Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tum4cc
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2016

Archies and RobTheCarSpotter like this.
  2. gcocucci
    Oreo Oct 26, 2016

gcocucci , Oct 26, 2016 :
    In doubt I canceled my order after three weeks of waiting. too much confusion. it makes no sense to buy oneplus3 now

3. F_Claudio_Cancedda_NZZp
    Donut Oct 26, 2016

F_Claudio_Cancedda_NZZp , Oct 26, 2016 :
    i'll recive my op3 tomorrow...probably all this story is just a speculation...there is no sense to upgrade a phone after 4 months, but if you want to lose all your customer it is a great idea...

4. gcocucci
    Oreo Oct 26, 2016

gcocucci , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Carl Pei said on Xda about 3t "maybe" and "we might have something". Could be speculation...I don't believe at this moment

5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Oct 26, 2016

theshinybeast, Roubo and biomulv like this.
  6. Roubo
    Eclair Oct 26, 2016

Roubo , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Please, everybody, cancel your orders now. I am going to order in 4 days and hope that this outrage will help me get my baby sooner ;)

My two cents' worth: I think that a member of the development team can post with any phone specs they like. Hell, I can edit the metadata of a jpeg photo and write "Samsung Note 7 Exploding Kittens Edition" and some people would freak out. It's probably a "T"esting version of the software and we're losing our sleep over it. Combined with the very temporary registration of the A3010 model, it seems implausible that the best phone of 2016 would be trumped while it's still hot from the oven. That'd be very bad for the bottom line.

The only nagging thing is Carl's "Maybe" from the XDA interview. But that may mean anything, from slightly upgraded specs, to a soon-to-be-released and heavily-rumored green-colored version, to nothing at all. Any significant changes to the hardware variety would compound OP's OS development costs.

Honestly, if they had the capacity to produce a whole new line of phones, I see no excuse why they aren't making the gold version right now, which is arguably all the same except for the outer shell.

I'm happy to be wrong if anyone cares to convince me otherwise.

dsmonteiro likes this.
  7. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2016

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016

8. cezarvrabie
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2016

DEXY likes this.
  9. ungeeked
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2016

cezarvrabie likes this.
  10. Archies

Archies , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Lol 17999rs wtf? I am selling my op3 -.-

11. yonahwolf
    Gingerbread Oct 26, 2016

yonahwolf , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Just saw Evan's tweet too. I am getting two 1+3's delivered today after two weeks of waiting. If this is true (and Evan is pretty on the money), I would be quite a bit pissed off.

12. amartens181
    KitKat Oct 26, 2016

13. ilovesoneplus
    Jelly Bean Oct 26, 2016

ilovesoneplus , Oct 26, 2016 :
    This pretty much confirms the 3t is coming,probably December? Trying 2 figure out what his #imet3Thitarhymeacapella means?

14. ungeeked

ungeeked , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Unless it is QHD, I won't be bothered.

But $80 shouldn't be just for 821.

casais23, Guido4711 and DEXY like this.
  15. SimonRam
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2016

SimonRam , Oct 26, 2016 :
    More like who wrote the story of Sagmart

16. RobTheCarSpotter
    Froyo Oct 26, 2016

RobTheCarSpotter , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Hmph. This is kinda bad news for me because the OP3 was already beyond my budget at £329 in the UK, since it went up by £20 due to Brexit. I did some calculations and $80 converts to about £65 so it will probably cost around £400 which i'm afraid is simply too much for me, regardless of what changes have been made. I was under the impression that the OnePlus 3T would be made as a replacement to fade in over the OP3 at a similar price of around £330-£360, but it seems now this might not be the case.

If the price does turn out to be £360+ which seems likely at this point, then i will probably end up ordering the standard OP3 in Soft Gold when it becomes available for immediate shipping, or switching to Xiaomi and the Mi Note 2 assuming i can have one shipped to the UK somehow, and still receive some form of reliable warranty service should something go wrong with it.

I am now wondering, will the price of the OP3 remain the same following the release of OP3T, or perhaps be reduced considering it will be an 'outdated' device? Personally i think the price will remain the same as Carl has made comments before about a price reduction being unfair against their early-adopters, but i'd be interested to hear what other people think about this possibility.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016

17. ungeeked

Maybe they want to increase the $80 now and maybe $120 later when op4 launches. Try to price it among the big boys? Pixel effect?

18. DEXY

DEXY , Oct 26, 2016 :
    Yeah, i want QHD also, + 821 would be perfect.

ungeeked likes this.
  19. ungeeked

Will we be like the op2 guys who visit the op3 CB and update threads asking for updates and get shooed away?

20. sfomin
    Nougat Oct 26, 2016

theshinybeast and ilovesoneplus like this.