[CLOSED]OnePlus Switch & OOS 11 Open Beta 1 via OnePlus 7T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deactivated User , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 22, 2021 :
    I've created a OnePlus Switch back up.

I want to install the OOS 11 Open Beta 1.

I assume that the first thing to do is to move my Switch backup to a computer?

Then, I can install OOS 11 Open Beta 1.

Next, I'll transfer the Switch back up to the phone. Does the back up need to be in any specific folder location to be recognised by Switch?

That should allow my to restore the back up from Switch?

Has anyone used an OOS 10 backup and restored it to OOS 11 Open Beta 1? If so, did this work as expected? Problems/issues?

I've only used Switch to transfer from my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to this 7T (which went very well). Before Switch, I've always used TWRP (and that's not an option now).

I'm content with 00S 10.0.15 and all of my configurations, including root, and usually avoid any form of any beta software. And having only one limited (although successful) use of the OnePlus Switch app, I'm not feeling the greatest relying on it at this time.

Lastly, I'll assume that I can restore my 10.0.15 back up to my downgrade back to OOS 10 from OOS 11 beta without issue? And using the same method I've described at the start of this thread?

Thanks

2. Karx100
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

3. SRD.
    KitKat Jan 22, 2021

YRJ likes this.
  4. Lionman8595
    Gingerbread Jan 22, 2021

Lionman8595 , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 22, 2021 :
    One plus should have added cloud backup years ago , its the most efficient way to backup and restore data.
    There is just one logical explanation for this -other services.
    That shows that the company is not ready to invest in user convenience or a safe way to avoid data loos.
    That what drives me crazy about one plus .
    They took the time and affort to creat canvas and insight instead of most useful backup service.

5. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Jan 22, 2021

YRJ , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Sorry, never used switch to backup data.

SRD. likes this.
  6. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Jan 22, 2021

saikiran4ever , Jan 22, 2021 :
    - I've backed up my data using 1+ switch on OOS 11 Beta 1 that created a folder "opbackup" in the internal storage's root directory.
    - I downgraded my OS to 9 as that's the only option I had to go back to OOS 10 stable version as I was not happy with OOS 11 Beta 1.
    - I upgraded to OOS 10 stable version later.
    - Now, I tried to restore 1+ switch backup by copying the "opbackup" folder from computer into the internal storage's root directory. This should be only placed in the root directory.
    - Attempted to restore the backup using 1+ switch. Unfortunately, it showed only a few items in the restore options. I did that. After restarting the phone once, I performed restore again. This time, it showed all the backed up data and successfully restored everything.

Finally, all done.

This video explains how to use 1 + switch.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021

Deactivated User likes this.
  7. Deactivated User , via OnePlus 7T , Jan 22, 2021 :
    Sounds great. Thanks for the detailed information. I just might give it a go.

saikiran4ever likes this.
  8. pablofg1978
    Nougat Head Moderator Jan 22, 2021