[Closed] Oneplus Playing The Blame Game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gsingh85
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2018

gsingh85 , Oct 3, 2018 :
    The only thing that OnePlus could resort to after seeing so many issues with Android Pie is putting the blame on Google.

If OnePlus wasn't sure about the new OS what was the hurry with them to adopt it when people were already struggling to resolve their issues with previous updates.

This is my first device from OnePlus and could probably be the last, not because other vendors don't have the issues but here I am noticing a trend for last few days with all sorts of issues and problems creeping up.

Is it really a stable update that has been rolled out through OTA or is it still the beta version where people have been fooled?

It's not anybody's fault to update to a new OS because one thinks in a manner that his current problems might get resolved with the update. But Android P doesn't seem like ending people's problems rather it has become the pain in the ***.

Hope most of you would agree with me?

Anubis 33 likes this.
  2. asaputrosnk
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2018

EternalTom likes this.
  3. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 4, 2018

Kytharsis , Oct 4, 2018 :
    What issues are you having exactly?

4. Anubis 33
    KitKat Oct 4, 2018

Anubis 33 , Oct 4, 2018 :
    I agree, and also think it was
    rolled out to soon, just to
    Satiate some of the Op6
    users cravings.

Puppy59 likes this.
  5. dnoel143
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2018

dnoel143 , Oct 4, 2018 :
    No issues with the OP6, the battery works perfectly...no issue yet with Android Pie....what are the issues your facing?

6. Deactivated User
    Oct 4, 2018

Kytharsis likes this.
  7. ejraney
    Donut Oct 4, 2018

Kytharsis likes this.
  8. Kytharsis
    Marshmallow Oct 4, 2018

9. Anubis 33
    KitKat Oct 4, 2018

Myself no issues, thankfully!
    But I'm reading a long list of
    complaints others have.

10. FaleshC
    KitKat Oct 4, 2018

FaleshC , Oct 4, 2018 :
    half of them are just not able to accept the changes Google made in Pie and rest of them are just user errors.
    and only few are raising some genuine issues they are having.

11. D1535054929757
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2018

D1535054929757 , Oct 4, 2018 :
    There have been a few lags on what was initially a seamless OS. But it's going to get better. The overall experience is still pretty much the same. The volume button is not functioning as it used to.

12. Anubis 33
    KitKat Oct 4, 2018

Well said point taken.

13. gsingh85
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2018

gsingh85 , Oct 4, 2018 :
    Good to hear that some people aren't facing any challenges but the list of impacted people seems to be larger even if the issue/problem is infinitesimally small post the update.

As far as I am concerned, I am yet to move to Android P as I didn't want to take any chances and waited for people to comment on it.

Moreover, I am still on Oreo and it's auto rotate feature has malfunctioned exactly after 2 months of purchase and after taking all the measures it still has been resolved.

The last option is to backup the data and then either perform the factory reset or move to service center for flashing of OS.

14. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Oct 4, 2018

B_Wrath , Oct 4, 2018 :
    Got no issues with pie.. Working flawlessly...
    And as @FaleshC said, most of the thread you see here are people not able to understand the pie feature, or apps not being optimized for pie or self induced errors... Since the day of pie beta launch, people who didn't understand beta jumped on the beta channel and started complaining, next after the beta was launched, it was people's ignorance to the announcement thread and the Q&A sticky there..
    I have only seen a couple of genuine issues for the past few weeks...

FaleshC likes this.
  15. artexjay
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2018

16. Lelander2015
    Gingerbread Oct 4, 2018

17. Risabh_Roy
    Eclair Oct 4, 2018

Risabh_Roy , Oct 4, 2018 :
    i am not able to turn off tje shutter sound of snapchat even in Do not Disturb mode.

18. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 4, 2018

camohan , Oct 4, 2018 :
    Well, I don't see any point of this thread or even a need to create a new thread when you yourself have not moved to pie update.

Like rightly said here, most of the users do not understand what are changes in pie version.This has been trend in forums due to users who lack technical knowledge on how Android works.

Some of the them want a marathon battery immediately after a update is installed. My sot was 6 hours in Oreo now it is 5.30 hrs. Some of them complain about 10 gb space which android P took without knowing the reason. Some are complaining about cache clear not available, if you would read some technical write up of cache in this forum one will realise it was so dumb to do cache cleaning all this while.

To conclude, every update has bugs this has too but here more of a noise is created by users who doesn't understand much about how things work.

OnePlus is not blaming Google, it is following google to keep it as much stock as possible.

After reading your thread, there would be lot of users who will feel the update is buggy but very few will realise you haven't even tried pie. Similarly there are other threads which makes you to believe that the update is useless.

You would be glad to check out this post https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-9-0-for-the-oneplus-6.909533/page-500#post-19200402 which probably covers all the "issues" you noted in the forum.

You are free to continue to discuss in the main thread above and it will be more meaningful to experience yourself than following a wrong database of users.

Pointless thread closed.