[CLOSED] [Poll Of The Week] Which tech category could you live without forever?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Writers' Club May 13, 2022

CosmicPaladin , May 13, 2022 :
    Tech.png (banner by @rohitanand)

The wise wisdom says: Life is a balance between holding on and letting go. While that notion is rooted in the depts of philosophy, it poses a rather tricky proposition when it comes to us, gadget nerds. Not only we are constantly running behind or yearning to indulge in the latest tech, but we keep accumulating all the vintage pieces too. Newer categories of tech and gadgets spring up each year and the urge to acquire them keeps skyrocketing!

And if you're a person like me who loves traveling a lot, it's a conundrum galore to choose which gadgets I carry for my trip! In an ideal world, given a choice of unlimited luggage for free on the flight, I'd want to carry all of them.

But that ain't gonna happen. I may want to carry my DSLR for my bucket shots, the drone to shoot perspectives and wow my friends, and at least 2 smartphones. The list goes on. This is getting cumbersome now, and as you can tell, with each trip I am faced with a situation where I must "give up" carrying one or more gadgets. I'm sure you'd be too.

But is the above the only reason to give up gadgets? What if we had to give up one or more of them forever? Before you point your questions at me, here are some of the possible reasons why "giving up" would make sense:

Doing our bit to reduce carbon footprint
    If you have a device out there that you don't really need and use, it's wise to give it up unless you plan to arrange a museum of all the gadgets you use. As more devices are connected to the Internet, the higher the usage of energy and demand for data centers.

Change in media consumption patterns

Gone are the days when most of us took it to the iPods or portable music players that carried content on their local storage. Given the high-speed Internet, we consume a lot of entertainment through streaming. Unless you're living under a thick canopy deep inside amazon forests with no Internet, considering giving up those iPods may be a good idea!

Support recycling
    You'd be amazed to know about the extent to which many components of our gadgets can be put to use in newer devices! Sending the gadgets to recycling will not only show our kindness to Mother Earth but may also aid vendors of Original Equipment Manufacturers in keeping prices at bay!

Making smarter choices
    At times, buying a gadget that performs great may be pricier, but in the long run, might end up saving a lot of money. For instance, I felt a big pinch when I got my iPad a few years ago, but it still runs like a charm! In a year of getting my iPad, I gave up a low-end personal laptop I had and that was not serving any purpose anymore. And the iPad helped me click good pictures on the move too!

Well, there are more reasons in addition to convenience, heading the minimalist route et all. It is a tough call to give up gadgets we so dearly love! Let's say if you had to give up that one category of tech FOREVER, what would it be? Hit the poll and perhaps tell us how and why in the comments!

Here is to making smarter tech choices, while making the right optimal use of it in quantity, and for a better greener planet. :)

Never Stop, Never Settle, Fellas!

2. TakmanTechnical
    Honeycomb May 13, 2022

Mr. BG, X1627717225189 and atenaa like this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 13, 2022

4. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Writers' Club May 13, 2022

Cheetosdust , May 13, 2022 :
    You could live without a smartphone forever?

5. TakmanTechnical
    Honeycomb May 13, 2022

6. Cheetosdust
    Moderator, Content Coordinator Moderator Writers' Club May 13, 2022

Cheetosdust , May 13, 2022 :
    Hehe, it was a little bit strange, but hey, all the answers are valid. :D

Speaking about answers, I think it's the first time we have a start like this:

upload_2022-5-13_14-8-22.png

7. TakmanTechnical
    Honeycomb May 13, 2022

atenaa likes this.
  8. Bobbie63
    Nougat May 13, 2022

Bobbie63 , May 13, 2022 :
    Sure that’s a pretty good representation of this poll with 4 repostas. 😁

Last edited: May 13, 2022

9. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert May 13, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 13, 2022 :
    All 4 of these, have absolutely no use for any of them.
    1652448383233.jpg

And if PC/Laptop disappeared from the planet tomorrow, I could live without them too. 👍

10. dsmonteiro
    OnePlus Community Team Staff Member May 13, 2022

dsmonteiro , May 13, 2022 :
    Do people still have Portable Music Players? That's so 1999.

11. KrossKinetic
    Gingerbread May 13, 2022

atenaa and dsmonteiro like this.
  12. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert May 13, 2022

atenaa, buntycubal and dsmonteiro like this.
  13. Sravankumarjangam
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 May 13, 2022

14. BetaBot
    Jelly Bean May 13, 2022

BetaBot , May 13, 2022 :
    Television, Camera, Portable Music Players.

Above can be fone with 1+ phone

atenaa likes this.
  15. SRD.
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G May 13, 2022

SRD. , via OnePlus Community App , May 13, 2022 :
    For me, the portable music player physically no longer exists. ( Listening to music on phone only). Gaming consoles are not my cup of tea. So, I can live without any of these.

17. buntycubal
    User of the Year 2017 May 13, 2022

buntycubal , May 13, 2022 :
    I can live without Smart Wearables (including fitness trackers & smart watches). i always love the touch of my serpenti's on my wrist &...Casio G-Shock while climbing rocks😋
    2f8b8ca8ac5e9b1ef13fc98398e6119a.gif

18. eddyros
    Ice Cream Sandwich Writers' Club May 13, 2022

L1628355798261 and atenaa like this.
  19. eddyros
    Ice Cream Sandwich Writers' Club May 13, 2022

eddyros , May 13, 2022 :
    PPPPPPPP......CCCCCCCC
    PP..........PP......CC
    PP..........PP......CC
    PPPPPPPP......CC
    PP....................CC