[Closed] New hotfix a way to get off the open beta? via OnePlus 7T Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dre84
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2021

dre84 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Hi.

I would like to ask if the new hotfix 11.0.0.2 is able to get me off the beta version.
    I can't say that it is issue free so I was looking forward to standard oxygen 11 and see if it is any better.

But still no way to download the 11.0.0.2 if I am right.

I live in germany. Thank you very much

2. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 17, 2021

Aaron2017 , Apr 17, 2021 :
    It's not been released for Europe yet, once it's released you can download and install it manually over beta 4 via local upgrade. Be sure to back up everything first before you do this, because this will wipe all your data.

edit:you can switch to the stable channel now as well, this involves another process, but you'll be on the initial update of OS11, the one before the hotfix

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021

dre84 likes this.
  3. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Apr 17, 2021

J4t1np4r3kh , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Though, of recent I've found the beta stream to be more 'stable' than the Stable stream itself 🤷‍♂️

That's just my opinion though

dre84, Aaron2017 and McJader like this.
  4. McJader
    Lollipop Apr 17, 2021

McJader , Apr 17, 2021 :
    I agree with this opinion.
    Beta has far less issues.

dre84, Aaron2017 and J4t1np4r3kh like this.
  5. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 17, 2021

It makes no sense, but i agree as well.

dre84, J4t1np4r3kh and McJader like this.
  6. dre84
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2021

dre84 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 17, 2021 :
    Oh thx guys very interesting.
    Yeah I've been following this since beta started and it was not a bad experience, but it was also "not better".

I've read about the roll back to 10, to get to 11.

But honestly if I go 10 I might as well stay there.
    Mhhh...

How's that rollback to 10 done correctly?
    Question is the rootng part, do I need software to do this?

I had the rollback file already downloaded but let's put it that way...
    It's not as plug and play as installation of a beta, :D

7. Aaron2017
    KitKat Apr 17, 2021

You don't need root to rollback. I'll link a guide in case you don't want to wait for the hotfix to be released in your area.
    https://www.droidwin.com/rollback-oneplus-7-7t-pro-android-10-oxygenos-10/
    After you follow the steps of the guide, the rollback build you need is in there as well, you'll be on the last open beta based on OOS10. You'll get a system update for beta 4 again, but just ignore that. Then all you have to do is download the OOS11 update and install it via local upgrade and that's it. Waiting for the hotfix is the easier way, no need to rollback then, you can simply download and install that via local upgrade over beta 4.

drmartin and dre84 like this.
  8. dre84
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2021

dre84 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Apr 18, 2021 :
    Thank you very much Aaron.

But I think I decide to simply wait.
    Despite all the warnings about data loss I switched absolutely smooth to the first beta.

And yes, here and there you notice something and you think. Hum... That was strange wasn't it....

But with all information gathered I feel that 11 os simply has some bugs there is no real concern about the beta.

I wait and hope for a smooth upgrade to real 11 when oneplus is ready. Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems the best conclusion for me.
    Maybe even the hotfix 11.0.0.2 is not what I am waiting for.....

I appreciate your fast help. Community wise this oneplus adventure is a true win.

Allow me a few words since this is the official community for that.
    Using oneplus now for bit over a year as my daily.
    The hardware delivered by the 7T pro is outstanding.
    Oxygen os is very beautiful but I have found one app so far to not like oxygen too much. Compatibility is very very important.

But I use gcam successfully, not every Android is happy with the Google cam.
    Vavoo pro works nicely after going back to 60hz.
    I was shocked when vavoo didn't run since I am paying client but it was really as simple as going from 90 to 60hz.
    I found nothing about that in the whole internet, thought it would be worth to put down at least once... Google will find it. :D

I came from a pixel but I have to say the battery capacity of oneplus got me right from the beginning.
    Sure the free storage was awesome and the android experience you get is mind blowing. You never find something not to work on the pixel android.

But this small battery in the pixel 4 was just nothing for outdoor users. You would be stuck to a power bank 10h a day.
    Battery life on oneplus is that good. I use even animated background this days.

But not the always on display option.
    That aod is clearly draining the battery.
    I have it on for a certain time window and the ability to set it up this way is quite nice.
    But no one needs a AOD if it is that battery consuming.
    Little sidekick to always on displays. Again, no one need them if the manufacturer don't forget the status LED.
    I really really miss a status light on the 7t pro. Horizon light is nowhere near useful as notification.

Next year we should be talking oneplus 10 ?
    Hopefully with status lights.

Sorry for this little off topic midway lifetime resume on the 7t pro experience in general.
    But I had to place a rant about that missing status light... :D

Have a nice Sunday guys....
    Andre