[CLOSED]Photochrome sensor being disabled via OnePlus 8 Pro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silot
    Donut May 19, 2020

silot , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Hello, the op 8 pro photochrome color filter will be disabled in a future update because social media hyped it up like it was a true x-ray magic camera that could see though anything, when this is completely wrong.

I want to know what the official stand of OnePlus is on this matter because if that fourth camera sensor gets completely disabled we are losing actual hardware functionally that we paid for, it's like disabling half of the ram and storage space after you sell the phone, yes I know it's not an important feature for most people, but still it's part of the hardware of the phone and part of the price.

I am really annoyed that a company has to give in to nonsensical complains and hype because some YouTube channels want to clickbait and make some quick profit.

What is next , disabling the zoom of the s20 ultra because you can spy on people from far away? You understand that this is completely ridiculous.

2. Huigiebaby
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

Huigiebaby , May 19, 2020 :
    Good excuse if you need a reason to return your phone, imho.

@OnePlus, please google for "black see through flash". Oldest photographers trick in the world...

Are you going to disable the flash too?

DON'T BE SILLY!

3. YoMamasNerd
    Cupcake May 19, 2020

4. billy197302
    Eclair May 19, 2020

Velunr, p51d007, 666Syco and 2 others like this.
  5. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 19, 2020

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    Some of the hype is due to a fake picture that claims to be taken with Oneplus 8 Pro...
    Did they really say they disable the sensor completely or just that specific filter? Seen some claims of both

Velunr and Bouncer71 like this.
  6. JMac1
    Eclair May 19, 2020

JMac1 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    100% agree that there is absolutely no reason to disable this feature. Don't cave into the fake social media pressure. I actually enjoy using this feature for artistic photography. If you disable it I will demand a partial refund on the device. Have some balls 1+....

7. Drewgaren
    Froyo May 19, 2020

Drewgaren , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    agreed do not disable this feature. the phone was sold with this feature, taking this away is misleading consumers who paid for your product expecting to have this as part of the camera setup. if you disable it you need to offer partial refunds. it's false advertisement.

Velunr, billy197302 and Bouncer71 like this.
  8. Spl4tt
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 19, 2020

Spl4tt , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 19, 2020 :
    It's stupid. There's no issue at all, the quality is too bad to actually spy anyway. It's a fun feature, and taking it away is just stupid

Remove it and make my battery bigger and the cam bump smaller? Fine. Next time.

Velunr likes this.
  9. Q1589893888662
    Donut May 19, 2020

Q1589893888662 , May 19, 2020 :
    I have tried the camera on my wife and you couldn't even see through her leggings. But you can shoot very interesting photos out in the nature.

OnePlus if you disable this feature, even when only temporarily, I will return my new bought phone because you disabling a hardware future I have paid for.

Velunr and cipikao like this.
  10. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator May 19, 2020

Bouncer71 likes this.