[CLOSED] No security update for june and july

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prabhatpa Donut Jul 13, 2018

Prabhatpa, Jul 13, 2018 :
    earlier I was using Nokia 8 and every month I was getting security update. but now I feel I made a mistake by purchasing one plus 6. last security update I received in May only. now it's July. I don't know what type of software support one plus is talking if they are not able to update security patches on time.. Even in honor 8 pro they have provided July security updates.

Naidu_cool, sialokhan and EckoZ04 like this.
  2. ClarkElite Donut Jul 13, 2018

ClarkElite, Jul 13, 2018 :
    Some companies don't need to patch each month.. they only patch if there's been a breach in the software.. sounds to me like Nokia was very prone to attacks.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018

3. Kytharsis Lollipop Jul 13, 2018

Kytharsis, Jul 13, 2018 :
    Nokia is an Android One device so it'll get every update pushed by Google.

Bobbie63, Matt 80 and Android450 like this.
  4. RealUD7 Gingerbread Jul 13, 2018

RealUD7, Jul 13, 2018 :
    @Prabhatpa give it a month or too more. You may have read or heard about OnePlus declaring the device maintenance schedule. Go ahead, search about it on the forum or Google it.

@ClarkElite sir, you need to get your facts straight. Security patch updates are supposed to be pushed out by OEMs every month. OEMs are supposed to follow Google's lead but most OEMs don't. Companies like Essential, Nokia are doing a fantastic job with all their devices. I hope that OnePlus does the same too.

5. Kytharsis Lollipop Jul 13, 2018

Blame Qualcomm.

Matt 80 likes this.
  6. ClarkElite Donut Jul 13, 2018

your wrong! it's just like BlackBerry, they don't have to push out every update, it's only if anything has became infected the security. look it up.. I'm not wrong

7. ClarkElite Donut Jul 13, 2018

And it might just be that BlackBerry dont have to push out montly updates, but like I said not all phones have to, to be secure.

8. Prcko Jelly Bean Jul 13, 2018

Prcko, Jul 13, 2018 :
    security updates will be every two months stop asking this question use search before you open new thread and read this forum.

Mondkalb, AlphaCygni, Matt 80 and 3 others like this.
  9. BiswajitB Gingerbread Jul 13, 2018

ClarkElite and RealUD7 like this.
  10. RealUD7 Gingerbread Jul 13, 2018

RealUD7, Jul 13, 2018 :
    If that's the case, why will Google bother and waste their time preparing monthly updates? The purpose of monthly security updates is to secure devices against all known threats and maybe unknown ones. And that's the way it should be with all OEMs.

11. BiswajitB Gingerbread Jul 13, 2018

BiswajitB, Jul 13, 2018 :

RealUD7

If that's the case, why will Google bother and waste their time preparing monthly updates? The purpose of monthly security updates is to secure devices against all known threats and maybe unknown ones. And that's the way it should be with all OEMs.​

Exactly. This is what I asked one of the fanboys. As I said in my previous post - Blame everyone but not OnePlus. Even god can make mistake but OnePlus - never !!!

12. Kytharsis Lollipop Jul 13, 2018

Nope. Look up CAF. That's where your answer lies.

Intruder71 and Matt 80 like this.
  13. AlphaCygni Gingerbread Jul 13, 2018

AlphaCygni, Jul 13, 2018 :
    That's useless, there are too many enthusiastic n00bz0rs out there that come troll this forum.

Prcko likes this.
  14. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Jul 13, 2018

Gav_W86, Jul 13, 2018 :
    I think you are. It is up to the company to decide when to push out updates. But the one thing you don't do is wait until "anything has became infected" to push out a mitigation for the risk of it becoming infected - that would be just the 2nd dumbest thing on earth.

OnePlus has announced a 2 month update cycle for security updates, so one is due.
    [​IMG]

15. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Jul 13, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Jul 13, 2018 :
    no. you are wrong. the monthly security patches are supposed to be proactive in nature, not reactive.

16. gaster KitKat Moderator Jul 13, 2018

gaster, Jul 13, 2018 :
    Hey friend. As long as the update with a security patch is ready, it will comes out officially as usual. Creating a thread like this, will not help to push a faster delivery of the security patch. No need to do this. Please be patient. If you want to post more about updates or security patches, you better continue here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-5-1-8-ota-for-the-oneplus-6.855164/. I am closing now this one. Thanks!