Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User
    Aug 20, 2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2019

2. NatalieThomas752
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

NatalieThomas752 , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Hey there. I'm too having this issue. For me, the light bleed is from the whole right side of the device in portrait orientation. I'm not quite versed with replacing the device bought online. Since you said you've successfully returned the device and got the replacement already. I would like to know how to get the replacement from Amazon (in my case too). Should I send them any evidence to them detailing the display issue?

PS: The appropriate return options I see in "My orders" page in Amazon for return/replacement are "Item defective or doesn't work" and "Product doesn't meet expectations".

3. Dr4g0n36
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

Dr4g0n36 , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Due to the nature of the problem Amazon doesn't Ask me a photo, because someone, like me, could have only one smartphone and can't do photo on himself.

4. Matt 80
    Lollipop Aug 27, 2019

Matt 80 , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Your device does not have light bleed. Light bleed is an issue which affects back lit screens (LCD), not amoled.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

5. Dr4g0n36
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

Yeah it's true, for me, but trying to explain in a different language the problem i had (like "wet" black zones under the surface, on night mode and low brightness) was quite hard. So "bleeding" will generally fit the problem.

6. NatalieThomas752
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

So you might have chose "Item defective or doesn't work" under returns page in Amazon, right? Amazon has different policies in different countries for returns/replacement. In some countries Amazon will be inspecting the product returned before issuing a replacement. May I ask you which country's Amazon you bought the device from?

Yes, you're right. Technically it's the screen uniformity issue. It mostly seen on low-quality AMOLEDs.

7. Dr4g0n36
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

Amazon Italy. using 30day returning defective.

NatalieThomas752 likes this.
  8. NatalieThomas752
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2019

That's a quite long return period. For us it's just 15 days :/

9. Dr4g0n36
    Froyo Aug 27, 2019

10. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 27, 2019

youbi , Aug 27, 2019 :
    Hi,

My first advice would be to make sure you know what burn-in effect is.

Here the wikipedia link and a video about it:

So since you are seeing that with the screen off, it clearly shows we are dealing with a different thing. What you are seeing there is just the opening that the screen has to have so that the sensor can actually see your finger. And thats the sort of thing that you can only see in extreme conditions, like you just showed there where you could only see it under direct sun light.

Don't worry about it, your phone is fine. ;) If you google that, you will see plenty of results of users saying the same in all phones with under the screen tech (even the Samsung S10 that uses slightly different tech as it).

No point on keeping this thread open, since the side talks going on here (about different issues) can end up misleading users in thinking they have something wrong with their device.

If you have any doubts please send me a PM.

Thread closed.

xnutzii likes this.