[CLOSED ]OnePlus 5T/ 6 discussions/ Specifications/ renders/ rumours/ speculations

?

What is your interest in the next Oneplus camera phone?

1. Not at all

85 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. I'm in as always

88 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. It's complicated

68 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. Shut up and take my money

61 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. I'll wait for the reviews

113 vote(s)
    27.6%
  6. Jelly Jelly

34 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. TouchWiz FTW :P

12 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Who needs an invite?

20 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Oct 30, 2017

sfomin and nobelium76 like this.
  2. Saurav Pillai
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

Saurav Pillai , Oct 30, 2017 :
    I'll take it !!

Deactivated User likes this.
  3. mr-b
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

mr-b , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Launching a slightly updated version of a phone that was released only 4 months ago does feel like a slap in the face to those buyers of the OP5. It seems like "we released the OP5 a bit too soon, it wasn't quite finished but the market was clamouring for it so we put it out there. All our customers (beta testers) have given us great feedback which we have implemented in the new phone and we will be working to iron out any issues on the existing OP5 (but only if we have any resources left while we iron out the issues on the OP5T)"

Feels a bit of a botch job on the OP5 which is now being rectified with a new model rather than working tirelessly to make the OP5 the phone they promised before it's launch.

4. Saurav Pillai
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

Saurav Pillai , Oct 30, 2017 :
    but company also has to compete against rest of the brand's to , and without having a product on par with expectations
    how will it compete ?. besides launch of OP5t won't mean OP5 will be ignored . 3 and 3T both got beta update and OTA simultaneously . I don't see how launch bid 5t will effect a 5 user

5. G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

6. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

Luis Sismeiro , Oct 30, 2017 :
    You think that OnePlus will launch a new smartphone model because of that? Nor will OnePlus do that nor any any brand out there. There's a better justification to launch a new smartphone with the name 5T. Everybody is talking about it so let's make it and sell it to the eager buyers.

7. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Oct 30, 2017

Dunnow , Oct 30, 2017 :
    actually, everyone expected those phones.

sfomin and G_plusone like this.
  8. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

Where is the writeen rule about the time a smartphone is considered a flagship? The flagship is the one that sells well and keeps money pouring in.

And for companies loyalty is a good thing but isn't the thing that makes money, new customers are what makes money. If 1000 go away because are not happy with the OnePlus, 10000 new ones will buy from OnePlus. That's how profitable companies work.

Do I think it's a good thing? Not always but many times the alternative for companies that rely only on customer loyalty is to close the doors when they don't make money money.

9. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

LoL

10. DJSubterrain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2017

DJSubterrain , Oct 30, 2017 :
    The back of the phone is the most sensible place to have an FP sensor, you hold the phone with one hand, move your index finger slightly over and boom you're in. Leaves more space on the front for screen and other sensors.

11. G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

G_Alexandre_Thay_oNBn , Oct 30, 2017 :
    but if you buy the T version, you know that 6 months later a real upgrade will come out. Moral of the story ?

12. Radeon962
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

Radeon962 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Gained a lot more credence this morning when @evleaks (Evan Blass) tweeted a picture of the top half.

IMG_4803 (Large).PNG

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. Luis Sismeiro
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

The moral of the story is that people are always unhappy with what they have and always want the next big thing even if they don't know what it is.

This way they never enjoy what they have like the wonderful OnePlus 5 which no matter what some say, is one of the best 2017 Android smartphones.

Or people grow up and stop winning about the companies launching new products or we will always have people complaining in the forum for some reason.

14. f1982
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2017

f1982 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    It's gaining more screen space for the size of the handset. But it's losing one of the absolute best things about phones today - the capacitive and front mounted home/fingerprint buttons. It's the absolute best, quickest and most convenient input system ever made for a phone - on screen buttons and a rear mounted fingerprint reader are work-arounds just to make smaller chins easier. I wish they would just make a thin chin, but with really thin front mounted buttons.
    So i'm more than happy sticking with my OP5 until next summer. At which point if there is a high end device which retains the front buttons but is 'bezel-less' on 3 sides, i'll get that one. If not, i'll have to go with whatever is the 'best' for me at that time, could well be the OP6.

Topper_Gas likes this.
  15. harry_db
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

harry_db , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Well that's my opinion, to be honest there is no specific rule that mentions about the time a smartphone is considered as a flagship, but from the customer point, when I buy a flagship phone from a specific brand, I don't expect the life span is that short, but anyway, that's my opinion :) cheers ;)

16. pojr
    Jelly Bean Oct 30, 2017

pojr , Oct 30, 2017 :
    You're right about that, considering the last phone was a real bomb

harry_db likes this.
  17. G_Chrys_“Twiliz”_Lim
    Froyo Oct 30, 2017

G_Chrys_“Twiliz”_Lim , Oct 30, 2017 :
    you're saying that oneplus has to be a perfect company

look at my example about apple im not trying to dish out apple but rather making an example that even a giant company can make mistakes

look at google pixel 2 xl and people criticize the screen of a 850 dollar product

a 850 dollar product making a mistake o boy (but people are defending it and imo about the situation it makes sense but there are some problem that do need to take action from google)

there was even samsung news (around earlier this year iirc) about samsung working together with the president in korea (i dont remember the full story, to avoid tax?) but in the end look at the end product samsung, apple and google made, people love the end product

oneplus 5 unfinished product: i agree and disagree, camera was unfinished on release, op knows this and 100% got hit by shit reviews saying camera was good but dissapointing, then 4.5.10 in my personal opinion i love it the eis works wonders honestly, major cropping but i dont use my phone to shoot video to make a film so its fine, saw comparison people saying it does better than the 2016 pixel in terms of the eis iirc i think the pixel has focus hunting issue so its prob why

but seriously camera hardware and software what other phone beats the op5 currently (in this year dont give me that shit about this old flagship phone cost this now we are talking about current phones)

at this point i forgot what i wanted to say, theres another thing i want to say but i forgot shit

18. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    I think the only problem I can see is when it comes to returns and warranty if your device is defective are they even producing parts for it anymore? What can or can't they fix? Will they even fix it?

Also I cannot see OnePlus keeping much replacement stock of he OP5 around as this will just be losing them money.

Will be interesting to see how the next few months pan out.

19. G_Chrys_“Twiliz”_Lim
    Froyo Oct 30, 2017

G_Chrys_“Twiliz”_Lim , Oct 30, 2017 :
    oh yeah camera, false advertising?

like that's new

apple launches a new chip (GUYS ITS 2X FASTER CHIP, GPU 2X FASTER 1000 TERAFLOP o wait thats console DXO MARK SO ******* HIGH OMG PIXEL wait im going off brand here)

then benchmark and real life usage = meh feels faster (which is a good thing but wheres the 2x?)

my point is marketing bullshit happens to every company to grab dumb people if you're smart then good you should know where you get into (i bought my op5 not expecting to replace my dslr at all imagine i sell my dslr and buy the op5 lol like people would do that {shit maybe there are} only dumb people who does that {not all people are perfect ****})

speaking of marketing lets talk about op5 is a small company! i completely agree it's bull marketing they have done, my mind blew when i knew about op5 is actually part of oppo considering i live in a country knowing how ******* big oppo is, but you know what? here i am defending op (kinda) cause i do like the product i love my op5

and for the people who change their mind cause of that news saying op is a BIG company wtf, no op5 is PART of oppo they are still working in small numbers, thats like saying i can get a cheaper spare part/service at dell while you have an alienware THEY WORK DIFFERENTLY STILL op doesn't have oppo's power but they can borrow machines and designs from oppo without them sueing it's like me borrowing my parents car without them hitting calling me a thief........ (bad analogy got it)

Ravi Soni vns likes this.
  20. Romain_Daudin
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

Romain_Daudin , Oct 30, 2017 :
    I would appreciate that you do not disguise my words.

I have never said that OnePlus has to be a perfect company. Especially since I don't care about it. I have dealt with facts that I think have an impact on the perceptions of users, buyers, and feed their feeling of being cheated or disappointed. This feeling was the center of gravity of my purpose.

I'm glad that you share your opinion, bro, but please, if you're not sure you understand the substance of my remarks, ask me instead of indulging in scabrous interpretations.