[Closed] OP2 updates dead or not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AidenFrost Cupcake Jun 3, 2017

2. buddykartz Eclair Jun 3, 2017

buddykartz, Jun 3, 2017 :
    One day they'll see the power of consumers. If they continue to ignore older customers like this then it'll be like digging their own grave.

FallenAngel_86 likes this.
  3. G_Jan_Kadeřábek_ZmIb Cupcake Jun 3, 2017

G_Jan_Kadeřábek_ZmIb, Jun 3, 2017 :
    I was looking forward to OP5, but now I will choose other phone. I want the phone, that will have support for more than two years... And as people around me are asking me for advice, I can't recommend OP anymore.

FallenAngel_86 and balaji93 like this.
  4. georgepsirris Eclair Jun 3, 2017

balaji93 likes this.
  5. bivin123 Gingerbread Jun 3, 2017

Juned Shaikh likes this.
  6. willy156 Honeycomb Jun 3, 2017

7. SimonRam Lollipop Jun 3, 2017

8. kaghedo Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2017

9. marinobiagio Jelly Bean Jun 3, 2017

marinobiagio, Jun 3, 2017 :
    Lol totally agree

10. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 3, 2017

11. red_1819 Gingerbread Jun 3, 2017

red_1819, Jun 3, 2017 :
    If it cant support a proper stable nougat build then how come does lineage provide 7.1.2 for Oneplus 2 and that without any major bugs?....I am a 3T user but i stand with oneplus 2 users....Oneplus company sucks...if they dont know how to build a good sofware for a device, they shouldnt have made the false promises regarding the update......MoreOver the company's programmers are kinda noobs.....They have not even yet removed the bugs that most of the users are facing on their 3T.....They shouldnt have started making phones if they dont know how to make software for the same, which is the basic thing.....

FallenAngel_86 and AkileshAkil like this.
  12. evertking Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2017

evertking, Jun 4, 2017 :
    Yeah, this does suck and has really made me think hard about not buying another device from these guys. I have bought every phone and the OnePlus 3 will receive the same treatment as the others and will be "dated" and forgotten about soon. Think I'm going to go with Pixel.

red_1819 likes this.
  13. ardakaan Gingerbread Jun 4, 2017

14. ardakaan Gingerbread Jun 4, 2017

15. G_amm_t_(ammt)_UDLG Gingerbread Jun 4, 2017

G_amm_t_(ammt)_UDLG, Jun 4, 2017 :
    Thank God op2 is officially dead. Otherwise in every thread for op3 3t updates, there is always a person who keep asking update for op2. Please move on guys.

A Chinese company will be always a Chinese one. Even for huawei, some p10 shipped with emmc 5.1 instead for usf 2.0/1. Reasoning is "to be sustainable" lol.

Please don't buy Chinese phone.

AkileshAkil and balaji93 like this.
  16. pojr Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2017

pojr, Jun 4, 2017 :
    Yo,

I've been seeing a lot of people creating threads about the OnePlus 2 being dropped for support. We even have an XDA thread about it as well as some phone blogs that posted about it. So it must be true, right?

Not exactly.

The only source, if you can call it that, is a OnePlus representative. Does this sound familiar? The same ones that say "we don't have any information at this time" or "yes the OPX/OP2 is getting Nougat."

The moral of the story? OnePlus representatives have no idea what they're talking about. Whether the OnePlus 2 or OnePlus X will be getting an update is a whole different story (maybe? Probably not) But there's no confirmation on support being dropped for either phone.

17. varma246 KitKat Jun 4, 2017

varma246, Jun 4, 2017 :
    But still i Will say

RIP OP2 (@Carls mind)

Still Hoping on nougat for OP2 is probably is bad choice

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017

tadydrift, PM42 and pojr like this.
  18. nyzproof333 Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2017

nyzproof333, Jun 4, 2017 :
    What an amazing thread! So insightful. I'm so glad you said something about this as it's been on my mind for so long. I have been going back and forth wishing, wondering....And now you have come through and cleared things up.

I could say thank you but that would never be enough.

Gaurav Rohilla and pojr like this.
  19. itsbhanusharma Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2017

itsbhanusharma, Jun 4, 2017 :
    Dead or not, I'm happy that I switched it to lineageOS & then sold it before such threads started to pop on the internet.

20. Aabrakadabra Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2017

Aabrakadabra, Jun 4, 2017 :
    Since, we are getting so many threads on OP2 dead officially /Unofficially / Still Alive/ May be alive / On ventilator may be.... Let's just all make peace and call the OP2 a ZOMBIE for the time-being...

kaihp, dsmonteiro and Juggy like this.