[CLOSED ]OnePlus 5T/ 6 discussions/ Specifications/ renders/ rumours/ speculations

?

What is your interest in the next Oneplus camera phone?

1. Not at all

85 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. I'm in as always

88 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. It's complicated

68 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. Shut up and take my money

61 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. I'll wait for the reviews

113 vote(s)
    27.6%
  6. Jelly Jelly

34 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. TouchWiz FTW :P

12 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Who needs an invite?

20 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NovinDavis
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

NovinDavis , Oct 30, 2017 :
    i feel cheated ... if u ask why then its simple

First because if a new phone comes out for 550$ then there is no point of me to have put 539$ for OP5 8gb varient. as 5T will have a better display maybe even HDR support ... even a better camera. Which i feel is necessary. This is not new Technology ..its just that One plus did not put it in OP5

Secondly because lets asume in past 4 months 50000 people bought OP5 In the comming 7 months more than 100000 will buy the new 5 T phone no one will remember OP5 more people means more developer support Unlike Oneplus 3 which was instant hit because it came in a affordable price range only issue was the srgb color calibration ... In OP5 we have many problems Starting from jelly effect ... ( cmon we all know its there our eyes just ignore it now because we are helpless ) then poor camera ( i know u guys will say I don't know to click photos but i have no time to go through complex procedures to handel a smartphone camera I saw the crowd for people showing how to click better pictures in Oneplus Booth event organized in Mumbai.. i just wanted a simple quality camera if u are confident that OP5 camera is good then 5T should not have a camera upgrade in the first place. ) Over all i feel 5T = Correcting your Mistakes .
    No small company will launch a product in every 4 months because launching a product is not easy. Because again u have to put money to advertise the newly launched 5T
    those who are not aware When oneplus 5 launched one contest winners was awarded 1crore rupees. Everyone famous indian YouTuber entertainment / Tech was given a unit.

I do love my OP5 but if i had a option to get OP5T better upgrade for 90$ more i don't mind buying 5T But what Oneplus is trying to do is Completely stop OP5 and launch a better product after 4 months for 50 to 100$ more which is unacceptable because u can't just build a new phone in 2 months it is all planned well in advance Keeping us in the dark will only cost you upsetting more fans

2. Ravi Soni 1993
    Froyo Oct 30, 2017

Ravi Soni 1993 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    f*** everything I love my op5 and it's best at every level don't blame one plus everyone has right to earn money...

3. Navdeep_Malik
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus TV U1S Oct 30, 2017

Navdeep_Malik , Oct 30, 2017 :
    are u so tangled up? I share somewhat same feeling over camera but still it is good and fingers crossed we may get an update for such camera issues.
    Why are you cheated if oneplus launches ANOTHER device. For most part is it same, one will get same firepower in 5t as well. It is jus some mere screen ,battery and camera modification and so the price will be higher and it is also 4 months late!! Nothing new chill. It is same your op5 with lil modification. Even screen isn't fully bezelless!!

4. mr-b
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

mr-b , Oct 30, 2017 :
    This is the reason why people are moaning about feeling cheated, you can't launch a big new model in 4 months, they must have been working on it from the beginning of OP5 development knowing that other brands were going to come out with bezel-less designs as the OP5 was being released but they still put out the OP5 rather than just concentrate on the 5T and condition market expectations for a later September/October/November release.

If they can put out a new model in 4 months they are either a brilliant company or there is another botch job coming.

mcmpick likes this.
  5. Navdeep_Malik

Navdeep_Malik , Oct 30, 2017 :
    What is big and new about 5t!! It isn't even bezelless!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017

6. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

mtbgus , Oct 30, 2017 :
    biggest bugbear for a lot of OP5 buyers is the FACT that Oneplus said publicly that the 3T was a one off release and it would not happen again!

This and the fuss (outright lies) about the "amazing camera" led me to upgrade from a OP3 to a OP5, if I had known there would be a OP5T I wouldn't have bought the OP5, I would have waited for the 5T and also looked at the opposition, which now knowing what I know would have led me to buy the LG V30.

When it comes to the time for me to upgrade from the OP5, I will not be buying another Oneplus phone, no matter how nice or good it appears to be. Oneplus have proven themselves to be liars over and over again.

NovinDavis and Romain_Daudin like this.
  7. Romain_Daudin
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

Romain_Daudin , Oct 30, 2017 :
    You're right. I heard and read the same.

I have a question for you : finally, would that be a problem if you had the feeling of having an accomplished device with your OP5 ?

8. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 30, 2017

G_plusone , Oct 30, 2017 :
    You love your 5.
    OnePlus did not and doesn't deserve to continue making phones with all the things they did

9. Navdeep_Malik

10. mtbgus
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

mtbgus , Oct 30, 2017 :
    I would feel happier about the 5T if the 5 had not had the certain faults like with the upside down screen blunder, the awful low light photos of the camera which make cropping unrealistic. I got better photos from the OP3 to be honest in low light

Romain_Daudin likes this.
  11. le0nx1
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

12. Triple999
    Froyo Oct 30, 2017

Triple999 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Proper brain damage on the face

13. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    My thoughts exactly, the OP5 was a stop gap just to get a few sales in before they release their next phone and more than likely they will do the same for the 6 and even if they don't who will buy the 6 with the possibility in 3 to 4 months it will be replaced with a better version.

14. F_Kenneth_Xu_HZyW
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2017

15. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 30, 2017

pa5t1s , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Indeed: this is the kind of 'leaks' I like ;)

Radeon962 likes this.
  16. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

17. daleski75
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

daleski75 , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Also f the SD845 does indeed come out in December how quickly will the 6 come out to replace the 5T?

18. Antgl
    Honeycomb Oct 30, 2017

Antgl , Oct 30, 2017 :
    It will be still around june because samsung will buy all SD845 first so every other company has to wait.

Radeon962 likes this.
  19. bigalcy
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2017

bigalcy , Oct 30, 2017 :
    To be honest I don't see why people are getting so upset. If you want the latest phone buy it. If you want the t upgraded version wait for it. Do you expect the company to wait until you are ready for the new version. Grow up already.

juhor likes this.
  20. NovinDavis
    KitKat Oct 30, 2017

NovinDavis , Oct 30, 2017 :
    Can't u read the above long post and understand the reason why they are upset ? Everything is mentioned including the price point and also Oneplus admitted 3T was a one time thing.