[CLOSED]Oneplus, please not another breach of our trust!?!? (Clipboard App in Beta)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dxic2k
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Dxic2k , Jan 26, 2018 :
    if i would work with the CIA, i wouldn't try to tell everyone that this issue isn't the worst we have

2. idkwhoiam322
    Nougat Jan 26, 2018

idkwhoiam322 , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Maybe you DO work for the CIA, that's why you're acting dumb enough to show us that you're not?

3. Dxic2k
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Dxic2k , Jan 26, 2018 :
    i'm not even from the U.S. i don't care if u let those companies control u.

4. felinos11
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2018

felinos11 , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Cool story bro. Mods might not get paid directly but they do get other indirect benefits from these crooks that sell our data to any kind of companies in China. What benefits you get from defending them anyways? Is it too much to ask if you spend $560 and don't want your data to be sold to any kind of shit out there? I can't wait for a class action to be filed in USA and asking for damages paid to those whose credit cards information were stolen.

mevicks likes this.
  5. Dxic2k
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Dxic2k , Jan 26, 2018 :
    ya....usa is always the white knight.....poor brainwashed snowflake

6. RapJays
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2018

RapJays , Jan 26, 2018 :
    just lost the respect for OnePlus. I always wondered why it's cheap.. well not really but still God damn

7. ShadowBolt09
    Jelly Bean Jan 26, 2018

8. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Jan 26, 2018

Baymax , Jan 26, 2018 :
    False information. They are not paid.
    They do their job without any need for compensation.
    Look. We do not know the reasoning behind OnePlus Clipboard. Until we find out, I recommend that you adjust your bust before it combusts. Teddymobile is probably just where their information servers are. Another thing, this is not the same thing as the credit card breach. So quit comparing the two in this thread. Like I said above, we should wait to see what OnePlus says.

Ahsen Ameer likes this.
  9. Baymax

Baymax , Jan 26, 2018 :
    When you are running a global company, things like this can happen. I guess we should give OnePlus the benefit of the doubt.

10. Ahsen Ameer
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2018

Ahsen Ameer , Jan 26, 2018 :
    that dudes evil I swear ..I tried to heal him..

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  11. Dxic2k
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Dxic2k , Jan 26, 2018 :
    ya heal me, cause i'm not trust those corrupt companies and goverments....

12. Ahsen Ameer
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2018

I swear you're one of those guys who sit outside their house drinking beer and blaming everything at the government

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  13. Aplexw
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Aplexw , Jan 26, 2018 :
    I am done with OnePlus. next phone will be a google phone. OnePlus is full of bugs and nasty surprises!

mevicks likes this.
  14. Baymax

Baymax , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Haha so true

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  15. Ahsen Ameer
    Honeycomb Jan 26, 2018

yet believe the company that wasn't secured with people transaction ,God knows what happened with their credit card info. do you even know about how oneplus started off as a company, search it up sir.

16. Dxic2k
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Dxic2k , Jan 26, 2018 :
    nope, i'm sitting in my house and blame everything at the goverment ;)

17. G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 26, 2018

G_Chinmay_bapat_oQMj , Jan 26, 2018 :
    have they replied???

Themurtuza likes this.
  18. Baymax

Baymax , Jan 26, 2018 :
    Well, at least you admit it. Do you have a beer in hand too?

19. gksujesh
    Donut Jan 26, 2018

gksujesh , Jan 26, 2018 :
    OnePlus Clipboard App in Latest OxygenOS Beta Found Transmitting Personal Data to a Chinese Server

Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus is yet again found transmitting users personal data to a Chinese server. In the latest OxygenOS Beta update, an application named Clipboard is preinstalled on OnePlus devices, which is now said to transmit users personal data to a Chinese server owned by Teddy Mobile. For the unaware, Teddy Mobile is a service in China which helps in identifying unknown caller identities, same as Truecaller, but for the Chinese market.

This information is found by Security researcher Elliot Alderson? and he posted the same on microblogging portal Twitter. Analysing Anderson’ series of Tweets, here’s what we found out. Whenever a user copies any text, the Clipboard examines the data and differentiates what user exactly copies. For example, the Clipboard searches for data such as bank number, email ID, address, etc.

If it matches the string with the data copied by the user, the Clipboard application will fetch data such as mobile IMEI number, phone number, network details, IP address, device ID, and such. And in the final step, it copies the text and sends it to the Chinese server hosted by Teddy Mobile.

The issue here is pretty straightforward. If you copy your bank account details, the data will be sent to the Chinese servers in Teddy Mobile. For the unaware, the same researcher Anderson found out an issue on the Clipboard application sending data to Alibaba servers, but OnePlus claimed that the app was only meant to its Chinese users and it was accidentally added in the Global Beta ROM.

At the moment, it’s unknown whether this is intentional from OnePlus or is it an accidental one, but the researcher is pretty sure that the data is being sent to Chinese servers. Nevertheless, we reached out to OnePlus on the same and will update this post once we get any information from the company.

Also, this Clipboard application is currently present in the latest OxygenOS Beta update and is yet to make its way to the stable ROM. Chances are that only a few people with OxygenOS Open Beta ROM will be affected at the moment, but like I said, the intensity of the issue is unknown.

G_Rohan_Reznor_Froa likes this.
  20. Dxic2k
    Eclair Jan 26, 2018

Dxic2k , Jan 26, 2018 :
    i never said i trust oneplus.