[CLOSED]OxygenOS 11.2.5.5 for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomZo
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

MomZo , May 10, 2021 :
    What is the difference between Global (AA) and EU (BA) versions?

It seems Global updates are much longer to be available than EU and India versions, so I would like to understand the pros and cons to use the EU version over the GLO version.

Can I flash through local update the full zip of 11.2.5.5 BA if I am currently running 11.2.5.5 DA?

Djoon likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 10, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    Not sure exactly, I do know they may have regional app differences. It may also be used to track which regions are installing the different versions, and possibly to do with 5G radio bands. It may also be for support and marketing purposes amongst others. Or all of the above.

However as to why the Global version is not being released as quick, no one here would know. That would be something for the developers to explain.

I don't think you can flash the same zip for a different region over another, simply because it may state that the file being installed is older, even though they may be the same date.

Maybe try on the next version, don't install the next Global version but install the Full EU version. Not sure if that may wipe the phone. So do backup the phone beforehand.

the_o2 and MomZo like this.
  3. Caomhin

4. MomZo
    Honeycomb May 10, 2021

MomZo , May 10, 2021 :
    I confirm it is not possible to flash the same OOS version with a different region.
    I just tried and it didn't let me proceed because "the version is older than the current one".

I will try with the next update.

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. khelannn
    Froyo May 10, 2021

khelannn , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    they are not doing anything brother i have been in talks with them since so long

Caoimhín likes this.
  6. Caomhin

When you discussed it with them, what did they state, and also did you get a support ticket number as well?

7. khelannn
    Froyo May 10, 2021

khelannn , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 10, 2021 :
    the issue has been forwarded to respective people in consern ...and will be sorted out quickly

8. Caomhin

So you have finally contacted OnePlus Support. Thank you 👍

khelannn likes this.
  9. Ajay33
    Froyo May 10, 2021

10. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 10, 2021

Caoimhín likes this.