[CLOSED/RESOLVED]OnePlus lost my Trade-In, OnePlus Customer Support is HORRIBLE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzJazz Honeycomb Jun 19, 2019

AzJazz, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Hi - I sent my OPO in for a $70 Trade-In voucher for a OP7 Pro almost a month ago, and OnePlus has apparently lost my phone. I have called OP Customer Support almost a dozen times now regarding my trade-in, and OP Customer Support has been absolutely terrible!

I have not been able to make any progress at all on my trade-in problem.

FedEx reported that my phone was received at the trade-in facility in Fort Worth TX on 31-MAY.

However, my OnePlus Account reports my Trade In Record of my phone as: Not Received

I have to repeat my incident details to the Customer Support reps every time I call in before I am told that the Customer Service managers are almost always "unavailable" or are "in meetings". It has been a struggle to get to talk to a CS manager.

Eventually, I have talked to a couple of Customer Service managers. They told me that they would research what has happened to my phone, and then they will call me back in a day or two. The OP managers have never called me back.

At this point, I am afraid that I am out of options. May phone appears to be lost or stolen, and calling OP support has not accomplished anything other than wasting hours of my time.

What can I do to get my $70 voucher to purchase a OP7?

AzJazz

2. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 21, 2019

Stickied Post
    SoniaB, Jun 21, 2019 :
    @AzJazz Escalations team have confirmed that an empty box was received at the center. They are currently liaising with the the carrier (FedEx) to investigate further.

Escalations team also confirmed that they have advised you of this

3. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 19, 2019

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  4. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 19, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 19, 2019 :
    Hey there

Can you please PM me your support ticket number and Trade-in reference and I will escalate this to admins.

@B_Wrath thanks for the tag [​IMG]

The1Lion, toastytoast1234 and B_Wrath like this.
  5. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 19, 2019

hotsauce, toastytoast1234 and SoniaB like this.
  6. AzJazz Honeycomb Jun 20, 2019

7. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Jun 20, 2019

toastytoast1234, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I'm afraid this may be setting a bad precedent - are we saying that whining in ALL-CAPS is actually a valid way to get things done around here?

8. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jun 20, 2019

B_Wrath, Jun 20, 2019 :
    I tag the poor mods for help only if the thread is half decent and sounds highly genuine.

9. AzJazz Honeycomb Jun 20, 2019

AzJazz, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Well ... Technically, my title wasn't all caps. Just one word of emphasis. :rolleyes:

I had just gotten off the phone with OnePlus Customer Service this morning, and I was pretty livid after wasting another 45 minutes of time re-re-explaining and still getting nowhere. I was a bit emotional at the time I started writing this, and my title reflects what I was going through. I think that you could agree that with what I am going through, the emphasis is appropriate.

Fortunately, I heavily edited and then re-edited my original draft before I hit the "Post" button. My original draft would not have been fit to print. :)

I'm really hoping that I get a resolution from posting here on the forums - I have given up on calling OP Customer Service.

Thanks,

AzJazz

toastytoast1234 likes this.
  10. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 20, 2019

B_Wrath and toastytoast1234 like this.
  11. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 22, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  12. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Jun 22, 2019

Android450 likes this.
  13. AzJazz Honeycomb Jun 23, 2019

AzJazz, Jun 23, 2019 :
    @SoniaB - Thank you very much for escalating the issue!

I still haven't seen any resolution to this from OnePlus, so I don't know where I stand right now.

I finally established an email contact, and OnePlus finally did respond back that the third party trade-in company "received an empty box at our inspection facility", which to me indicates that someone at the company OP hired could have stolen my trade-in - similar to what @themadhatterxxx said happened to them.

That's not my problem, though - I shipped OP a phone, FedEx said it was delivered and signed for. It was lost somewhere by OnePlus or by someone they hired, so it's a OnePlus problem. My OPO was in perfect shape - it still worked perfectly fine with no scratches or dents, so I could see where it might have been desirable by someone with shaky morals.

However ... my OP3T has been failing with a flickering screen for weeks, and I have been trying to purchase a new phone. I planned on purchasing a OP7 Pro, but now I am looking at other manufacturers. I will be purchasing a new phone this week, and it could still be a OP 7 Pro - but OP has been stalling on this because of some process that they feel they need to track down the missing trade-in.

At this point, what will happen if they find that the trade-in is truly missing? Falsely blame me and give me nothing? Falsely blame FedEx, and give me nothing? Or, will they decide to do the right thing anyways that they should have already done, and just send me a voucher regardless of whether they can find the phone or not?

With all the frustration and time I have wasted on this issue, the $70 trade-in value is a very weak compensation. Other more mature companies with good customer service would have resolved this issue by now, and probably provided more than the $70 to make sure that the customer left very happy at the end of the ordeal. That's what Customer Service is all about.

If the Customer Service rep can't get me a voucher due to OP process, their manager can. Or that manager's manager. Surely, Peter Lau can.

But ... because of a broken trade-in process at OP, OnePlus now runs the risk of losing my wife and I permanently as future customers. OnePlus could lose thousands of dollars of future revenue from us because they feel they absolutely have to track down a phone that was at least lost by OnePlus' process, and possibly stolen by a company they hired. They may never find the phone, though, and I am kept hanging - and I'm not waiting forever.

OP needs to fix their trade-in process so that issues like a lost phone have a fixed time limit for resolution - if the phone doesn't have a voucher/value established by one week after FedEx has proof of delivery, the customer should get the full value of the voucher. OnePlus can spend their own time internally trying to track down the lost / stolen phone, but the customer doesn't have to be penalized for an internal OnePlus issue.

Again, thank you for escalating this at OnePlus. I'm hoping that it will be resolved shortly.

Thanks,

AzJazz

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019

14. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 23, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 23, 2019 :
    Well it needs to be investigated with the the shipping company.
    As far as I know, shipments are weighed. So certainly there would be a discrepancy there if that is the case. We also do not know if the packaging at receipt at the 3rd party facility had been tampered with. So I would be cautious in blaming anyone here. It goes without saying that I do not put any blame on you.

But OnePlus have to follow due process in investigating with the shipping company as well as the reception facility.

All I can do for my part is keep chasing for an update and resolution, one that all parties can be happy with.

@themadhatterxxx's case is different. CS Escalation team have confirmed that his device is device locked and that is the issue in doing the trade in. I chased that case again already as themadhatterxxx confirmed that CS has not contacted him, despite stating in their reply to me that they would.

15. AzJazz Honeycomb Jun 24, 2019

AzJazz, Jun 24, 2019 :
    Hi, @SoniaB - Fedex reported that the shipping weight was 0.6 lbs / 0.27 kgs - significantly more than a tiny empty cardboard box.

I have PM'd you the FedEx tracking number, which has the additional information on the "Shipment Facts" tab.

Yes, I understand OnePlus' desire to track the lost phone down. Unfortunately, I am the one getting penalized as a result of a failure inside of OnePlus, and apparently OnePlus doesn't realize how important this is to me.

Again - What will happen if OnePlus doesn't find the phone? Is there a drop-dead date on when OP will send me a voucher regardless, even if they don't find the phone?

More importantly, does OP really think it is the proper business decision to treat a long-time customer - a customer from the very beginning - this way over a measly $70 (from their point, but definitely not mine), and then lose thousands of dollars of future revenue as a result? Well ... I guess OnePlus can get heavily penalized as a result of this lack of customer support, but unfortunately they will never know that they permanently lost a customer, or even why.

You and I will know, but that won't make it up to the management who should be making the decisions on this or realize that their current policies need fixing.

I can't wait for months, or even weeks. I have to get a new phone before my OP3T screen totally dies, and I don't really have any time left.

Thanks again for keeping in contact,

AzJazz

16. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 24, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 24, 2019 :
    I completely understand the frustration and situation. I will contact the Escalations team again and advise as per above.

I will try and do my best to move this along to a swift resolution

17. themadhatterxxx Donut Jun 24, 2019

themadhatterxxx, Jun 24, 2019 :
    Yep, I sent in a One Plus 5T in mint condition. Perfect situation for someone with shaky morals to do something nefarious.

"CS Escalation team have confirmed that his device is device locked" - Let me clarify this:

I did a factory reset like the instructions stated. If OnePlus wanted to avoid issues maybe the instructions should've shown people how to manually check and verify that the device was removed from their android account.

On June 5th - Trade-In department sent me an email stating: "Apple Activation Lock Not Disabled".
    I sent in a One Plus 5T not an iPhone. I immediately tried to contact the trade-in department within minutes of receiving that message to try and clarify what that even meant and called several times over the last 3 weeks after that to try and figure out what was the problem. Never got any calls or emails back even though I was promised that every single time.
    One Plus Customer Service fails many times.

On June 11th - After figuring out through you, what may actually be the issue, I was ready to immediately remove the phone from my android account, once it was confirmed who was in possession of my phone. A process that literally would've taken a few minutes. All it would've taken was one person with the phone in their possession to call me to resolve this. Never heard from One Plus Customer Service ever.
    One Plus Customer Service fails many times.

June 24th - No phone, no voucher, no contact ever from Customer Service.

If there was an issue with my phone and they could not accept it, then why wasn't my phone returned?

This company has no idea what customer service is and refuses to take any responsibility for issues.
    "It's the customer's fault!"

G_plusone likes this.
  18. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 24, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 24, 2019 :
    I keep chasing your escalation, but I too am awaiting a response

19. AzJazz Honeycomb Jun 26, 2019

AzJazz, Jun 26, 2019 :
    Thanks again for helping with this, @SoniaB! I feel so lost at this point.

I'm incredibly frustrated, and thank you for being the only one who seems to care about this. OnePlus lost my phone, and I really don't think it will ever be found. There doesn't seem to be any urgency from the OP CS department to track this down - I haven't received any updates from CS other than what I already posted above.

And, OnePlus doesn't seem to be a "fail-safe" in their system to eventually resolve this if they don't find the phone.

OP probably hopes that I'll just give up on this and leave them alone.

No company should be treating their customers like this - especially a loyal one who has previously promoted OP products to friends and family. OP should be bending over as a start-up to make their customers happy. There is no doubt that Samsung, LG, Apple, Motorola, and probably just about any other major cell phone manufacturer would have treated me with more respect than OP - and they all would have resolved it to my satisfaction.

I stand by my title on this thread, even though it was written during a moment of frustration - OP has earned the title.

AzJazz

SoniaB likes this.
  20. SoniaB Nougat Senior Moderator Jun 26, 2019

SoniaB, Jun 26, 2019 :
    I will keep on escalating there is not much else I can do. The last reply I had was that CS were still awaiting update from the reception centre (3rd party)

superplus and B_Wrath like this.