[closed]Open Beta_35 to Stable OnePlus 6 Without Factory Reset via OnePlus 6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AayushNayak
    Donut Oct 30, 2020

AayushNayak , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Is there a way to go from One Beta_35 on OnePlus 6 (which is the last beta build) to the most recent stable build of OnePlus 6 without the loss of data/factory reset?

2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 30, 2020

camohan , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Hi there, moving from beta to stable will always wipe the data.
    Taking a backup and later restoring is the only option available.

3. Arjun Choudhry
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2020

Arjun Choudhry , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Directly flash the stable build over the beta build. You shouldn't lose any data as the stable build is newer than the Beta build. Did the same, and didn't lose any data

4. AayushNayak
    Donut Oct 30, 2020

AayushNayak , via OnePlus 6 , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Hello Man,

Can you please connect with me personally to guide me for the same. I don't want to risk losing my data.

5. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2020

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2020 :
    This is not the way to do it... You should always use the rollback zip when going from beta to stable...
    There is always a risk of losing data... and "dirty flashing" isn't the correct way to do it... Backup your data always, better safe than sorry!

Caomhin likes this.
  6. Arjun Choudhry

I know that. But I was in the process of switching between phones, and had transferred all the data to my new phone. So I thought of trying it out. And it worked.
    I will always suggest rollback to stable as the first option, but considering the above user just isn't willing to do that, I told him that this would work as well

Liehjan likes this.
  7. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 30, 2020

Liehjan , Oct 30, 2020 :
    But with that process there is still risk of losing data... There is always a risk of that when messing with software.
    So either way, always backup :)

Caomhin likes this.
  8. Arjun Choudhry

That's true. Thankfully, I have everything in my phones always backed up to my Google Account :)

Liehjan likes this.
  9. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Oct 30, 2020

Horsault , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Posting beta test program content out of official update threads is off-topic. This thread is closed.

Caomhin likes this.