[closed] OnePlus 8 software update via OnePlus 8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akshay_0157
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

Akshay_0157 , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 22, 2020 :
    I heard two days ago that OnePlus 8 series has rolled out software update. I waited for 2 days but haven't received it yet. Is there any issue? Update for 10.5.10 [IN]
    1595402341236.jpg

2. EthanMaskie
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2020

3. SteveCP
    Jelly Bean Jul 22, 2020

SteveCP , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jul 22, 2020 :
    All roll outs are incremental, it can take hours or weeks for you to receive the update, if you don't want to wait I would suggest downloading oxygen updater from the playstore and getting updates that way.

No it won't brink your phone or void any warranty, the updates are straight from OP so there is nothing to worry about.

EthanMaskie and Akshay_0157 like this.
  4. StrikerZ
    Eclair Jul 22, 2020

5. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 23, 2020

youbi , Jul 23, 2020 :
    Hi,

Don't worry about it. The truth is that this is the normal behavior for all updates. It's a gradual rollout, so users are getting the update step by step and it takes some time to reach everyone.

The updates are released like this to make sure no strange issue appears in the first users that got it and that everyone gets the best experience possible of that new update. :) So if all is fine with the update you should get it soon (usually it tends to vary between 1-2 weeks between the first release and the update getting to everyone. But occasionally it can be less or even more than that.

If you want to discuss that update, please use the official thread about it. No point in opening a new thread about an update, since we will always have a pinned oficial thread to discuss it.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...-eu-and-10-5-11-na-for-the-oneplus-8.1260164/

If you have any doubts please send me a pm.

Thread closed.

SteveCP and Akshay_0157 like this.