[CLOSED] Oxygen OS 12 WORST Experience via OnePlus 9 Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richy596
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2022

Richy596 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 26, 2022 :
    I have been using oneplus for the past 4.5 years from OnePlus 5T to OnePlus 9 Pro.
    The best and unique thing I liked about oneplus is the clean and uncluttered UI and the overall software experience. The animations were crisp, no lag, a font that was standard & feel of using something premium. I loved the keypad, navigation sounds and everything about the old oxygen OS. It was simple yet classy.

I was shattered to see how my phone completely changed after the new OS12 update. The old fonts are gone. The delete/ok banner that pops when clicking something looks same as oppo. Android 11 camera app was far better and easy to use than the new one.
    What's the point in getting OnePlus if I have color OS with oxygen skin. I could have got the oppo/ realme or just someother Android device.
    OnePlus is ruining and killing people's faith.
    Overall its a worst Oxygen OS 12 experience. I am planning to move to moto or pixel as I need a clean software experience.
    I was a big OnePlus fan, Until the OxygenOS 12 update arrived

2. G1643195868391
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2022

G1643195868391 , Jan 26, 2022 :
    Couldn't agree more, was screaming outloud when discovered that the update changed the basic settings which is a big joke. Regret updating and want to downgrade to OS 11 but not possible I think.
    My immediate response is to all: DO NOT UPGRADE TO OS 12! IT IS A JOKE and nothing of value!

So...
    - How can I get the clock widget back on my home screen, it is gone after the update?
    - Why does the screen awake by a simple nudge to the phone sideways, wasn't like that before and can't turn it off?
    - Why has the touch sound changed from being the most satisfying click sound ever to an annoying ping sound?
    - Why can't I disable left swipe on home screen to delete that stupid Google news crap feed?

More to come...

3. Richy596
    Cupcake Jan 26, 2022

Richy596 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 26, 2022 :
    You can actually downgrade to oxygen 11... Check YouTube for local upgrade. I am back to Oxygen 11

T1637927066984 and ghostofcain like this.
  4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 26, 2022

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 26, 2022 :
    How can I get the clock widget back on my home screen, it is gone after the update?

Don't see it here?

1643201709785.jpg

1643201709843.jpg
    - Why does the screen awake by a simple nudge to the phone sideways, wasn't like that before and can't turn it off?

Touch to wake is gone. If you don't want screen to wake up by moment disable AOD completely. Sucks I know. Hoping for Touch to wake to return.

- Why has the touch sound changed from being the most satisfying click sound ever to an annoying ping sound?

Don't know. I find all such sounds annoying.

- Why can't I disable left swipe on home screen to delete that stupid Google news crap feed?

Was this possible for you in 11? Wasn't for me on EU firmware as far as I know.

5. G1643195868391
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2022

G1643195868391 , Jan 27, 2022 :
    How can I get the clock widget back on my home screen, it is gone after the update?

Don't see it here?

'Thanks a lot mate, ugly font though but better than nothing.

Touch to wake is gone. If you don't want screen to wake up by moment disable AOD completely. Sucks I know. Hoping for Touch to wake to return.

'This is a joke, having the phone in the car and the phone constantly wakes up and drains battery!

Don't know. I find all such sounds annoying.

'Nah, the previous click sound was so nice.

Was this possible for you in 11? Wasn't for me on EU firmware as far as I know.

'Yep, there was an option to disable left swipe to bin that triple bar on OS 11 EU.

6. Wildravenz
    Donut Jan 27, 2022

Wildravenz , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 27, 2022 :
    After updating to 12C44 Kepad closing automatically when I receive a new notifications on top everytime I have to close that notification to get back the keypad how to solve this

7. W1616503876153
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2022

W1616503876153 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 27, 2022 :
    The 9 pro is my first OP phone and I was loving it, except for two minor annoyances; however, with this 'upgrade' I'm faced with so many annoyances and bugs, it's unbelievably frustrating.
    1. Android Auto will not connect to my car any longer. Out of the box, it just worked from day one, until 12 hit. I've reset my car and cleared cache and it still will not with.
    2. Plugging in my phone to the car gives me an extra dialog box, versus just doing what it's supposed to by default. If I wanted to change the default, I would.
    3. I can connect my OnePlus Buds Z via Bluetooth and listen to audio, they will not work on a phone call. It's weird, all phone sounds good to the buds, but phone audio goes to the phone.
    4. The alarm screen is not user friendly. You have to be super precise on turning on an alarm or you'll get kicked to the alarm settings screen. At first I thought it was broke, but after five trys, was able to turn on an alarm.
    5. The swipe from the upper right to get to your tiles is competing with my notifications. Hear me out... I reach up and something I pull tiles, sometimes I pull notifications. I'm sure I could get used to it, but the old method was so slick. Pull down on the home screen and get tiles, pull down from top of screen for notifications. This is now super annoying.
    6. Since the update, when receiving calls, the phone screen doesn't come to the front for me to answer. The quickest way I have found to answer is to pull down notifications and answer from there; however, I've missed about half my calls. Hanging up is also sometimes a chore.
    7. The fingerprint scanner doesn't consistently appear for me to unlock my phone. I sometimes have to hit the power button and then sometimes it appears and other times I have to use a code to unlock.
    8. the always on display doesn't always stay on. I have to tap my phone or pick up my phone for it to appear.
    9. I just upgraded, so I'm sure there will be things I discover that I like and dislike, but I feel that the issues above are to strong of a reason and I must downgrade soon

I don't have it in my budget to get a new phone, so I'll probably just downgrade. I'm not looking forward to the downgrade process, but restoring Android is relatively painless when compared to iOS.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022

T1637927066984 likes this.
  8. Anish_Ag
    Donut Jan 27, 2022

Anish_Ag , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 27, 2022 :
    I am using 9 Pro and after updating my device is experiencing lag issues and the processor information in settings is showing Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 OctaCore rather than showing Qualcomm Snapdragon 888. Not only this but also sound level of earphones reduced after update, now I have to keep volume more than I used to keep before. I so not like this update. Please fix these issues asap.
    1643309688070.jpg

SailingLion and P1618831122346 like this.
  9. Harmanyash
    Cupcake Jan 29, 2022

Harmanyash , via OnePlus 9 , Jan 29, 2022 :
    I've switched from galaxy s series to one plus 9. Everything was excellent untill os12. Now im thinking of selling it. By bye one plus forever

T1637927066984 likes this.
  10. P1618831122346
    Donut Jan 29, 2022

P1618831122346 , via OnePlus 9 , Jan 29, 2022 :
    Same problem bro😂. And the phone too lagging like a snapdragon 855 processor

SailingLion likes this.
  11. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jan 29, 2022

Bouncer71 , Jan 29, 2022 :
    Camera app and Gallery app are far better IMO...
    Still an option to shoot RAW in any mode is missing..

Okay, f-stops in Portrait mode for the background blur intensity is kinda funny having a fixed aperture...😂

12. B_Wrath
    Moderator Moderator Jan 30, 2022

B_Wrath , Jan 30, 2022 :
    Hi.

Please read and use the official update thread for any update related discussion.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-12-c-44-update-for-oneplus-9-and-oneplus-9-pro.1537780/

Instructions on how to report bugs and leave feedback are on the first post.

In future, please use the search function and discuss in the existing threads instead of creating a new thread. Follow the forum rules.

Thread closed.