[CLOSED]OnePlus 9 Buyer Asks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 20, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Oct 20, 2021 :
    Hi There. I'm still on the hunt of my new OnePlus phone. I'm considering the 9 but I needed to ask:

1. Does having no OIS on the main camera mean low light/night shots + moving objects appear much worse than that of a phone w/ OIS?
    2. Is it actually safe to use in light rain or accidental water splashes?
    3. Is there actually EIS on the rear & front cameras in terms of 1080p/30, 1080p/60 and 4K/30 modes?
    4. Will this phone continue a monthly security updates cycle?

Please advice. Thanks.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 20, 2021

Best Answer
    Dresa91 , Oct 20, 2021 :
    Hey,

1. depends on your camera settings while taking a pic.
    2. Yes, it should.
    3. OnePlus 9 has EIS
    4. No, OnePlus provides updates bi-monthly

3. dom_k
    The Lab - OnePlus 9 Pro Reviewer Oct 21, 2021

dom_k , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Oct 21, 2021 :
    If you are prefer to have better photos in night and motion and 9 Pro is too expensive to you consider to buy the 8 Pro. I think there is not so much difference between these two in real life. Don't be scared of older chip as it is not that much hungry and probably doesn't heating like the 888 which can tease you when you live in hotter region.

It should be safe to use it in the rain or accidental water splashes. I think it has IP68 but unofficialy (like the 7T) because of the costs of the licence.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021

4. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 21, 2021

5. B_Wrath
    Junior Moderator Junior Moderator Oct 21, 2021

B_Wrath , Oct 21, 2021 :
    Hi. I have seen you create multiple threads asking user for opinions on buying a new device.
    Can you please stick to one thread as creating multiple threads about the topic (you being on the hunt for a new device) is Ideally spamming and is against the forum rules.

6. Gino Guillermo
    Gingerbread Oct 21, 2021

Gino Guillermo , Oct 21, 2021 :
    Thank you for the advice.

I had to fragment and create "multiple" thread as I needed specific answers to my specific questions. I strongly disagree it is "spamming" coz all of us have different needs and uses and budget on our future buys.

Perhaps lighten up and maybe be a bit more flexible with your rules and policies. I am here to ask for help and nothing else. And I do appreciate all the help here. If only people behind the forums would listen.

7. Mr. BG
    Welcoming Expert, Community Hero 2020 Community Expert Oct 21, 2021

Mr. BG , Oct 21, 2021 :
    The moment got sign up you agree on house rules, it's a bit strange to get irritated if someone points you to this, and tell them to lighten up.

The community consists of members, like yourself, and to prevent it from becoming a giant mess there are rules, please adhere to them.

That being said, if you really want a great camera the 8T is the best of the lot, but if I were you I would seriously consider the Pixel 6 series..

The updates are usually bimonthly, monthly updates are Apple and Pixel territory..

8. pulagallasrihari
    Eclair Oct 22, 2021

9. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 22, 2021

G_plusone , Oct 22, 2021 :
    enjoy your oneplus 9 then ;)

Gino Guillermo likes this.
  10. camohan
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Oct 24, 2021

camohan , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Hi there, I understand and appreciate that you are amongst them who want to do a full research before buying a device. However it is equally important to understand and appreciate that the question and answers can happen in the same thread for different type of devices.

Creating multiple threads in also against forum terms and rules. The link of terms and rules is here for ready reference
    https://forums.oneplus.com/help/terms

This will only help to keep the forum cleaner.

I would therefore appreciate if you can continue to ask follow up questions or a new question in this thread
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/nord-ce-5g-buyer-asks.1510545/

I am closing rest of the threads. You can always refer the locked threads to re-look at the answers.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

Cheers.

G_plusone likes this.