[CLOSED ]OnePlus 5T/ 6 discussions/ Specifications/ renders/ rumours/ speculations

?

What is your interest in the next Oneplus camera phone?

1. Not at all

85 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. I'm in as always

88 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. It's complicated

68 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. Shut up and take my money

61 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. I'll wait for the reviews

113 vote(s)
    27.6%
  6. Jelly Jelly

34 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. TouchWiz FTW :P

12 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Who needs an invite?

20 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephenboyo
    KitKat Sep 4, 2017

stephenboyo , Sep 4, 2017 :
    That's not the case I'm afriaid. OP's release pattern was once a year until it decided to do the the 5 month upgrade to the 3 with the 3T last year. The 3 was immediately discontinued and the 3T carried on the rest of the product life cycle for that phone. The OP5 is therefore not a continuation of the 3/3T but a new flagship with a different design and processor and product cycle. The usual OP pattern was to let the product run its one year course but the big question is whether OP will do the same with 5 and drop it prematurely for a 5T equivalent. People just feel cheated because releasing a better upgrade within 5 months and witholding that information beforehand means they are unable to judge whether or not to wait for the better upgrade.

2. ramachinnam
    Froyo Sep 4, 2017

ramachinnam , Sep 4, 2017 :
    OnePlus 6 is the upcoming flagship phone OnePlus Mobiles. As per the latest speculations, the following are the features:
    • 8GB of RAM
    • 256Gb Internal Storage
    • 5.5 Inch QHD Edge to Edge AMOLED Display
    • 25MP Dual Camera with Dual Flash
    • 16MP front facing camera with retina scanner
    • Android Oreo
    • IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
    Eagerly waiting to buy Oneplus 6 and explore it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017

3. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 4, 2017

elanglois , Sep 4, 2017 :
    It made no sense to continue the 3 when the 3T was released. Just like the 3T was discontinued right before the 5 was released, so you make no point there. You can't say that the 5 isn't an updated 3T since the primary image sensor is just the new model of the one in the 3T with almost no changes, the screen is the exact same model, and the front has almost no differences whatsoever. The back is mainly different due to the camera.

It did NOT have a one a year pattern. The OnePlus One was once a year, but a single phone is hardly a "pattern". With the OnePlus 2 they then released another phone 6 months later, like they did with the 3 and 3T, but the OnePlus X was a lower-end phone.

So we have a once a year for 2014.
    A flagship followed by a low-end model for 2015 (with simultaneous sales).
    A flagship followed by an updated model for 2016.

Now in 2017, there is a pattern of having a new model for November, right before Xmas, but there is no "pattern" of what that will be. Will it be an update or a low end?

4. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 4, 2017

Thats just a wet dream

5. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Sep 4, 2017

camohan , Sep 4, 2017 :
    A secret thread is already created. Shhh don't tell Anyone.. Lol

Tobikage likes this.
  6. ramachinnam
    Froyo Sep 4, 2017

7. camohan

camohan , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Edited your click bait article link. And pls don't spam the link across forum.

8. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 4, 2017

And car head unit?

Tobikage likes this.
  9. Tobikage
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Sep 4, 2017

Tobikage , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Their own ? When they can't even get their phone to play nicely with other standard Android Auto head units ? :p

Oh...or maybe that's the whole idea behind not fixing the buggy connectivity :eek:

10. Tobikage

Tobikage , Sep 4, 2017 :
    And the OnePlus laptop ? When will that be available ?

11. stephenboyo
    KitKat Sep 4, 2017

stephenboyo , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Well most people will disagree about the 5 being a continuation of the 3T cos it wasn't marketed as such and is OPs 2017 flagship. You are right that it makes no sense continuing the OP3 when there was an updated version in the 3T. I wasn't arguing for a continuation. The main concern customers have is my end point, and that is OP springing an updated version of the phone where significant errors in the main flagship are corrected and some improvements made. If OP now has a policy of producing beta phones in June and releasing the actual finished product in November then it would be helpful for them to clarify this as a future product development and release strategy so that people can wait till November to upgrade but from a business standpoint i suspect they won't because that will deny them all the unsuspecting new customers that will flock to its beta product in June.

12. camohan

camohan , Sep 4, 2017 :
    I am not talking to you..:oops:

Tobikage likes this.
  13. G_K_J_aHOw
    Donut Sep 4, 2017

G_K_J_aHOw , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Never Buying One Plus Again, Seriously had the worst Experience ever they dont even respond.

14. elanglois
    Lollipop Sep 4, 2017

Why do people insist that it's a beta? The Snapdragon 821 wasn't available when the OP3 was released. Prices change, technology changes, there are lots of reasons why an updated phone is an update. The iPhone 7 isn't a Beta release just because it's not a 7S. And there is no proof that the November release will be a 5T (although it's likely that it will be a 5T with a SD 836 and Oreo since these are the hot products).

As for the "wait until November", in November you can wait until 2018 and get the 6, and in 2018 you can wait and get the 6T. There will be always be a better phone just around the corner. Thats the way the industry is. I blame OnePlus for a lot of things, but not for a 6 month release cycle.

If you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest at all times and be happy with your purchase just because its not "the best" anymore, then you have more money than brains. Good luck.

15. Brandon LI
    Froyo Sep 4, 2017

Brandon LI , Sep 4, 2017 :
    I hope the retail price of the next year's flagship will be reduced, it's becoming too high.

16. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member Sep 4, 2017

dsmonteiro , Sep 4, 2017 :
    Ok.

17. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2017

18. Tobikage

19. GuitarBart
    Jelly Bean Sep 4, 2017

GuitarBart , Sep 4, 2017 :
    It is pretty pricey compared to previous models, but not for the specs it offers

20. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Sep 4, 2017