[CLOSED]Oxygen_28_OTA_070_all Fails To Update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyphon Froyo Jun 15, 2019

Psyphon, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Hi all,

While I have three decades of IT experience under my belt, I'm in uncharted waters (for me), when it comes to this situation.

Until last week, I had a OnePlus 3, which I was extremely satisfied with, except for the crack in the screen... and the battery life (which was reaching normally low, for a stock OnePlus 3 battery).

Seeing as I had some birthday money, I thought I'd get it repaired, or upgraded. the repairs would put me in the $300+ CDN range, while I found a OnePlus 3T for a bargain... near mint condition... loads of battery life left. ($1K for the OnePlus 7 Pro is just insane! I can't justify it.)

The problem? The previous owner mentioned that he rooted it, in order to get an app working; and now I can't get the latest OTA update to apply:

OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_070_all_1812060053_aa0e9499dff94b86.zip

I've tried the OTA and downloading the zip file. Via OTA, I get a "failed" error, while the zip file on the root appears to apply, without any errors... but when I check the version, afterwards... it's still:

OxygenOS 5.0.8
    Amdroid 8.0.0

I'm certain that I can't be the only person experiencing this. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 15, 2019

pablofg1978, Jun 15, 2019 :
    Please use the official update thread for any questions about the update.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...d-pie-for-oneplus-3-oneplus-3t.1037208/unread
    Redundant thread closed

Psyphon likes this.