[CLOSED]Oneplus, please not another breach of our trust!?!? (Clipboard App in Beta)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImPointR
    Eclair Jan 30, 2018

ImPointR , Jan 30, 2018 :
    Except those are troubles they fixed, and they even apologised about it through our emails. My father who decided to gift me the OnePlus 5T I'm using to talk to you was hit by this data leakage, and he received that long email from OnePlus not being able to apologise enough. Since OP still are a very young brand I won't be bashing them to death for this kind of mishap that was totally out of their control.
    As for this clipboard app, if you don't trust them enough you can disable this feature via the settings and/or disable the app as well. Your initial post is quite a retarded statement as a solution exists, and this solution is easy as hell.

Now if you want/need to know more about those data problems Google, Bing, or your favourite search engine, may become your best friend.

2. camohan
    Moderator Moderator Jan 30, 2018

camohan , Jan 30, 2018 :
    Since the discussion is related to clipboard, thread merged.

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Jan 30, 2018

dsmonteiro , Jan 30, 2018 :
    Again, they weren't caught doing anything. The security expert that first reported this already said so.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  4. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 30, 2018

AnonymousWP , Jan 30, 2018 :
    Did you even read my message? Because it seems like you still don't get what I'm saying.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  5. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jan 30, 2018

izzykasha , Jan 30, 2018 :
    I don't mind jumping on Oneplus when they do something wrong, but in this instance there is nothing going on, nothing wrong, nothing to complain about.

probably time for this thread to be closed off?

Hydra Bob likes this.
  6. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 30, 2018

AnonymousWP , Jan 30, 2018 :
    AKA big companies who store their passwords in a plain-text document-file.

7. faithiee
    Donut Jan 30, 2018

faithiee , Jan 30, 2018 :
    A lot of the privacy options used as examples in this thread are from bigger, older companies that have possibly experienced something like this before in some capacity. Not only that, data security is getting more and more out of control everywhere not just a oneplus so it will take some time especially for a slightly newer company. Plus, so far it is Hydrogen OS & beta that are affected.

8. SoniaB
    Head Moderator; Community Hero 2020 Head Moderator Jan 30, 2018

SoniaB , Jan 30, 2018 :
    Since the new betas have this removed, I am in agreement that the thread should now be closed.

Hydra Bob, faithiee and AnonymousWP like this.