Guide [CLOSED]Nougat Rom's for OP2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenixnghi
    Froyo Feb 24, 2017

phoenixnghi , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Please help, I cannot join the Telegram group, it said "A user with this username does not exist on Telegram" o_O
    Or someone please add me to the group, my username is @phoenixnghi

2. The Imp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 24, 2017

The Imp , Feb 24, 2017 :
    You have to make telegram account first. Download telegram app or download telegram desktop app then sign up and then join the group.

3. The Imp

The Imp , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Currently the ROM that I am using is AOSIP. Its an awesome ROM with lots of features. It is very smooth and I didn't faced any problem. Battery backup is good so try this ROM if you want to try new ROM.

Flyologist likes this.
  4. beingathar
    Froyo Feb 24, 2017

beingathar , Feb 24, 2017 :
    Hi @The Imp,
    Gratitude for the wonderful GUIDE thread.
    This is exactly what the OP2 community needed, killer name :p

I am currently on OxygenOS 3.5.6.
    Since this is my only device, I would like to try a stable custom ROM with minimal to no bugs with VoLTE (Jio) working.
    I have been following Oneplus community forums and came across issues where in there are frequent network drops and bootloops on certain roms. As this is my daily driver, I don't get much time to experiment with various ROM.
    Please suggest.
    Thanks

5. The Imp

The Imp , Feb 24, 2017 :
    No ROM is buggy. I don't use jio but I heard citrus os doesn't have any network drop. I can suggest you one thing you can take nandroid backup of OOS and try citrus if you feel that citrus os have network drops then you can switch over to OOS by restoring the nandroid backup

6. b u n n y
    Eclair Feb 25, 2017

b u n n y , Feb 25, 2017 :
    i have been lately trying many custom roms , but for the battery life i would like to say the oxygen os 3.5.6 is dam amazing , it has a good battery life than all other custom roms . if you think any other rom for OnePlus 2 has good battery life plz mention the name and link of the rom below in commentz.

custom roms which i have tried :~
    -restriction remix (official)
    -cosmic os (official )
    -lineage os (official)
    -MIUI 8
    -CM13 (official)
    -NX rom
    -H2OS

7. noquarter
    Lollipop Feb 25, 2017

noquarter , Feb 25, 2017 :
    Thread merged.
    Please use this thread to talk about custom Roms for OP2.
    Thanks

KforHorizon and theshinybeast like this.
  8. b u n n y
    Eclair Feb 25, 2017

9. arisma
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2017

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

10. phoenixnghi
    Froyo Feb 25, 2017

phoenixnghi , Feb 25, 2017 :
    I have Telegram desktop and signed in on Telegram web version as well

This is the technical error on web

11. arisma
    Gingerbread Feb 25, 2017

arisma , Feb 25, 2017 :
    Be sure about name of telegram channel,
    Code:
    https://t.me/op2Nougat
    without spaces and probably case sensitive
    I have already done using Android app

phoenixnghi likes this.
  12. beingathar
    Froyo Feb 25, 2017

beingathar , Feb 25, 2017 :
    I backed up everything apart from internal storage via TWRP. flashed Citrus OS. So far good. The persistent HD icon in the notification and lock screen is annoying. There is a log where trying to unlock via fingerprint Reader. It was a clean flash.

Trying cosmic OS. I would like to use OOS camera. Will it work? Also, unable to find a flash able zip or APK of OOS phone dialer. Used to the new dialer from 3.5.6.

13. The Imp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 26, 2017

The Imp , Feb 26, 2017 :
    Cosmic OS is good it removes hd icon. It also gets updates quite frequently the dev of the ROM is the creator of the telegam group. The telegram group has the link for OOS camera. Sorry I don't know about any zip file or apk for oos dialer.

14. locxFIN
    KitKat Feb 26, 2017

locxFIN , Feb 26, 2017 :
    If you already have TG and the link doesn't work for some reason, you can manually search for @op2nougat.

phoenixnghi and The Imp like this.
  15. Eduardo G Dias
    Cupcake Feb 26, 2017

16. The Imp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2017

The Imp , Feb 27, 2017 :
    The new update to cosmic os is amazing. Its battery oriented. And you can also try aosip

17. ShortyEx
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 27, 2017

ShortyEx , Feb 27, 2017 :
    I like to experiment with my phone and have tried flashing some ROM's but can't stop wondering, if someone wants to create a rom with malicious intent, is that developer able to insert exploits that would give him access to personal details on my phone?

18. user 7
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 28, 2017

user 7 , Feb 28, 2017 :
    You don't need a rom to do that. You will just need an app with root access or screen overlay permissions.

19. user 7

user 7 , Feb 28, 2017 :
    @The Imp
    I would like to try aosip and cosmic os. Can you give a small account of the battery life in those 2 roms? Currently on lineage and am getting a normal 4 to 5 hrs sot

20. The Imp

The Imp , Feb 28, 2017 :
    Cosmic recently shifted to battery based kernel its amazing. I got 1 hour sot and nearly lost 10% of battery.
    Note- I didn't do any heavy stuff just telegram, chrome and WhatsApp.

Aosip is good in battery terms too.
    Cosmic gets updated quite frequently but aosip has weekly updates. Both ROM's good for me so can't really differentiate between them.

user 7 and locxFIN like this.