Other [Closed] PLEASE STOP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportzilla
    Donut Jun 17, 2019

sportzilla , Jun 17, 2019 :
    I do not mind getting useful updates like security patches but PLEASE stop changing my UI/UX!!! I now have some bullshit sepia filter over my screen picture when I and now it takes me MORE steps to swipe down to see all the quick settings. I hate OWNING something that some then changes. It is MY phone, dont change it

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Jun 17, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Jun 17, 2019 :
    Install your preferred OS / version of choice.

Don't install any updates.

Boom, done.

Paschfire, Bobbie63, B_Wrath and 3 others like this.
  3. sportzilla
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

sportzilla , Jun 18, 2019 :
    No, It's not boom done. It is yet another time waster in a world of not enough time in the day already. Just leave the customizing to me, once I have it set up I want it left alone. Even worse if I find a setting changed and then zero trust in everything plus I have to spend time going through the settings again. My phone UI is like bubble gum, and I am an adult. Update security and operational efficiency but let me worry about the colors, fonts, and sizes.

Picture this, you buy a new car and then a month later the factory comes by and gives you whitewall tires and poka dots paint paint job, boom done. How do you like the way your new car looks? Well it looks like someone else picked it out because they did. You just paid a bunch of money for something and now its not what you bought. Its kinda criminal, almost terrorism really.

4. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jun 18, 2019 :
    What is this bad software support Stockholm syndrome or something?

If they did what you asked OOS would still have the same clunky UI it came with on Marshmallow. This isn't Windows 98 where you buy one software version as a finished package and then only receive security patches after that. Android is designed to be continuously supported and is never really finished with development.

If other OEMs have conditioned you to expect to stay with the same OS version you bought the phone with and then just receiving security updates after that is good enough, then I'm sorry but that isn't the way Android was designed to work and it isn't good enough. There are other important security enhancements and API changes that can't be delivered as a security patches and come hand in hand with whatever UI changes might have been made in the new release. It's a package deal you can't pick and choose.

If you're really so afraid of change that you can't get used to a few UI changes then your only option is to do what @toastytoast1234 suggested and stay on the same software version and miss out on whatever other enhancements might come in newer versions. Those are your only options, there's no in between.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019

5. C1558993391358
    Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

C1558993391358 , Jun 18, 2019 :
    I just love all the changes OnePlus has been doing on Oxygen OS. The system is getting better each new release/update!

6. sportzilla
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

Keep smoking the Hydra, Bob.
    Some of us use our phones for work and need to make quick decisions so any UX changes can cause damage, like IDK, maybe prescribing the wrong medical procedure. I'm not afraid of change and I'm not the only one who is sick of this crap. Have a look at the people who want Google Inbox back, and that's just email.

7. sportzilla
    Donut Jun 18, 2019

**paid promo**

8. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jun 18, 2019

KeepTransisting , Jun 18, 2019 :
    If a UX change is damaging to you, then you've got worse problems.

You can always buy an iPhone if you want an OS that's looked the same for the last decade

9. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jun 18, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Lol a minute ago you didn't want your phone to look like it was covered in polka dots, now suddenly it's a matter of life and death. Computers have been integrated in the medical field for decades now and I've yet to hear anyone blame a mistake on an operating system change, but if they did I highly doubt that argument would hold up in a malpractice hearing in court.

People wanting Inbox back is a valid argument because it actually had functionalities that can't be replaced by Gmail yet. They haven't removed any functionality here, just changed the look of the UI and maybe rearranged some menus a bit. Besides any medical information you get or anything like that isn't being provided by the core OS but from apps you have installed which aren't affected by those changes, so that argument just doesn't hold water.

10. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 18, 2019

elanglois , Jun 18, 2019 :
    Then don't update it! ***** at Google. Better yet, buy an AT&T branded phone. My mom has one. Nice phone. Never had a single update in 3 or 4 years!

11. elanglois
    Lollipop Jun 18, 2019

elanglois , Jun 18, 2019 :
    If the fact that the lockscreen filter changed from black to based on the wallpaper color causes you to prescribe the wrong meds then please send me your full name and country of origin so I can have your medical license revoked and get you put ON some meds.

But you aren't a doctor are you? You just want things to ***** about! This the best you can come up with? Can't you ***** about your camera like everyone else?

12. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jun 18, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 18, 2019 :
    So, you claim you'll botch a medical procedure because of UI/UX change? Can you tell me which change affects your medical decision making abilities?

13. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jun 18, 2019

B_Wrath , Jun 18, 2019 :
    So, you are a paid person by competition to complain about menial things like UI in the oneplus forums?

Paschfire and C1558993391358 like this.
  14. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jun 18, 2019

camohan , Jun 18, 2019 :
    If you have any issues or feedback relating to update, please ensure to provide your feedback in the respective update thread. You can continue to discuss in the existing update thread.

Pointless thread closed.