Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2016

cezarvrabie , Oct 25, 2016 :
    That's most likely a MacBook.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  3. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 25, 2016

youbi , Oct 25, 2016 :
    Yep, almost for sure. :p

No point on feeding those rumors, if Oneplus didn't want to invest in the Tablet market in 2014 (they said it several times, that everyone was losing money there), they wouldn't want to do it now when the tablets is a dying market. :confused::sweatsmile:

4. stephenboyo
    KitKat Oct 25, 2016

stephenboyo , Oct 25, 2016 :
    No from what I've read it will include the OPX. The OPX is just coming up to a year old so will be supported and should be supported with Android N. From what I've read that will definitely be the case.

5. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2016

cezarvrabie , Oct 25, 2016 :
    Qualcomm stopped officially the support for the Snapdragon 801. While you can still make ROMs for a phone with that SOC, Google will never approve it to have the Google play services installed on it. The only thing that OP can do is make a custom ROM ofr the OPX that users would manually install.

6. stephenboyo
    KitKat Oct 25, 2016

stephenboyo , Oct 25, 2016 :
    Actually I don't think that's the case, if Google play can be installed on it presently then technically it can be installed on a higher version. The other thing is that Oxygen isn't stock Android. It won't be stock Nougat but a modified version developed by OP, so they still should be able to upgrade the OPX to Nougat

7. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2016

8. Mat11
    Honeycomb Oct 25, 2016

Mat11 , Oct 25, 2016 :
    Never certified in Tenaa. Several regular Oneplus 2 variants.
    Prototypes (the black one) leaked a month before release date or so. More of the same prototype photos leaked days before release. The only "real" "leak" of the device was the one by Evan Blass. Which was sent by Oneplus.

9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Oct 25, 2016

dsmonteiro , Oct 25, 2016 :
    Was thinking about the other three devices and forgot about the OP3. You're totally right.

10. g_phenom
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2016

g_phenom , Oct 25, 2016 :
    I actually would be satisfied if the rumor turned out to be just a 128GB version. It doesn't make a lot of sense to limit a multimedia phone to 64GB unless it has expandable memory (which we know Carl and the folks at OnePlus are against). So give me 128GB and the exact same specs and I'm pulling the trigger ASAP.

I actually don't mind my G4 outside of the overheating issues on certain apps, so I'm content to play the waiting game until I can at least get 128GB, whether it's from OP or another manufacturer with a similar quality product.

11. tmaaraba
    Froyo Oct 25, 2016

12. tmaaraba
    Froyo Oct 25, 2016

tmaaraba , Oct 25, 2016 :
    confirmation is days away - where do we pre-order?

13. Mitch_spartan
    Eclair Oct 25, 2016

14. 2pints
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2016

15. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 25, 2016

RobTheCarSpotter , Oct 25, 2016 :
    I have no doubt the same opinion might not be shared amongst everyone here, but i'm in 100% agreement with everything said in that post. This whole situation is has been putting me in a difficult situation for weeks and i wish they'd just say something at this point regarding these rumours. It is obvious from that XDA interview that a new device is in the works but that's about all we know, and the fact it will almost inevitably use the SD821.

I have been stuck with using a 2013 Moto G for the past 3-4 months due to unforeseen circumstances and being a former OPO owner i'd like to puchase the OnePlus 3, but these rumours have put me off for the moment. People can say, 'Oh blah-blah, who cares when it will only be 10% difference in performance with SD821, quit moaning and order the OnePlus 3' but that's not the point, there's obviously going to be other changes in addition to that which we don't know at the moment.

16. shamimasif99
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2016

17. Tininai
    Cupcake Oct 26, 2016

Tininai , Oct 26, 2016 :
    It means Apple disease is spreading. Everybody must follow the "cool kid" mindset.

You don't replace technology because it is old... you replace them when there is BETTER new tech(new doesn't always means better). I don't think at this point wireless headphones are considered better overall, and a big NO for an extra 3.5mm adapter so you can plug in your headphone when it should be there in the first place.

Just like wheels, they are old but you don't get rid of them UNTIL flying cars are here.
    When there are reliable flying car available then you can burn all wheels and no one will care.

shamimasif99 and KyojinKun like this.
  18. Guido4711
    Donut Oct 26, 2016

19. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2016

20. mbrgr13
    Froyo Oct 26, 2016