[closed]Root and Custom ROM via OnePlus Community App

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k9r4n15 , via OnePlus Community App , Jun 4, 2020 :
    Hey there!

I have the OnePlus 7T (T-Mobile) HD1907 device, just went through the process of unlocking my bootloader, but stuck on getting the international variant of the OS so I can root it, flash TWRP and potentially install LineageOS or OmniROM on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Though, I only have access to Linux; it won't let me put Windows on my laptop at all, but that's a whole different problem. If I can root it without a Windows 10 device, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

KyG

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

2. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2020

3. k9r4n15
    Donut Jun 5, 2020

k9r4n15 , Jun 5, 2020 :
    None of the TWRP images worked for me, hoping to get some expertise on it somehow?

HD1907, OxygenOS 10.0.8HD63CB software. Could I flash any international variant software on the device through fastboot? I don't have access to a Windows computer.

4. Sheppards
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 5, 2020

Tobikage likes this.
  5. Hyperspacey
    Froyo Jun 5, 2020

Hyperspacey , via OnePlus 7T , Jun 5, 2020 :
    There's no official TWRP binary for the 7T or any other phone that launched with Android 10 due to partition changes, and the fact TWRP's maintainer is extremely busy on other stuff besides TWRP. Most custom ROMs don't officially support the 7T either as it seems to be a bit of a "diva" device that doesn't seem to be easy to develop for.

I believe Paranoid Android Quartz will get a 7T build eventually. That's your best bet. Keep an eye on XDA, it's the best place for this sort of stuff.

Tobikage likes this.
  6. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator Jun 5, 2020

Horsault , Jun 5, 2020 :
    You already posted this in an existing relevant thread.
    Forum rules forbid to open separate threads when an existing relevant thread exists, as well as posting same thing in several places.
    Thread closed.