[CLOSED] Oneplus 7 Back Panel Broke by itself ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfu.khan Eclair Jul 15, 2019

mfu.khan, Jul 15, 2019 :
    Hello,

The backpanel of my Oneplus 7 broke without any fall or any impact. It had the Oneplus nylon case on it(the one that comes with the device).Did not have any impact, pressure or anything. I went over internet and searched and OnePlus 6 had such issues. Moreover, the glass has broken on the side near the volume keys, with no other impact anywhere, how is this possible ?

Can someone explain ?
    Did anyone else face the same issue ?
    1563205375573.jpg

1563205375592.jpg

2. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 15, 2019

pablofg1978, Jul 15, 2019 :
    Most probably you bended while it was in your pocket.

theshinybeast likes this.
  3. mfu.khan Eclair Jul 15, 2019

mfu.khan, Jul 15, 2019 :
    Not sure if that could not happen because I've been sitting on a chair most of the time and I'm wearing a deep pocket denim jeans.

4. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 15, 2019

Things don't usually break by itself, there are always an explanation.

5. mfu.khan Eclair Jul 15, 2019

mfu.khan, Jul 15, 2019 :
    Agree, there should be an explanation. Maybe the glass is too brittle to withstand the normal pressure in a pair of jeans ?

6. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 15, 2019

I think that the problem is not the jeans... If It got bended while it was in your pocket, the pressure is your body, not your pants.

7. mfu.khan Eclair Jul 15, 2019

mfu.khan, Jul 15, 2019 :
    what I meant is the normal pressure that gets built up in a jeans pocket against your thigh.

Anyway, most probably the pressure, but should the case not have helped ? or should it not be able to handle that much pressure. ?

There's been such problems with Oneplus 6 as well.

8. Chinaroad Gingerbread Jul 15, 2019

Chinaroad, Jul 15, 2019 :
    This has been stated since the OP6, and all zho claimed that their back glass broke by itself had it broke on the same spot near the buttons. And yet there are people blaming them for lying. i think they aint lying since all the crack are on the same spot, it cant be by a chance. But sorry my friend, here, you we'll get blamed if you say that it's a manufaturing problem or a glass processing problem, here you can do what ever you want but blame OP, here most of them have posters of carl pei and they pray to him, so it's your problem if you use it correctly, next time at least drop it so you can say oh it broke because of the drop.

9. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 15, 2019

What you say is pure nonsense. If you bend the phone it will break, most likely at the weakest point, and that point is where the buttons are. This is where the metal frame is more weak.
    If you are careless with your device don't blame others.

10. mfu.khan Eclair Jul 15, 2019

mfu.khan, Jul 15, 2019 :
    Dude. Seriously ? Like putting your phone in your front pocket is carelessness ? What are you man ? How old are you ? Do you think people are using phones for the first time ? How do you justify a phone glass broken by just some pressure in a normal/ day to day situation ?

11. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jul 15, 2019

I wasn't talking to you but again, phones don't break by itself.
    So if you broke your phone is because you wasn't careful enough.
    Glass is glass and it will break under certain conditions.
    I have a OnePlus 6t and a OP7Pro that I keep on my pockets and never broke it.
    Is easier to blame others or try to find a factory defect instead of taking responsibility for your careless.
    Anyways, there is no point to keep this thread open, there are a similar threads already open for discussion.
    Redundant thread closed

Neddard likes this.