Not open for further replies.
  1. Helbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2016

2. noquarter
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2016

3. csarp
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2016

csarp , Nov 9, 2016 :
    About 6 months after first sale, a new phone presentation....
    Never settle... :(

4. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Nov 9, 2016

Scherpenseel , Nov 9, 2016 :
    Stop talking about Taco's! We tried that yesterday and we got deleted!

sfomin and ChinChinati like this.
  5. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Nov 9, 2016

Might need to your check your eyes out, we got 5 of these threads every hour.

ChinChinati likes this.
  6. shamimasif99
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2016

7. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 9, 2016 :
    Maybe if we whisper...........

8. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Nov 9, 2016

sfomin and SimonRam like this.
  9. Intruder71
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2016

Intruder71 , Nov 9, 2016 :
    And still no word from admin . . . . Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. . . Zero communication just hiding in their ivory towers . . .

10. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 9, 2016 :
    It's normal unfortunately, not sure what you were expecting?

ChinChinati likes this.
  11. Scherpenseel
    KitKat Nov 9, 2016

If the upgrade would only contain CPU upgrade, maybe a camera upgrade and maybe a ROM/RAM upgrade. I would assume software can stay the same removing any issues around updates for the OP3.

12. Rishab chittlangia
    Donut Nov 9, 2016

13. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 9, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 9, 2016 :
    What's true?

14. Deactivated User
    Nov 9, 2016

15. dedi820
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2016

dedi820 , Nov 9, 2016 :
    I also believe in the phablet theory... It would make sense since OP initially claimed they didn't have any plan on a new phone, but following the Note 7 disaster, it's a big market opening for them, with not much competition.

Anyway, I don't care. Bought the OP3 on launch day and it's been a great phone ever since. I thought I'd like a phablet, but when I got the OP3 (first real smartphone for me), it was big enough already. Bigger would make it to hard to use with one hand. SD821 is just hype, not worth unless you don't own SD820 yet (especially if screen is QHD, then the difference will only compensate the resolution). The only thing that would make feel bad would be an SD card reader (but I don't think that's gonna happen, OP claimed it's a nightmare for devs, and their devs already have enough on their plate right now), a bigger storage, or a significantly bigger battery (I mean SOT, because if the screen is bigger, the battery will be bigger only to support more power draw). Plus, if I'm correct, the price will also be bigger and 400€ was enough for me.

All things considered, it's not such a big news, and not much of a treason from OP. At least I hope, but until official announcement : Wait & See...

16. 3djc
    Donut Nov 9, 2016

3djc , Nov 9, 2016 :
    For those with the tablet theory, it does not hold. The updated teaser does make reference to current OP3 processor. If they introduced a tablet, they would have taken as a reference tablet procesors (apple, exynos, qualc,..).

By referering to only one processor, which happens to be the one of the current phone, they are saying a lot

17. Santosh Siva
    Donut Nov 9, 2016

18. Kyojinn
    Froyo Nov 9, 2016

Kyojinn , Nov 9, 2016 :
    To the folks believing (or wishfully thinking) that it is a tablet, do you really think OnePlus would release a ~$479 tablet? It's more expensive than the 32GB iPad Air 2/iPad Mini 4, and for $20 more you get a 128GB iPad Air 2/iPad Mini 4. It's also $80 more than base prices for the Nexus 10 and Nexus 9 in their time, which people found overpriced for Android tablets.

ilovesoneplus and ChinChinati like this.
  19. Custnam
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2016

Custnam , Nov 9, 2016 :
    Just want to add my 2 cents to those that are pissed that there might be a better phone coming soon. And want to return their devices, or have sworn off OP altogether. I look at it this way. Even if you did just buy one (which I did) its still an amazing device. Coming from years of Samsung phones, and even trying out the Pixel I still have completely fallen in love with my OP3, and consequentially with Oneplus as well. And Im looking forward to whatever is next if they stick with what has worked so well with their previous devices. The device is RIDICULOUSLY fast, gets amazing battery life, and to me is easily one of the coolest looking devices out, and for sure the best at $400. So why be mad if a new device comes? Does that make your OP3 suck just because there is an updated version with slightly better specs? No it doesnt. Your phone is still awesome. Be happy with it. I know I am, so much so that I have the Graphite one now, and just bought a Gold one of Ebay as well. Anyway just wanted to rant a little.

ghostofcain and ChinChinati like this.
  20. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 9, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 9, 2016 :
    Happy to hear it, you should quit while you're ahead - by this point I feel like it's roughly the same as punching yourself in the dick.