[closed] OxygenOS Open Beta 14 for the OnePlus 3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anandbibek
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2017

anandbibek , Apr 28, 2017 :
    Permissions were already given, no change. I actually have every storage permission enabled for every app. Checked in LogCat after reboot, Wallpaper Service throws an error saying invalid wallpaper. And this apparently causes a long black screen after boot

2. horward
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2017

3. lostnerd280
    Cupcake Apr 28, 2017

lostnerd280 , Apr 28, 2017 :
    I am using Nova Launcher. Whenever I reboot the phone home screen wallpaper gets changed to the default wallpaper of Android N.
    I noticed that phone vibrates 5-6 times when booting up. I wiped cache partition and cleaned up the cache of Nova Launcher as well.
    I am not sure if this is a bug or not but when i press the volume up or down button in General or Do not disturb mode it changes the volume of Alarm rather than changing the media volume. Is this what it is supposed to do?

4. jonitfcfan
    Jelly Bean Apr 28, 2017

jonitfcfan , Apr 28, 2017 :
    This has already been reported here, we'll probably have to wait for the next beta

That's normal for Do Not Disturb mode as the idea is to silence all sounds except for alarms.

5. managerxxx
    Froyo Apr 28, 2017

managerxxx , Apr 28, 2017 :
    Before I log a bug, has anyone else noticed that tapping on the screen to take a photo whilst recording a video results in a very 'corrupt' (lots of distortion, strange colours etc) picture? I tried googling and searching the thread but haven't found anyone else referring to such issues (although I have to confess that I only discovered that this functionality existed yesterday!!).

f00tbaLL and Topper_Gas like this.
  6. Azlan irshad
    Froyo Apr 28, 2017

Azlan irshad , Apr 28, 2017 :
    Temporary solution is go to settings - apps - OnePlus launcher - clear data and Clear catch.

f00tbaLL and yogi.rulzz like this.
  7. Uncle timmy
    Gingerbread Apr 28, 2017

Uncle timmy , Apr 28, 2017 :
    Thank you @ghostofcain and any others who have mentioned safe mode. With OB 14 I was experiencing 31% battery drain in 7 hours while only in sleep mode and faster when using. Tried lots of different ways to find out the cause thinking it was OB 14 or play services. Put it in safe mode last night had only 3 % drain in 8 hours in sleep mode. Knew it wasn't os issue. The first app I disabled was Viber and now my phone is not draining.

8. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Apr 28, 2017

ghostofcain , Apr 28, 2017 :
    Its a matter of knowing that helps, glad we could be of help to you.

Sun90 and cmitchellshaw like this.
  9. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Apr 29, 2017

cmitchellshaw , Apr 29, 2017 :
    I'd say fine the bug report and upload the log. if not many users hand the problem, they'll figure that out. the more bug reports, the better.

10. G_abhi_abhi_tXeF
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2017

G_abhi_abhi_tXeF , Apr 29, 2017 :
    guys here i found one bug in 7.1.1 beta 14 ..every time i reboot my oneplus 3 it changes to default wallpaper..is their any solution or i need to wait for another patch..

11. l1qu1dsnake
    Donut Apr 29, 2017

l1qu1dsnake , Apr 29, 2017 :
    I'm using the phone off and on at set timings feature. Noticed every time it turns on, my apps on the second home screen are gone until a restart (sometimes two restarts).

Whatsapp in particular doesn't send notifications as well until I launch it.

12. adpro
    KitKat Apr 29, 2017

adpro , Apr 29, 2017 :
    Known bug. Already reported. Wait for update.

cmitchellshaw likes this.
  13. gourab999
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2017

gourab999 , Apr 29, 2017 :
    some updates are released to give u trouble. This is true for the whole android industry. They by doing this makes u start thinking about a new product. This is also a kind of sales technique.

14. Android450
    Marshmallow Apr 29, 2017

Android450 , Apr 29, 2017 :
    Pointless to say so in a BETA thread

sammerasker, ssagheer and adpro like this.
  15. varma246
    Lollipop Apr 29, 2017

varma246 , Apr 29, 2017 :
    You will also do the same thing when you are their position. [e]1f60f[/e](^_-)

16. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 29, 2017

Topper_Gas , Apr 29, 2017 :
    Installing GSam battery app via the recommended process would highlight problem apps like this, it does seem some times apps don't clear when closed and so drain the battery, I've found uTorrent does it every time, others like FB just drain the battery regardless!

17. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 29, 2017

Topper_Gas , Apr 29, 2017 :
    I've just tried it on my phone w/o any issues (I've now learnt another trick!) before I reported I'd wipe the cache/reboot my phone plus clear the camera's own cache, if it's got one.

18. Topper_Gas
    KitKat Apr 29, 2017

Sun90 likes this.
  19. G_Moinul_Islam_Ayon_cdrb
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2017

20. rahulyewale
    Cupcake Apr 29, 2017