[CLOSED ]OnePlus 5T/ 6 discussions/ Specifications/ renders/ rumours/ speculations

?

What is your interest in the next Oneplus camera phone?

1. Not at all

85 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. I'm in as always

88 vote(s)
    21.5%
  3. It's complicated

68 vote(s)
    16.6%
  4. Shut up and take my money

61 vote(s)
    14.9%
  5. I'll wait for the reviews

113 vote(s)
    27.6%
  6. Jelly Jelly

34 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. TouchWiz FTW :P

12 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Who needs an invite?

20 vote(s)
    4.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G_anand_prasad_NxGy
    Froyo Oct 11, 2017

G_anand_prasad_NxGy , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Thank you [e]1f603[/e]

eye842 likes this.
  2. internity
    Froyo Oct 11, 2017

internity , Oct 11, 2017 :
    the 5t is probably a fake news and there's why:
    1 - it's not likely that op drops a new phone with the same SoC as the 836 won't happens anytime soon.
    2 - the snapdragon 845 will start showing somewhere around mid 2018.
    3 - putting an old SoC in a new phone with higher res and more features may cause performance degradation and remember that op aims at providing the fastest user experience more than a fancy cute phone to barg about( and that's why i love op)
    4 - op clearly stated that it's not possible for to put new device every now and then the only exception is with the 3t and well even updates for 3 and 3t are the same. the upgrade was just marginal

Deactivated User likes this.
  3. G_Giuseppe_Giuseppe_uMbR
    Cupcake Oct 11, 2017

G_Giuseppe_Giuseppe_uMbR , Oct 11, 2017 :
    this is chicken talks.....
    OP is a very young Technology company successfully fighting the big companies delivering an exceptional product at a reasonable price. Most importantly they are serious about it.
    In order to keep growing and deliver the experience every consumer is looking for they need to continue to find new solutions, be on the forefront of technology and communicate with consumers.
    All of the above cost money and efforts and if they need to come out with a new unit every 3 months in order to increase their sales volume and their customer base exponentially then why any one would be so upset about it?
    For old customers would be their extra choice to change for the latest. For new customers would be enticing but, the most important thing is that OP keeps growing and delivering wonderful products at a reasonable price.
    all the rest is chicken talk
    :)

4. RSPBLR
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2017

RSPBLR , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Op is backed by bkk. All these talk abt money not available, not having access to latest tech etc are just excuses.
    I'm drunk.

5. mr-b
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2017

mr-b , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Even if there is a 5T it will be over-hyped and plagued with problems same as every new phone released. Stick with the 5 you have now with it's failings or get the 5T with a different set of failings.

6. tmclaughlin001
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2017

tmclaughlin001 , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Well...I've been saying all along that if a T version of the 5 was released, there really wouldn't be much of a bump in performance and based on the report from Android Authority, there really isn't likely going to be anything other than a larger display area. It won't be any faster and it won't be offered with additional storage. All of the reports I've read say that GizmoChina often leaks factually incorrect stories about new releases but hey, anything is possible I suppose. I still maintain that if the company is gonna release a new handset that looks like the Oppo F5, this fiscal year, then they better hope there's a decent revenue bump to be realized, otherwise making it a 2018 event makes more sense, just sayin.

7. KelvinKamGoon
    Gingerbread Oct 11, 2017

KelvinKamGoon , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Hmm, I'm a little annoyed if the 5T is real.

I'm not defending Oneplus at all.

But let's face it, technology improves constantly.

One can only get the "best" l device they want/need at the point they decide to upgrade.

There will always be a "better" device coming along in a few months, whether it's from the same company or another.

If you wanna constantly chase the best device, you better have deep pockets and much patience.

8. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 11, 2017

pablofg1978 , Oct 11, 2017 :
    thread merged

9. Bryn26
    Honeycomb Oct 11, 2017

Bryn26 , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Nonsense. There would be an outcry if any of the major manufacturers released a new flagship a mere 4 months after launching the previous one. No one would or should tolerate such mad behaviour.

If OnePlus is able to release a totally new device 4-6 months after releasing the OP5, it means they were already testing it around the time the OP5 released. That would be disgraceful if it turned out to be true.

OnePlus will learn how quickly a reputation can go from hero to zero if they do indeed launch a OP6 so soon.

10. Deactivated User
    Oct 11, 2017

11. DrJMun
    KitKat Oct 11, 2017

DrJMun , Oct 11, 2017 :
    Not sure what kind of advice you're seeking. You bought it and if it's within the return window and you think you might prefer the 5T...then return it. However, as of right now the 5T is still a rumor and even if it were true it wouldnt be coming out until Nov. If you returned your 5 now, what would you use until then?

12. G_anand_prasad_NxGy
    Froyo Oct 12, 2017

G_anand_prasad_NxGy , Oct 12, 2017 :
    After 5T launch automatically 5 price drop will come know.
    if price dropped also how much they can reduce ?

Than I'm loosing money right

13. tmclaughlin001
    Gingerbread Oct 12, 2017

tmclaughlin001 , Oct 12, 2017 :
    If the 5T is released, and I still find it difficult to fathom given there would be no incremental increase in performance, it would replace the 5 completely. You might be able to find a 5 in the gray market, but forget direct sales. Qualcomm will NOT be offering an 836 this year. Who needs more than 8 g of RAM? It just makes no sense to me for a larger display, but anything is possible I suppose.

14. F_Karan_Mistry_qWLX
    Froyo Oct 12, 2017

15. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Oct 12, 2017

pablofg1978 , Oct 12, 2017 :
    thread merged

16. F_Ghanashyam_Danam_ixaE
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2017

17. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 12, 2017

meatandy , Oct 12, 2017 :
    I'm not thinking about the rumors. Let's wait for some solid and credible information.

18. riffraff81
    KitKat Oct 12, 2017

riffraff81 , Oct 12, 2017 :
    bezelless means they're gonna put the fingerprint scanner on the back. not interested.

19. F_Ghanashyam_Danam_ixaE
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2017

20. Eshan_Anand
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2017

Eshan_Anand , Oct 12, 2017 :
    Am thinking instead of searching and discussing it in an already opened thread why would you create new