[Closed] Oneplus is just avoiding us like anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojantomic
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

bojantomic , May 23, 2018 :
    1 - So? We got Oreo first, we'll get next update soon. Beta is regularly being updated. You're not missing on anything.

2 - only design is the same in some aspects. How is that sooo important?

3 - Treble is mandatory for phones launching with 8.0+ and optional for those eho were updated. Why would any company want to provide one year of updates more, when they have a new phone launching and another two/three already newer that 3/3T!

It's all just common sense.

2. aicse
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

aicse , May 23, 2018 :
    1- beta is not stable, also it needs to be flashed manually. Most of inexperienced users won't do this.

2- it will allow faster updates and keeping devices secure for longer periods of time. this is a big win for the customers

3- OnePlus states that they are a company built for community, working with community. I can't see any op3, 3t, 5 and 5t user asking for newer devices, not for more updates.
    My point is, they should at least be quiet about all the community thing, "we listen....", "we work with...", they are yet another big corporation for making money.

3. f00tbaLL
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

f00tbaLL , May 23, 2018 :
    with the SOT time reducing is it down to battery degradation or just with all the new updates previously this runs down the screen time?

Or could it be we have a Apple problem here where they made their phones run slower oneplusone make their old phones have less screen time therefore making you upgrade?

And would replacing the battery bring the screen time back up to 8 hours plus just like when it was brand-new?

And how easy and how much does it cost to replace a battery in a 1+3

4. bojantomic
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

bojantomic , May 23, 2018 :
    1 - that's not what i meant [e]1f602[/e] the point was that they haven't forgotten about old users, they just slowed down, which is logical and which is what they said will happen.

You're not thinking from a company's point of view, you're thinking from your own point of view.
    They've done enough, especially for a cheap phone like 3/3T. It's time to move on.
    We knew a year ago what's their plan.

5. G_Kunal_Gupta_uVji
    Eclair May 23, 2018

6. G_Kunal_Gupta_uVji
    Eclair May 23, 2018

7. aicse
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

aicse , May 23, 2018 :
    5 months no updates, isn't really slow down, is most likely, we'll update when we remember that they exist.

It is not very cheap, I don't know why everyone thinks that op devices are cheap. op 3 and 3t costed 400 and 450 Euros in Europe, while other flagships of that time, like samgung S7 and S7 edge costed 600 and you could get it on discounts for 550 or so, 100 difference is not that big, while op has worse camera and less features.

Even now the op 6 costs 500+ for base model and goes up to 600+ for the high-end model. when the same s9 costs 670 for the unlocked version.
    It is just me, or OnePlus is not that cheap any more ?

8. F_Chandradip_Mukherjee_m
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

F_Chandradip_Mukherjee_m , May 23, 2018 :
    So, I just wanna understand this. OnePlus 3 and 3T are running on Beta versions which allow users to use face unlock which is not even available on newer phones. The security patch is May 1 even on a phone model that is more than 2 years old. Still people have the time to complain? Please for heaven's sake. Flash the Beta version and stay happy. Cribbing on the community would not help. SMH

RASTAVIPER likes this.
  9. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

RASTAVIPER , May 23, 2018 :
    Congrats.
    Me and other users still get 6 hours of SOT, so u can be happy with your small success.

10. aicse
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

aicse , May 23, 2018 :
    what is the problem to roll out the stable version ? OP could just take the beta build as it is and rollout as a stable one, or it is unstable and could cause problems to the users ?

11. F_Chandradip_Mukherjee_m
    Gingerbread May 23, 2018

F_Chandradip_Mukherjee_m , May 23, 2018 :
    I don't know. And honestly I don't care. The Beta builds are as stable as the stable one's. IMO better than the stable build

12. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

ghostofcain , May 23, 2018 :
    Yes and the sooner users accept this the better.

13. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

They obviously feel something isn't quite ready for mainstream use, I suspect maybe some niggles with :spit: FaceUnlock, they'd be crucified if they pushed a stable build without it.

14. Hxc
    Froyo May 23, 2018

Hxc , May 23, 2018 :
    what an irritating replyes by the community
    the beta is still active and rolling out the updates in every 20 to 25 days so be patient the ota update will be rolling out soon

15. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow May 23, 2018

OTA is a delivery method not a type of release.

16. Flanzer10
    Froyo May 23, 2018

Flanzer10 , May 23, 2018 :
    Just give some time to the developers...
    I am preety sure they have 3/3T in their minds
    But are preoccupied with the newer phones..
    Don't worry
    Updates should be just around the corner...
    Well, you never know..
    Have some patience

17. santhosh311983
    Honeycomb May 23, 2018

santhosh311983 , May 23, 2018 :
    haha oneplus agent is back again ..buddy in my Redmi note 5 pro ..I getting 9+ hrs of SOT ..that too without doing any tweaks ..and in my op3T getting 4+ hrs considering i got poor network reception... so buddy did not use your HIT OR MISS method of battery saving ..got much better work to do :)

18. RASTAVIPER
    Jelly Bean May 23, 2018

RASTAVIPER , May 23, 2018 :
    People with no arguments like u use simple phones like Redmi for comparisons.
    U do the same like other users who post about Xiaomi and make everybody laugh with them.

Please continue to amuse us.

19. santhosh311983
    Honeycomb May 24, 2018

santhosh311983 , May 24, 2018 :
    and people like you with half knowledge..just google something and create an document and propose to others to follow the same ..which is an HIT or MISS ..and get the device BRICKED!!

20. santhosh311983
    Honeycomb May 24, 2018

santhosh311983 , May 24, 2018 :
    Getting 4+ hrs SOT with our compromising the advance functions ..not like that to yours where many aspects are disabled and boost that you get over 6 hrs SOT ..do one thing enable Aeroplane mode ..and make it to 10 hrs ..lol