7.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Nov 11, 2016

2. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Nov 11, 2016

Topper_Gas , Nov 11, 2016 :
    Good news but not sure where they get the "smart move" about merging OS from as I thought the rumours were the original OxygenOS team simply jumped ship?

3. papapa
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2016

4. betuuul97
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2016

5. SirBacke
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2016

SirBacke , Nov 11, 2016 :
    1. In my opinion it does not at all make sense to launch a 7" tablet when they sell a 5.5" phone. That would be even stupid.

2. In my opinion it does not make sense to launch an improved version of OP3 only few months after introduction of OP3. That would be even stupid.

3. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to launch a new version of OP3 short after the introduction of OP3 current version. That would be even stupid.

The only two logical reasons for a new OP product are:

A) Due to the shortage in Amoled displays supply, OP had to replace the display by an IPS display for example, in order to get production running again. So it might also make sense to replace a processor by a slightly better one at the same time. Idiots that claim they would send back their OP3 they just bought a few days or weeks ago because there is a faster one available now should be ignored. They would not even realise a difference between 820 and 821.

B) A tablet. But then a real tablet, not a 7".

6. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2016

7. Jack-O10
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2016

Jack-O10 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    Maybe they want to put the OP3 next to the Pixel at a lower pricepoint with the SD821, bigger battery and camera. But then they should still come with an AMOLED display that maybe is 1440p.

If this is the case, I'l send back my just arrived OP3.

xavier herve likes this.
  8. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2016

runboy93 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    Most likely will be same as OP3, 1080p. Well we see it very soon.

I sell my OP3 for my friend and get some cash back and buy OP3T (depending on specs)

9. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 11, 2016

nyzproof333 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    What logic? You are in the minority of having the manufacturer you're buying your devices from releasing a new "flagship" every couple months.

sfomin likes this.
  10. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 11, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 11, 2016 :
    It's obviously a TV. "Will it be 4k"? The masses cried.

xavier herve likes this.
  11. runboy93
    Jelly Bean Nov 11, 2016

xavier herve likes this.
  12. betuuul97
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2016

betuuul97 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    There are a lot of things that can be improved beside the screen that you mentioned in (A). Things as, expandable storage, improved camera sensors (for better pictures in bad lightning), better battery (I am aware of the fact that dash charging is like magic) and removing the camera bump.

I myself bought the OP1 when it first got released and I've used it since then. Such a great phone and I still love it! Though the screen shattered and went totally off I am still doing my best to try to get a hold of a new screen so I at least can have access to my files. At the same time I feel like I deserve a new phone now and the OP3 is my main choice right now with no other phone on the list. So actually I really don't have any reasonable thoughts of why they would release a tablet other than the one I said earlier. I just think that it would be great to se OP compete in a larger field now that it has it own gadgets. As I am writing this I remember the fact that they "released" a messenger bag and a backpack a while ago. What if those gadgets will be to store the new tablet. Or a new PC?! The thoughts keep running....
    (Sorry for my bad english btw, i'ts not my first language.)

13. slim420
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2016

slim420 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    I hope its a tablet..

They should make their line as well to comoete with ipad and galaxy tabs

CasperTFG likes this.
  14. jak
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2016

jak , Nov 11, 2016 :
    It's a Carl bobblehead that also happens to be an Android TV device...

Roubo and obakesan like this.
  15. SirBacke
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2016

That would be a new developed phone, and I don't think that OP can realize this in such a short time. No one can. Except it would be prepared a long time ago. What I don't think.

16. SirBacke
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2016

addendum to my previous post:

Even a surprisingly launch of a tablet would be idiotic, because a manufacturer normally looks für rumor to block potential buyers and let them wait for their device. Actually I bought yesterday a Samsung S2 9.7 Tab. If OP would have rumored to launch a tablet, then I certainly would have been waiting. But they didn't. So I think there will also be no tablet.

17. sachiin2257
    Eclair Nov 11, 2016

18. Atantyo
    Gingerbread Nov 11, 2016

Atantyo , Nov 11, 2016 :
    But the Note 7 not as fast as Oneplus 3, in every way

stephenboyo likes this.
  19. Mat11
    Honeycomb Nov 11, 2016

Mat11 , Nov 11, 2016 :
    Tablet market is 2 years away from disappearing. They are not releasing a tablet.

20. G_Yalala_Santosh_tMcs
    Cupcake Nov 11, 2016