[CLOSED](Official Support Answer) Rooting your Oneplus 8 Series phone DOES NOT VOID IT'S WARRANTY

?

Would you root your device knowing it does not void it's warranty?

1. YES

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Already Rooted My Phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RounakBaral
    Froyo Jul 5, 2020

RounakBaral , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Hi, I am an ex OP3 user who switched to a OP8P recently and I was going through all the forums related to OP 8 Series to find out if rooting this device will void my warranty or not (It didn't void the warranty of OP3 back in 2016 and I was curious if OP has changed their stance related to rooting).But there was no official or forum answer available for this query so I did the next best thing and I asked the official oneplus chat support.The answer was UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER or ROOTING YOUR ONEPLUS 8 SERIES DOES NOT VOID IT'S WARRANTY.

PS: Of course, if something happens to the phone hardware it will not be covered under warranty though.
    PPS: I am from India, It may be different for your country.

Here is a screenshot of the conversation.

1593931225398.jpg

2. mud4ss4r
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

mud4ss4r , Jul 5, 2020 :
    It has always been same with OnePlus. Since OnePlus One. Hence people love them. These guys are as techy as us. Never disappointing when it comes to software ❤️

3. PlusUn
    Froyo Jul 5, 2020

PlusUn , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Truth be told, what's stopping me is not this.
    Rather, I don't want to end up if widevine L3 (Though it can happen just by updating your OP8pro...o_O) and mess up with some things (you can hide root with magisk etc, but sometimes it just won't do)

Back then, I thought it was mandatory to root your phone: to block the ads and add some functions that I found important.
    But nowadays you can accomplish a lot without even rooting your phone, just using adb of finding the right app.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020

Shubham_Ag. likes this.
  4. Shubham_Ag.
    Jelly Bean Jul 5, 2020

the_o2 likes this.
  5. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 5, 2020

Batman360 likes this.
  6. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jul 5, 2020

SoniaB , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Indeed. Thanks for answering.