[Closed] Oneplus 3 Broken SCREEN!!!

1. Loveit
    KitKat Jul 2, 2016

Loveit , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Oh man, people buying not original are going to get doubly hurt .Smashed screen and a shit replacement, which you may well screw up the job doing yourself .

2. Professorchaos1
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2016

Professorchaos1 , Jul 2, 2016 :
    Exactly. Go back to OP. 84 EUR is actually not bad at all. Locally in Canada, I see shops charging roughly the equivalent of 84 EUR for OP2 LCD replacements, so it's a no-brainer to send it back to OP and get it originally done and you get to keep your factory warranty.

I had my 5.5" 1080p LCD replaced on my Moto X Play recently and it was CAD $100 (~70 EUR) and they kind of messed up the screws on the back at a local shop. No matter. I upgraded to OP3 afterwards =)

3. Dietervooryannick
    Froyo Jul 2, 2016

Dietervooryannick , Jul 2, 2016 :
    I spoke to 'King' from the OnePlus chat Support, and it might even be under the 15 day replacement 'warranty'. Not sure though. I'll send it back to OnePlus and in the meanwhile use my freaking slow Moto X Pure again........ THANKS GF!!!

cmitchellshaw, pierrelf and Ceasedd like this.
  4. Professorchaos1
    Honeycomb Jul 2, 2016

Professorchaos1 , Jul 2, 2016 :
    She better be great in the sheets...funny thing is, my ex broke my Moto X Play and well...I upgraded to the OP3 after and haven't looked back =)

I wish you a speedy replacement process ! Cheers

Mr. BG likes this.
  5. techygeek
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 2, 2016

techygeek , Jul 2, 2016 :
    what on earth could that have been dropped on, diamond dust, *sigh* gorilla glass 4

Vilfy likes this.
  6. Shuller
    Jelly Bean Jul 2, 2016

Shuller , Jul 2, 2016 :
    My 2 Years Old OPO looks much better than your 2 weeks OP3 :D :D :D

pierrelf likes this.
  7. G_Adil_Choudhury_LWZB
    Donut Jul 2, 2016

G_Adil_Choudhury_LWZB , Jul 2, 2016 :
    hahahahahahaha always get insurance then you'll never complain

pierrelf likes this.
  8. Ivanpoocky13
    KitKat Jul 2, 2016

pierrelf likes this.
  9. rantek22
    Cupcake Jul 3, 2016

rantek22 , Jul 3, 2016 :
    I received my onplus 3 two days ago. When opening the package I lifted the cover off the box and the phone immediately slipped off the plastic surface and fell to the float and the screen shattered. I contacted support and they said I can send it back to be fixed and I would have to cover the cost. I can't believe one + would design the packaging so hazardously. There isliterally nothing holding the phone in place and it is right on top when opened. So great, thank you one + .. I waited 6 months before finally settling to invest in op3 and more money then I intended to. At least put a WARNING on the box "product may fall out when opened!"

Sighn likes this.
  10. 3rdschulz
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

3rdschulz , Jul 3, 2016 :
    If it's under 15 days of purchase buy the accident insurance

11. Maciej Merkel
    Jul 3, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2016

12. LightningXIII
    Community Veteran Jul 3, 2016

Wahoux likes this.
  13. ayaorei
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

sfomin likes this.
  14. sahirhussain
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2016

sahirhussain , Jul 3, 2016 :
    times are changing! here in india, we get 1 year accidental damage coverage free of cost. i know my post does not help you in any way but i had to mention this.

Mark Gerlow likes this.
  15. ogletreeb
    Eclair Jul 3, 2016

ogletreeb , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Same thing happened to me w/o the GF. I was just being an idiot and dropped it. I ordered the replacement screen from eBay should be here Tuesday. I watched the tear down video and it looks harmless enough. if an OEM screen becomes available in the future I'll grab that. Tough breaks though this phone is very breakable see be careful.

I'll report back once I get the screen and show you guys pictures. Wish me luck. I've done this once before with my note two, was hoping to not have to again but here we are

16. Dietervooryannick
    Froyo Jul 3, 2016

Dietervooryannick , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Currently, the option to purchase the protection plan is only available before finalizing your OnePlus device order.

17. Dietervooryannick
    Froyo Jul 3, 2016

Dietervooryannick , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Feel sorry for you man. Please keep us posted indeed. You bought the 130ish dollar one?

18. ogletreeb
    Eclair Jul 3, 2016

ogletreeb , Jul 3, 2016 :
    yeah. it was 126. if it's a piece I'll send it back but if it's OK we'll give it a go. worst case I have a working screen again and a OEM one becomes available. I will definitely post once I get the screen in my passion.

19. 3rdschulz
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2016

3rdschulz , Jul 3, 2016 :
    You have 15 days after purchase. Search the forum for it, some people have done it

20. robbiegast
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2016

robbiegast , Jul 3, 2016 :
    Or maybe you should've handled it with more care. It is perfectly fit in the box.