite who are not holding contests.

I too thought of buying Mi3 on flipkart instead of the One but thought of delaying my plans for a week, I put a few posts on the forum, got replies and replied back. Two days later a guy sent me the invite.

Its easier to get the invite here than to get the Mi3 from flipkart

rkulks likes this.
  6. cuteamit2
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

cuteamit2 , Aug 12, 2014 :
    OnePlus ONE, the phone that brands itself as the 2014 flagship killer has announced the plans to launch the phone in India. No wonder the team at this Chinese startup, that launched just a few months ago, is eyeing to gun down Moto G and recently launched (and tremendously successful) Xiaomi Mi3. If you call yourself a geek, we expect you to know OnePlus One and how the company is disrupting the android phone markets with their no compromise attitude in almost everything - hardware, software and user experience; minus their distribution system! Let's take a quick look at what the company has revealed so far and all the stuff that matters.

OnePlus forum administrator Carl broke out the news that OnePlus is planning to enter India, but did not reveal the exact plan and launch dates. The guess-masters are hell bent on probable September - October launch through exclusive online retailers like Flipkart or Amazon. However, as of now, OnePlus isn't selling their phone directly to everyone, and you must have the invite code to be able to buy the phone. The announcement mentions that India is the 8th most traffic sending country to OnePlus despite not launching the phone in India. The marketing team at OnePlus has primarily focused on North American and European markets so far. They understand that addressing India is a challenge in itself because the pricing of the phone is going to be crucial for the phone to succeed in over-crowded markets. The OnePlus retails for $299 (16GB) / $349 (64GB) in the USA and we'd guess the price of OnePlus One in India to be ~Rs. 18000-22000.

[​IMG]

The phone runs CyanogenMod (which is heavily customised Android) and brings a lot of new features to your device. The hardware comprises of quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB DDR3 on-board memory, 5.5" display, a nice 3100 mAh battery, 6 Lens 13 MPX f/2.0 IMX214 camera and 4G LTE connection module. Basically killer hardware that you can have in your phone for the price point!

Our Thoughts: We are going through very interesting times in the smartphone dominated world. India is one of the biggest markets for feature and smart phones. It's no wonder that OnePlus is eyeing India after the grand success of budget-friendly smartphones like Moto G and Xiaomi Mi3. Each of these models got sold out on Flipkart within minutes of launch; often showing the status of the phones as 'Out Of Stock'. For OnePlus, the key is to figure out the distribution system. If they decide to go by the regular 'invite system', the response is likely to be unpredictable.

We keep our fingers crossed and hope that OnePlus brings the phone to the open markets. The phone itself is spectacular and we have no doubt that it'll give a very tough competition to Moto G and Mi3. The key will be the price point and we believe that for a price point < Rs. 20000, the phone will be one of the best phones your hard earned money will be able to buy in India. What are your thoughts?

Update [30th July, 2014 | 12:03 PM] : Several readers have been asking for the launch date and price. We must make it clear that we're only speculating that the phone will arrive in India around October and there's no concrete information available about it. We also do not know about the delivery model OnePlus will follow. Those who want to buy the phone will have to grab an invite from the official OnePlus forums (and it's very difficult to get one!) and then use a package forwarding service in the US to get your phone delivered in India.

We are in touch with the OnePlus One PR/Marketing team and will update you as soon as we hear from them! Be assured that we're committed to keeping you informed.

7. Lazywiz
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2014

Lazywiz , Aug 12, 2014 :

I seriously doubt that price range as OnePlus is said to be currently being sold on cost or very little margin, that leaves a very small room for prices to be in the 18000-22000 bracket.

8. mbedi6395
    Eclair Aug 12, 2014

9. AmolKute
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

AmolKute , Aug 12, 2014 :
    fight in 1+1 site for an invitation. :)

10. SASWATS
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

SASWATS , Aug 12, 2014 :
    Surely iphone 6 will come in October and i am sure OPO will target india market during Puja & Diwali.......will have a BLAST

11. rkulks
    Froyo Aug 12, 2014

rkulks , Aug 12, 2014 :
    I agree with the statement here. I too joined CLUB INDIA on 5th Aug.then I was active for whole day. I got an invite on 8th Aug.Immediately placed the order. Now the shipment is in PPOBox transit and may be delivered in 4-5 days. I am satisfied with present system and the way it has worked for me.

12. Sushanth
    Gingerbread Aug 12, 2014

13. Soaham
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2015

14. mild7
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2015

OALEXANDER likes this.
  15. envyraw
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2015

16. sthodi
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2015

17. gauravth
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2015

gauravth , Jul 24, 2015 :
    Its 17999 for Mi4 64gb and that too for today only.

18. OALEXANDER
    Nougat Assistant Head Moderator Jul 24, 2015