[CLOSED] Security Updates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbramell Gingerbread Feb 5, 2019

sbramell, Feb 5, 2019 :

IonutC

Fan boy much ? My old Nokia 8 retails at £230 and still has the latest security patch. And it's not even in Android One programe . I don't get it why you get so frustrated if someone points out that the security patches are important. We are here to discuss and solve our problems with the phone . If it can be done good for all of us, if not not. When a security patch comes out , as the name states, it patches the security of the core OS which is Android and doesn't touch any other software. It is up to developers to pick up on the latest Android releases which are sent out before any public release and see how this affects their software and come with updates of their own.​

common sense much? WTF do you think a security update is, if not an update to the OS? Good for you & you're Nokia I'm sure you're very happy together, but neither one of you two brain surgeons have gotten the point. At this point there is NO point in continuing this "discussion" since anything other than "yes you're right" is apparently fan boy & unreasonable. Also this is a community forum, NOT a developer or customer service forum. Easy fix, go buy a Pixel, Essential or a Nokia & live in bliss...

keithgpowell likes this.
  2. ChochiWpg Froyo Feb 5, 2019

ChochiWpg, Feb 5, 2019 :
    Exactly, thank you.

IonutC and Erroneus like this.
  3. IonutC Eclair Feb 5, 2019

Erroneus and ChochiWpg like this.
  4. Erroneus Eclair Feb 11, 2019

Erroneus, Feb 11, 2019 :
    And now the information has been released about CVE-2019-1988, where a simple PNG file can used to install malware. This has been fixed in the February security updates, but we are still on December patch level. This is simply not good enough OnePlus and I would advise against buying OnePlus phones, until they can deliver security updates faster.

IonutC likes this.
  5. GopalB. Marshmallow Feb 11, 2019

sbramell and Kytharsis like this.
  6. Erroneus Eclair Feb 11, 2019

Erroneus, Feb 11, 2019 :
    That thread doesn't address the issue with slow security updates properly and it's a huge problem that OnePlus doesn't understand how serious an issue this is. There is an incorrect answer, that we have to wait to March, because the current patch level is January 2019, but that's incorrect, as the stable builds are from December 2018. Security is clearly not taken seriously.

I've made a formal complaint now with OnePlus and we have stopped buying OnePlus phones now in our organization with 70 locations and 5000 users, until OnePlus can figure out delivering security updates at faster pace.

IonutC and ChochiWpg like this.
  7. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 11, 2019

sbramell, keithgpowell and Kytharsis like this.